The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Starship hook for Dromund Kass and Coruscant!

I still imagine someone trying to land their VERY LARGE starship on that VERY SMALL platform to go something along the lines of a Wile E. Coyote shenanigan.

Just looking at the obvious lack of structural suport under the platform when viewing the DK/Coro cinematic, i imagine:

A) Your giant ship smashes the large windows trying to touch down (especially the Fury with its super pointed double nose)

B) The sheer amount of weight stacked on that unsupported ledge causing it to snap off like a kiddie pool diving board under a 400 lb ogre.

The imagery of your char popping its head out the top escape hatch holding up an umbrella and a "Help!" Sign as it plummets down is funny though... :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

I was thinking for hours over which starship I wanted, and then when I finally decided, I couldn't put it anywhere in my home in DK. It was very painful since it took me days to decorate my stronghold.

What i imagine is that the landing pad isn't exactly on the balcony itself. All they really need to do is add an extra floor when using the elevator. it would give provide the option to change floors when clicked to the hanger.

They could enlarge the current 'pad' a bit and allow, like Sindariel asked, for a shuttle. My take on this would be that you could use the shuttle to 'travel' to Fleet, and the personal starship.

Edit. Ohh, and I think I came up with a good excuse for where to put the starship pad. On the roof, if there's any space left.

Edited by SplashNOR
More stuff

It may not be what you want it to be but they've said from the very beginning that the Coruscant and DK strongholds are meant to be starter strongholds.

That's why it doesn't cost very much to have them.

They're entry-level homes for first time buyers.

If you want someplace with a yard big enough to park your private jet, you're gonna need a mansion.