Guild Finder feature?

Sternedanke

Something I have noticed is that when it comes to guilds a guild recruiter has to be online to recruit a player into a guild. I know players complain about SWTOR being too much like WoW, but something I noticed from WoW I think would be a great addition to how SWTOR is played when it pertains to guilds is the Guild Finder.

What this means is that when a player activates the Guild Finder, a pop up shows that lists every guild in that server. With this Guild Finder, a guild recruiter could use the Guild Description to describe the guild for a potential player. So say for example: say player A wanted to join Jawa Extermination Squad. They would use the search bar on the pop up, type in Jawa Extermination Squad, and any guilds with those names in it would pop up but the rest would disappear. Player A would then find the guild and click on the "Request to join". Now even though a recruiter from the Jawa Extermination Squad may not be on at the time, the guild would still get the join request and the GuildMaster or recruiter could either approve or disapprove of it.

This would save time for players who really want to join one particular guild and would also save time for the recruiters as they would not have to be online for the average player to say they want to join. They could get the join request when they log back on and accept it or disapprove it.

just something I figured I'd suggest...now what is everyone else's ideas on this matter?

My view is that I'm unlikely to really want to join a guild which would blindly accept a cold-call "can I join your guild?" request. After all, they know nothing about the applicant, apart from class / level and such, and the guild and applicant can't discuss things like what the applicant wants and can provide, nor what the guild wants and can provide.

So I don't think it's really worth the effort to add such a thing, given the other things they could work on adding, fixing, and so on.

My view is that I'm unlikely to really want to join a guild which would blindly accept a cold-call "can I join your guild?" request.

and what you do now then?

you pm also the guy that is shouting on the general chat from the planet that is looking for new members for there guild its the same we do now.

only this is good for guilds that accept all type off players and levels.

and not good for guilds that are looking for a type off level then you can better shout.

i like this suggestion.

As a recruiter I also approve of this suggestion.

It would make it much easier for us to reach our particular target group (swedes) if players would be able to search for swedish guilds. Now we too dont accept just any players that want to join, but this feature could make it easier for both players and recruiters to get in touch. We are quite small still and dont have that many recruiters online at a given time to recruit effectively.

IF such a feature were added I'd like to see certain keywords which I myself could connect to our guild. Keywords like "nationality", "in need of role..", "age policy" and some that describes what the guilds goals are, like "operations", "conquest", "socializing".

Edited by pehwraah

and what you do now then?

you pm also the guy that is shouting on the general chat from the planet that is looking for new members for there guild its the same we do now.

only this is good for guilds that accept all type off players and levels.

and not good for guilds that are looking for a type off level then you can better shout.

i like this suggestion.

Yes, as I said, I discuss the question with the recruiter - he finds out if I look like a good candidate member, I find out what sort of guild it is, (mostly PvP, mostly PvE, endgame raider, adventuring club, etc.). And that's better than hoping they can write a good intro text etc.

It's not a *bad* idea, but I think there are better things they could work on.

ppl may think this is a meh idea but its actually an awesome tool in wow

its how I met my permanent guild over there and I still keep in touch with them

FFXIV: A Realm Reborn have this feature and it is awesome! You can just right-click on a player and go to his guild's information board where you can see things like how many members it has, what language they speak, a free text box, and various other useful info. You can also send an application to join.

Guild-supportive features is and has always been non-existant in swtor. The guild feature is basically just a shared chat and the guild name under your character name. From the first day i played this i have longed for more guild support. And for over more than 2 years i have not seen any improvements.

Edited by pehwraah

Guild-supportive features is and has always been non-existant in swtor. The guild feature is basically just a shared chat and the guild name under your character name. From the first day i played this i have longed for more guild support. And for over more than 2 years i have not seen any improvements.

I have noticed this too. The way our guild system works now is that a GM can set a MoTD, a Guild Description, set ranks, modify Guild Banks etc, but those are just the basic features. Why not add guild features over time, make the guild more than just a "shared chat and the guild name under your character name," help the other players find the guilds they want. Add a Guild Finder feature and that would be a huge step up in the right direction of assisting guildmasters and recruiters find more prospective members who may not even know we exist. I know I cant be on 24/7 spamming my guild recruitment message, and this would help a lot.

I know I cant be on 24/7 spamming my guild recruitment message, and this would help a lot.

Hmm. It really isn't necessary to be on 24/7 recruiting. It seems likely that your guild should be recruiting players who play at the same sort of time of day as the current membership. Yes, *someone* with recruiting rights needs to be on in order to actually put out the message and discuss the issue with potential recruits, but it doesn't need to be the guild leader, nor all-day every day.

Also, consider this: do you really want to recruit someone who (assuming your guild is 99% evening players, say 8pm-11pm) is only on between 9am and noon? So, no, if you're not looking for this, you don't need this sort of feature. If your guild has two main groups (divided by playing time) of players, you'll need one or more recruiters in each group, of course, and in this case, the Guild Finder may become more useful (but people who apply and don't specify their preferred playing time should probably be rejected)...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.