Easiest Guardian Line?

Hecxar

Hey all

Another returning player- played a few years ago then gave it up, decided to get back into it and realized...I remember nothing about how to play lol.

So, having looked at the classes again, think I want to start with a Guardian, what is the easiest spec for general leveling. Never got into PVP last time, might this time, but it won;t be for a while. And while I've read a few posts on how to maximize Guardian DPS, not sure my aged brain can remember everything.

Just wondering what spec is considered the "nice and easy " one, if such exists.

As an aside- did they change how cartel gear was bound? I thought I had some unbound sets I had picked up on some of my toons, instead I'm discovering things like I have 2 bound Vengeful something lightsabers on my juggernaut, 2 sets of bound hero something armor on my marauder- it seems like either I equipped both sets before I quit (stupid, but possible) or somehow it all became bound?

If you enjoy taking 30 minutes to kill a pack of mobs, by all means follow the above posters advice. With the understanding that you may have very low presence, your companions are going to slowly whittle health down.

My advice on leveling a guardian at this point would be Focus until you get vigilant thrust from Vigilance, then go Vigilance.

The reason for this is simple, you have shi-cho when you make your character, and you get one of the hardest hitting and main abilities pretty early on. You will be using focused burst in no time, it hits hard even without the shockwave buff from later on down the discipline. Shockwave and the auto crit for it will just be icing on the already hard hit it does.

Use focused burst, sweep, bs on cd and weave in other fillers as needed. Focus spec is about burst damage, it will destroy your targets with ease. Don't be shy about using saber ward either.

75% increased smash damage and off the GCD retaliation will be much more useful than raging burst. Raging burst can help you kill one mob, then you're spamming VS for the rest. Tank also has to heal up less between pulls and crushing blow will hit for more than impale, and in an AoE.

Low levels are different. I say this as someone who just leveled to 60 using this method.

Edited by qwopicus

If you plan on pvp'ing, you should start asap to get familiar with the things to do (marking healers and focusing them when marked, calling inc when you guard a node, preventing enemy team from getting the orbs in ancient hypergates are but a few example). Too often in midbie tier of pvp or end tier, I see people with valor 20, running around like headless chickens, capping a node, then going to the brawl cos they're not attacking stuff and ending up battling a tank...