Trooper ending absolutely horrible SPOILERS

hunterareop

I am pretty sure I just popped Rakton in the face and called it a day. Jaxo definitely hit me where I live and honestly was the best romance option in the game, if you could call her a romance option. I was pretty bummed when she didn't become a companion at any point in the story. The one that got away I suppose.

I heard she was originally meant to become one, but the idea got tossed out sometime during beta.

I imagine having too many companions wouldn't have been sustainable longterm. =/

i was excited to see whatt the end of the story would be like but... wow you capture rakton than let him go... you go to corusant talk than it ends... the decisions are both horrible i dont see letting a imperial leader that wants to rage war fair than if you dont you have to quit (darkside points)

Well... How about to add all that you just said regarding rakton, I add

that you never get to see or hear of him ever again, despite imperial top-dog, military leader, which now I would also expect to have a grudge against ye :D :D

And if I may, if you don't like major players in a story vanishing in the middle of the story line, don't roll an agent. Just sayin' :)

Well, the issue with choices in video games, they can't make one choice better then another, otherwise everyone will pick the same choice regardless, its like companions, most players tend to just pick the conversation choice that gives them more affection with the used companion, especially if you want to romance them and you don't want to spend 100k+ on gifts from the GTN.

I would love the choices to mean more in the long run and for our choices to mean something, but they just don't......99% of all choices ultimately mean nothing and make no difference in the long run since you can pick a choice and get the same result, the only reason to pick to spare someone or kill them, is only to get lightside or darkside points, nothing more nothing less.

Jaxo was one of the most gripping moral decisions in the game. In that respect it's great.

I agree that the Chancellor just letting Rakton go was infuriating, but that's what made it a powerful scene. Like you I was actually angry after seeing that. When a video game can make you feel stuff, it's doing something right.

Or you could have let the Chancellor know that it was a stupid decision... then she doesn't let him go...

Jaxo was great. Love her character.

And remember not to "meta-game" your CHARACTER doesn't know she's going to just disappear or cut ties. And if BioWare revisits class story stuff more in the future (like the laughable ones on Rishii) then it's possible (not likely but possible) to have Jaxo return if you saved her.

far as Rakton goes..yah..you didn't HAVE to agree to it. Following LS/DS blindly is rather...dumb...I don't think any of my troopers EVER let Rakton go..either by killing him themselves or telling the chancellor to stuff it.

And yah..BH story is about on par (actually I liked it less)

But Trooper story does end rather disappointingly.

And remember not to "meta-game" your CHARACTER doesn't know she's going to just disappear or cut ties. And if BioWare revisits class story stuff more in the future (like the laughable ones on Rishii) then it's possible (not likely but possible) to have Jaxo return if you saved her.

I keep hoping for BW to do that. :D

Bringing back some favorite characters has always been rather popular on tv shows, and I think the forums have pretty much proved that Jaxo's a rather popular one.

I keep hoping for BW to do that. :D

Bringing back some favorite characters has always been rather popular on tv shows, and I think the forums have pretty much proved that Jaxo's a rather popular one.

I don't think they would bring back Jaxo simply because many of us likely made the "hard" decision, let her die to save everyone else, wrote the letters home etc.

having two stories... one that includes her and one not? That would be A LOT of work. That is why she "disappears"

Edited by Ghisallo

I let her die on my vanguard but saved her on my commando. I have to say, her becoming an emotional wreck over it seems realistic. She'd have to be a soulless witch to not be torn up over it. It sure makes the decision to let her die a whole lot easier.

I let her die on my vanguard but saved her on my commando. I have to say, her becoming an emotional wreck over it seems realistic. She'd have to be a soulless witch to not be torn up over it. It sure makes the decision to let her die a whole lot easier.

agreed, I never saw her basicly being broken over the decision (one she wouild know in her heart would be the wrong one) as terriably unrealistic. it made sense. that'd basicly tear anyone apart

agreed, I never saw her basicly being broken over the decision (one she wouild know in her heart would be the wrong one) as terriably unrealistic. it made sense. that'd basicly tear anyone apart

I think it may be that people don't get this is the part of the Story they tried to have make you feel like a REAL Officer/NCO.

Sorry if the below is a downer...

I was in the Army, then the USAR and NG.

I had a Sgt in the Reserves who served in GW I. He had some of his soldiers die when their Bradley got hit. One night at AT we were drinking... he got really drunk and I had to ask another guy to help me practically carry a weeping grown man, 35 year old, 6'1" 195lbs of muscle, to his bunk because something made him see the faces of his soldiers that he had lost.

The only time that stuff doesn't tear you up at some point is in a bad action movie.

Edited by Ghisallo

I think it may be that people don't get this is the part of the Story they tried to have make you feel like a REAL Officer/NCO.

Sorry if the below is a downer...

I was in the Army, then the USAR and NG.

I had a Sgt in the Reserves who served in GW I. He had some of his soldiers die when their Bradley got hit. One night at AT we were drinking... he got really drunk and I had to ask another guy to help me practically carry a weeping grown man, 35 year old, 6'1" 195lbs of muscle, to his bunk.

The only time that stuff doesn't tear you up at some point is in a bad action movie.

yup. being in charge when people die... (and it happens) SUCKS