Centerpiece/Starship hook layout design

So I've been decorating some time now, and now the pvp-decorations are coming up (which are awesome) I thought I'd make a PvP battle arena instead on the starship platform of my Nar Shaddaa stronghold. Problem is, I can't place the smaller decorations where I want them, due to the fact that all the layouts available here are either centerpiece only, starship or centerpieces with medium ones at the corners. This makes the place feel a lot less customizable, because you're tied to the layouts available and can't change the layouts of the hooks of the other layouts (in this case, other than starship) individually.

My point is, I think for optimal customization with the larger hook system there should be an option to change the layout of starship hooks to individual smaller hooks. To what extend this is possible, only Bioware knows, but for visualization, I mean you could even have all small hooks only there (dancer party!!) instead of the Starship hook.

This hook customization principle has been mentioned before, like here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=762052, here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=760839. This one too: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=759266. And this is found by typing in swtor hook layout in Google alone.

I reckon this could be fixed when they are gonna focus on strongholds again (like while working aside the new stronghold. This could give the devs themselves more stronghold layout idea flexibility too).

• 2 weeks later...

It's a pain to get to that platform anyway

Might I suggest using the garage on tat instead

You may have the same issue with the starship/centerpiece option in the middle of the room but at least you will have the entire outer edge of the room for smaller hooks

Drop the arena deco in the middle on the starship hook and use the outer ring for your pvp decoration needs. This is how our guild laid it out for duel contests

I generally like this idea - converting the second starship pad to multiple hooks (not the one in the garage). But have you considered using one of those large, covered circular areas instead? There's one near the landing pad, and also one on the other side of the "pits".

I generally like this idea - converting the second starship pad to multiple hooks (not the one in the garage). But have you considered using one of those large, covered circular areas instead? There's one near the landing pad, and also one on the other side of the "pits".

the one in the garage would be the only one you can put things around

if you put the arena on the starship hook outside, you will have no additional hooks for the new pvp decorations anywhere near it

in the garage you can put the arena in the middle and still have hooks around it for other deco

First off, thank you guys so much for responding! I really appreciate it :D

These are good suggestions indeed and I am planning on getting the Tatooine stronghold in the summer, so I don't have it yet (because of lack of time, which explains my late response as well). But I was thinking in terms of the Sky Palace. However, since the cost to unlock that chamber is obviously a lot less worth than the tat. sh comparing what you get for the cost of the tat sh and I can see almost all of the tat sh from the balcony :cool: so I will look into this when I have the time ;)

But have you considered using one of those large, covered circular areas instead? There's one near the landing pad, and also one on the other side of the "pits".

Yes, I have been considering that and decided to turn my antechamber into the combat area I wanted since the hooks fit perfectly there as I had them in mind (didn't notice this before), but I think having a combat area in my future tat sh is very cool too.

This will btw not be in the hangar, that's gonna be for my ship, too awesome hangar-like :D, don't want to lose that effect ;)

Edited by SlashhandPlash