The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it time to refresh the Subscriber/F2P model?

GrimRita

16 week new content cycle (and counting) so think again. /thread

Boy your arguments just bounce all over the place and STILL you do not admit when you get facts out right wrong.\

Just curious... when you avoid when you are outright wrong on facts... and bounce around like a jumping bean on the subjective stuff... how do you pretend to have anything resembling credibility...

Just asking

Edited by Ghisallo

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But other then poor expansion not delivering what it promised and was priced at

I think it's safe to say that there is a valid complaint there.

Mostly (with very few exceptions) I use my monthly cartel coins for being a sub to buy the items I require from the cartel shop or equipment unlocks.

But I have patience and don't need everything now this very instance.

I bet the person you replied to Trav is whining about being nickled and dimed because they have no patience and tried to unlock everything at once and was forced to buy extra cartel coins to do it.

Just more of the instant gratification, gimme gimme gimme crowd acting out

I don't even spend my free CC unless something goes on a deep discount. There is nothing in the CM that I need to have in order to play the game as a subscription player. There are a few things I most certainly want, but like I said, I won't buy them until they get those price cuts I am looking for.

So yes indeed, it the the entitled instant grat crowd that constantly complains because nothing will ever make them truly happy.

Just saying you hate being proved wrong, like all fan bois. I understand that you are probably paid or just want to kiss Biowares backside. Its ok. Now go and chomp on your Bioware shaped Easter egg.

Just saying

See here is where understanding how to critically reason kicks in. Please show me where on an objective topic I have been proven wrong and I did not say "oops I may have been wrong.." or simply "I am wrong.". Answer... you will not find one. Just saying "you are wrong" in response to a conclusion based on verifiable facts is NOT PROVING that someone is wrong. All it proves is that the person saying "you're wrong" can't support the statement because to PROVE something is wrong you have to present your own verifiable facts that disprove the conclusion you have a problem with.

Please note I said objective and not subjective. Objective is something based on verifiable facts with no prejudice. Subjective is, in essence an opinion based on your personal preference. When knowingly debating subjective points no one is right or wrong.

Now please note how I said "knowingly.". Ultimately my biggest issue with the negative comments in this thread, about SWTOR's model, is that people are basically saying " my SUBJECTIVE OPINION is right and you are wrong." Ergo they are unknowingly engaging in a subject debate (or at least I hope this is the case, the only other conclusion is that they are so arrogant and immature as to believe their subjective opinion actually does = and objective fact.

If you read my posts I do NOT say that SWTOR has the absolute best model out there. I do say a couple others, imo, are worse (Rift looking at you) but THIS is my subjective opinion. My main point is that all sub/f2p hybrids (especially those that evolved from a 100% sub based model) try to get ya... the only difference between them and whether we like the model or not is whether they try to get ya in a spot that is important to you. This not even being vaguely fanboish because I am saying they are indeed trying to get ya.

So I am being again objective, giving factual breakdowns to prove my point and those treating their subjective opinion give responses that amount to nothing more than simply "you are wrong" or "well I don't think that feature in the other game is a big deal". What makes it simultaneously hilarious and depressing is that in the case of the later the people don't even realize they proved my point.

Edited by Ghisallo