Cantina Tour in Anaheim, CA

Pujaradactyl

Just wanted to make sure you are all aware that there is a cantina tour in Anaheim, CA on April 18th. Is anyone from the GSF community going to try to make it? If so, I think we can use this thread to compile a list of questions we would like answered. Realistically, only a few questions are going to be asked, so maybe make a top three questions list that we want to prioritize? I think this is a great opportunity to get the attention of the developers.

I will be there. However, the format will be different than past events. They are doing a panel. I don't know what opportunities there will be for answering questions, either publicly or privately, but I will do my best.

At best, I think I will be able to ask one question, so consider carefully. Should it be about new content, balance changes, better tutorial experiences, etc.

My current thinking is that I'd say something like this:

The Galactic Starfighter community has a set of modest suggestions and requests to make the game more accessible and fun for new players, but we feel like no one from BioWare is paying attention to our forum anymore. Can we get one of the community representatives to engage with us, and hopefully get some small amount of dev resources committed to Galactic Starfighter this year?

Edited by Nemarus

Nemarus, thanks for attending this Cantina Tour. It sounds like you are looking for some sort of suggestion that you can make as a consensus statement, which is a sound strategy.

I think any opportunity should be used to communicate an easy change with the main point being how little resources it will take.

In my opinion, the best long term strategy for improving the game is to push for the tutorial/training suggestions in Verain's thread. If there is an influx of players at the release of the movie in December, they likely will not know what they want out of SWTOR. We have a chance at filling the queues which will eventually lead to more developer attention. There is a December deadline on this.

Balance suggestions too often involve the three-way, never-ending nerf debate. That will chase developers away. Simple number buffs to all the weak component would be uncontroversial, very easy to implement, and would liven up the meta for the next six months. However, I think we should aim a little higher. GSF will be missing an opportunity if we do not try to fill the queues next winter with better training.

Edit: Nemarus, I think you may have edited your response while I was working on this. I like the question the way you have it.

Edited by Ardaneb

At best, I think I will be able to ask one question, so consider carefully. Should it be about new content, balance changes, better tutorial experiences, etc.

As much as I would like to see more content, I feel it's more important for GSF to have a friendlier environment, so some kind of balance pass that might alleviate problems such as bomber/gunship walls on every match (which is something that not only kills the fun of actually dogfighting, it makes for an impossible situation for new pilots to confront). A more active player base makes for a better GSF environment, more than a new ship.

A more robust tutorial would be the best, especially if there's a chance at a surge of new players trying out the game.

(It's seriously unhelpful, the only thing it helped me with was practice in not running into objects. Don't get me wrong, that improved my game about 20% >.< but I had to come here to learn how to shoot a missile ffs, and figure out why I never hit anything when pew pew for my first 20 games or so)