Tanks doing a lot of DPS for tanks...?

InfraredGamer

In full dps gear (non min-maxed 168's with a few DR pieces on the left) I've hit for over 12k with crushing blow, my friend Ogi laned a 13.9k CB in fully min-maxed DR.

You're fairly squishy in that setup (for a tank) but in reg warzones and highly coordinated 4's teams dps tanks are a bit insane.

Now, what really blows my mind is the amount of damage that a fully tank geared pt/vg can put out, while it's not nearly as bursty it's definitely over the top for a mitigation geared(not counting augs) tank (and that extra pressure damage is not fluff in a 4's game).

Tanks in dps gear have been a "feature" of this game since release. What has changed in 3.0 is the ability of a true tank (in full tank gear) being able to do reasonable dps in arena setups. On my tank (again, full tank gear including tank oriented augs), I can do about 90% of the dps of a true dps in an arena - and there have certainly been instances when I have been top dps scorer. But, there is a downside. To really get full dps output from the tank, you need to avoid guard swapping too often, since that eats up GCDs quickly. So the cases where you score high dps are the cases where the other team isn't pressuring your squad, i.e. you are going to win anyway. In arena matches vs. competent enemy teams, my dps drops like a rock as I am constantly guard swapping.