The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Banner and Screen Decorations (and some other deco suggestions)

One of the questions that made it into the Cantina Tour in Anaheim was a request for Mandalorian themed banners. This was warmly received, and I'd like to suggest some other banners that I think should be easy and am frankly surprised have not yet been made available:

• Jedi Order symbol banners/flags (please, please!)
  • Havoc Squad symbol banners/flags
  • The version of the Imperial banner that you see all over the Sith Academy on Korriban; the Imperial symbol with the pointed/stylized dagger-like protrusions from each side.
  • Mandalorian symbol banners/flags, as seen outside the Mandalorian enclave on Dromund Kaas (just reiterating to have it on the list)

Also, there is a serious dearth of technical/screen wall decorations, given their profusion throughout the game. The only such decoration that has been released is the Server Monitor, and even that decoration only displays one side (the power level bars), when the flipside to the same graphic (the ships) would be hugely welcome even if it must be introduced as a separate decoration.

If I started posting pictures of the many technical displays we see in the game I'd be here for hours. Suffice to say that there is a bounty of monitors, screens, and displays that would really bring a stronghold to life, and would actually make it feel like there's working technology involved. The poor Networked Security Monitor decoration is seriously abused as a catch-all for every single wall-mounted screen need.

And although this doesn't tie into the subject line, I'd also love to suggest decorations based on existing graphics assets from the following two locations:

Makeb - This planet had tons of potted plants and trees that would be great additions to the Environmental category (such as the jacaranda-like pale violet trees, and many planter arrangements). It also had great work done with fountains and little lamp podiums (particularly those lamps; right now the Voss-Ka lamps are the only elegant addition to that category). All would be really wonderful for anyone trying to create a classy look in their strongholds. I realize several Makeb assets have already been introduced as decorations, but there are so many other great ones that could be used.

Czerka Corporate Labs - This Flashpoint (and Meltdown) has some great stuff in it for decoration components. Shelf units that have bric-a-brac on them. Octagonal rugs. Holographic trees in gold. Small round tables with bottles. Even the trash cans (which may not sound like elegant decorations, but are a great color addition to a scene, and certainly no less strange than an industrial fire pit). Also a great place to mine for technical monitor decorations.

And finally: We got the Armor Merchant Stall. Can we please get the Weapons Merchant Stall too?