Slinger specs and current HM content.

Usif

Got a few questions about Slingers, I've recently hit 60 on mine and enjoying the spec, I'm also going to be raiding with it. I have been wondering what diciplines are best for what fights in the HM raids? Ravagers/Temple.

I enjoy Saboteur and parse much higher on this, that the other two paths, about 4.6k with the set bonuses currently. (Not tried many and could probably get a bit higher with a lucky parse, but this is my average.) Only problem, when I took it in Ravagers I found was, with the movement heavy mechanics of the boss, I lose a lot of DPS from Incendiary grenade not damaging the boss (Because he's moved) I'm learning the other specs too, DF and SS. I'm wondering is it worth learning DF? Or just sticking to SS, It appears to parse about the same (4.1k for me) with SS being much easier to use and easier to pay attention to raid mechanics.

Which boss fights do you use these specs and why?

Ravagers

Sparky:

Bulo:

Tourqe:

Master Blaster:

Coratani:

Temple of Sacrifice:

Malaphar:

Storm Sq.:

Underlurker:

Commanders:

Revan:

I found the guide on Dulfy for SS hard to follow to be honest and just wanted an idea on the highest priority for skills of that spec. Currently I'm trying to use Penetrating rounds on CD, followed by Aimed shots, On CD if it doesn't conflict with PR. The it's Quick Shot (Sub 30%) Followed by Trickshot, followed by Charged Burst. Also, do you want 100% uptime on vital shot? Or just when energy allows? Just a rough idea on this would be helpful.

Finally, is this the best rotation for a x3 wounding shots rotation for DF?

Quickdraw -> [Filler] – > Speed Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> [Filler] -> Hemorrhaghing Blast -> Vital Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> Shrap Bomb -> Speed Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> [Filler] -> Hem Blast -> [Filler] -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> Vital Shot -> Speed Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> [Filler] -> Hem Blast -> Shrap Bomb -> Wounding Shots

For me, I'm just not going to remember that on a dummy, never mind in a HM raid setting...

If this is the only way to remember it, is the x2 WS rotation viable in raids too? Or best just to revert to SS.

Thanks for reading, I've put a lot of questions in here, feel free to answer as many or few as you prefer, I appreciate it. Happy to clarify any questions I've made, just poke me if something I asked doesn't make sense. Thanks again.

Edited by Usif

Ravagers

Sparky: DF (sab is arguably better)

Bulo: DF (extreme need for mobility)

Tourqe: Sharpshooter (lots of target swapping, need burst damage, and quick/no build up AoE with supressive fire)

Master Blaster: DF (needs mobility)

Coratani: DF (needs mobility)

Temple of Sacrifice:

Malaphar: just anything lol its a dummy fight

Storm Sq.: DF (lots of mobility, lots of damage through multi dotting)

Underlurker: SS (exact same reasons as torque)

Commanders: SS (exact same reasons as torque and underlurker)

Revan: DF (lots of mobility)

I found the guide on Dulfy for SS hard to follow to be honest and just wanted an idea on the highest priority for skills of that spec. Currently I'm trying to use Penetrating rounds on CD, followed by Aimed shots, On CD if it doesn't conflict with PR. The it's Quick Shot (Sub 30%) Followed by Trickshot, followed by Charged Burst. Also, do you want 100% uptime on vital shot? Or just when energy allows? Just a rough idea on this would be helpful.

Dont think of SS rotation as priority based. Its a rotation.

Basic opener:

pre cast aimed shot with auto crit > vital shot > PR > TS > reset > PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > aimed shot

And the rotation is basically PR > TS > CB > CB > TS > AS > TS. And yeah, keep up vital shot as much as possible.

Finally, is this the best rotation for a x3 wounding shots rotation for DF?

Quickdraw -> [Filler] – > Speed Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> [Filler] -> Hemorrhaghing Blast -> Vital Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> Shrap Bomb -> Speed Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> [Filler] -> Hem Blast -> [Filler] -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> Vital Shot -> Speed Shot -> Wounding Shots

Quickdraw -> [Filler] -> Hem Blast -> Shrap Bomb -> Wounding Shots

For me, I'm just not going to remember that on a dummy, never mind in a HM raid setting...

If this is the only way to remember it, is the x2 WS rotation viable in raids too? Or best just to revert to SS.

]

I wouldnt worry about x3 WS rotation. I'ts slightly more damage sub 30% but kind of hard to maintain and is not very mobile compared to x2 WS. Mobility is really the biggest advantage of Dirty Fighting, especially in Hard modes.

Here is where you can view some sniper/slinger logs for various boss fights and you can see what people do for good numbers:

http://parsely.io/parser/operations/sparky/8/HM/dps/gunslinger/all/all/1/

And here is my youtube channel that has a sniper guide for every Hard mode fight. If you arent familiar with sniper terminology, it might be difficult to navigate, but there are plenty of useful tips outside of rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShawngan/videos

Good luck! I hope that helped a bit. There are some sharpshooter/sabatuer fans out there that run those specs on fights I only use DF, they probably have a thing or two to add as well.

Edited by Lord_of_Stone

Here's what I run and approximate dps values for the ones the ones i remember:

Ravagers

Sparky: Engi/Sab (5k+)

Bulo: Engi/Sab or Viru/DF (~4.4k avg with both)

Tourqe: MM/SS (4.5k)

Master Blaster: Engi/Sab or Viru/DF

Coratani: Viru/DF (Suggested)

Temple of Sacrifice:

Malaphar: Engi/Sab (~6k)

Storm Sq.: Engi/Sab or Viru/DF (~4.3k)

Underlurker: Engi/Sab (~4.5k)

Commanders: MM/SS (~4k)

Revan: Viru/DF (suggested)

Personally, my favorite spec for sniper right now is engineering. I get the most consistent numbers with it without any energy management issues, the best mobility of any sniper spec, and great AoE with Orbital, plasma probe, and sweeping gunfire. However, as you have noticed, on fights where the bosses move around a lot, engi will fall behind the other specs as a LARGE amount of damage comes from plasma probe. (I experimented once with removing plasma probe from the rotation for movement heavy phases and replacing it with snipe...resulted in a 500 dps loss...absolutely not worth it). On these fights I generally prefer Viru/DF unless there are lots of adds such as in revanite commanders and torque.

Marksman/Sharpshooter is viable for probably all fights, but I personally prefer to have the mobility the other specs allow for. As for virulence/DF, I would certainly learn it...it's in many ways the strongest spec for snipers with a lot of flexibility depending on the situation. You CAN run 2-cull rotations (even with the new set bonuses) for most fights to keep things simple and improve mobility (energy may become and issue if you're not able to dot spread...but that just takes practice)...the 3-cull lowers the spec's mobility while increasing damage potential, especially in execute range. For examples of how virulence works in these ops, check out flight's sniper guides for hm rav/ToS. As for the 3-cull rotation I would suggest something a little different especially on bosses, its generally easier to apply your dots together in a way such as:

(Filler) > Vital shot > shrap bomb > Hemorrhaghing blast > Wounding Shots

(Filler x4) > Wounding Shots

(Filler) > Speedshot > Hemorrhaghing blast > Wounding Shots

TD > Vital shot > shrap bomb > (Filler) > Wounding shots

(Filler) > Speedshot > Hemorrhaghing blast > Wounding Shots

(Filler x4) > Wounding Shots

Note here: Filler priority is (as energy allows)

1) Dirty Blast under Hemorrhaghing blast (especially <30%)

2) Quickdraw

3) Roll

4) Quick Shot (free with utility...if you take this)

4) basic attack