The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Modding Gear For Leveling

vanparker

During this wonderful time of Double Xp, my friend and I have been leveling and using Basic Comms to get Inserts (Armoring, Hilts, Barrels, Etc...) for their adaptive gear and have noticed an odd thing.

There is no real way to properly gear up with Adaptive gear.

My friend is a Juggernaut. Of course needing Endurance and Defense as a tank. However, 33+, the Mods are much weaker for endurance than mods lower in level by quite a bit. This makes no freaking sense.

I'm currently playing an Operative (Healer) am facing not being able to buy the right mods at the right levels unless I buy the opposite of what I need (Endurance over Cunning). Either I buy Skill Mods (Cunning higher) that are all over the freaking place in levels. Or I buy Patron Mods (Endurance higher) at the same levels that I'm trying to upgrade.

Please shed some light on this. Advice or anything.

P.S Quesh, Taris, and Hoth vendors are all mix-matched on levels for use on gearing.

The Xp isn't the issue. Nor is buying the mods themselves. It's the lack there of of understanding why the mods are so different and why there are none able to be gotten with the proper stats for specific classes.

I understand the differences of main stats for Str, Will, Aim, and Cunning. What I do not understand is why as you're leveling up, the Mods do not have significant differences for the classes they are appropriately set for. It really is stupid to be Juggernaut getting more Strength than Endurance because every mod there after gives more Strength than Endurance. Unless you can specifically buy "Guardian Mods"

Or for an Operative getting mods and having to basically settle for Patron Mods than Skill Mods due to level infrequency happening all the time. Thus having the Operative have lots more Endurance than Cunning itself.

Deft Mod is a prime example that it fits more with DPS Jugg than Tank Jugg. But it's literally the only mod available starting at level 33 really relative to that class. The Endurance is (I believe) 8 points less than the level 27 Guardian Mod

while the strength is grown a lot. And of course the extra stat now included on it.

(If you're confused by the levels for the Vendors, it's because I'm on the Empire Side)

Quesh Mod Vendor has like some 33, some 35, some 37. Taris Mod Vendor has 33 and 35 mods. While Hoth vendor has 35 and 37 mods. However, each one does not include the highest level of various mods that should be obtainable by that vendor.

Ex. Patron Armoring 12 and 13 can be bought however only Skill Armoring 12 can be bought by the same vendor. So naturally I'd walk over to the other Vendor to see if it's available and it isn't. Sadly, I now must wait 4 more levels before I can even buy the next Skill Armoring which would more than likely be Skill Armoring 14 sitting with a Skill Armoring 12 the entire time (Which is 6 levels of having it). Or I can buy Patron Armoring 13 and wait the 4 levels for Patron Armoring 14, but the downfall is I lose out on the Cunning which I'm needing to effectively use my character.

That example though follows suit to other mods for other classes.

The Xp isn't the issue. Nor is buying the mods themselves. It's the lack there of of understanding why the mods are so different and why there are none able to be gotten with the proper stats for specific classes.

I understand the differences of main stats for Str, Will, Aim, and Cunning. What I do not understand is why as you're leveling up, the Mods do not have significant differences for the classes they are appropriately set for. It really is stupid to be Juggernaut getting more Strength than Endurance because every mod there after gives more Strength than Endurance. Unless you can specifically buy "Guardian Mods"

Or for an Operative getting mods and having to basically settle for Patron Mods than Skill Mods due to level infrequency happening all the time. Thus having the Operative have lots more Endurance than Cunning itself.

Deft Mod is a prime example that it fits more with DPS Jugg than Tank Jugg. But it's literally the only mod available starting at level 33 really relative to that class. The Endurance is (I believe) 8 points less than the level 27 Guardian Mod

while the strength is grown a lot. And of course the extra stat now included on it.

(If you're confused by the levels for the Vendors, it's because I'm on the Empire Side)

Quesh Mod Vendor has like some 33, some 35, some 37. Taris Mod Vendor has 33 and 35 mods. While Hoth vendor has 35 and 37 mods. However, each one does not include the highest level of various mods that should be obtainable by that vendor.

Ex. Patron Armoring 12 and 13 can be bought however only Skill Armoring 12 can be bought by the same vendor. So naturally I'd walk over to the other Vendor to see if it's available and it isn't. Sadly, I now must wait 4 more levels before I can even buy the next Skill Armoring which would more than likely be Skill Armoring 14 sitting with a Skill Armoring 12 the entire time (Which is 6 levels of having it). Or I can buy Patron Armoring 13 and wait the 4 levels for Patron Armoring 14, but the downfall is I lose out on the Cunning which I'm needing to effectively use my character.

That example though follows suit to other mods for other classes.

I totally understand where you are coming, as I have had the same issues, especially since I am relatively new to the higher level characters and yes, it is very frustrating. What I can tell you (hopefully this is actual news and I don't come off as patronising) is that parity does return once you reach the endgame stages. I think though, that the armour pieces stay consistant, it's just the mods and enhancements that go sideways. This is probably for gameplay more than anything else. Although I agree, it is kinda weird.