The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Armors worn by NPCs unavailabe to Players or removed Skins

Phearz

Hey there,

there are several armors that are worn by some NPCs but have been either unavailable from the very beginning to us or have been removed during the last years.

before i started swtor i was really hyped about the concept art of the armors like this for example:

LINK

(it seems like you have to refresh the links in your browser in order to see the actual picture. idk why it doesnt work properly - maybe its only me and my browser.)

its a mix of the old centurion pvp armor which has been removed with 1.2 and additionally some parts which have never been available like the lower part of the armor. its still in game though and you can find the armor on some of the dreadguard-sentinels in the section X daily area. its a reeeeally great armor design with that little purple shiny effects and especially the typo parts on it are awesome. those NPCs are also having that armor without any shoulder-parts which looks very nice too. unfortunately, they have never been available for the players.

another example is the armor worn by Dark Skotia in the Inquisitor Story Line which is the same Armor we have seen in the Sith Warrior Progression Trailer at the end. Its a great looking Armor and is pretty similar to the old rakata sith warrior armor which also has been removed in 2.0 but was never available without those shoulder-parts.

there is also a hood-up version of this armor you can see on the dark-side vendor in the imperial fleet. its such an epic skin but unfortunately there is no way to obtain it.

LINK

there is also the old centurion pvp armor for jedi consulars which was also a very unique and well-designed outfit, see it here:

LINK

this robe does also have these shiny typo-parts on it which makes it so beautiful and its also a very well designed robe for jedi consulars. this one can also be seen on the jedi endboss at the kuat drive yard.

i do know we have similar versions of each of those skins in the game with the old battlemaster shells, the enhanced assailant adaptive armor and the adaptive korriban/tython-flashpoint-robe which is fine but its so sad to see these great skins either only worn by NPCs and thus being in the game but unaivalable for us or being completely removed without any hope to see them ever come back again.

is there any chance we will get some of the unavailable armors? i do have some hope since the cartel marked brought many skins a large playerbase was hoping for but there is still no communication about the removed old centurion/champion/battlemaster pvp and tionese/columni/rakata pve armor and its already been like 3 years now.

you guys put so much love into the details of those skins and it feels so wasted to see those things only on NPCs or being competely removed without any good reason.

bioware, will we ever get a response on this?

thank you very much!

Edited by Phearz

There is also the armor of Darth Skotia (no shoulders) and Darth Tormen (hood up), and the Juggernaut Rakata Headpiece, all of which would look great on my Sith Marauder.

I can't find any pictures, but I'd also love to see Major Travik's armor from Assault on Tython on the Republic Side. It's basically the Trooper Firebrand set with a small change in the helmet, and a cybernetic arm and leg.

Edited by Blowwtorch

I've always wondered why, they removed half the armor sets, i was a pre release and beta player, i frequently come back to this game to see the changes (if any).

And the one thing im most disappointed in and im sure many people are also is the fact all the decent old original raid armor like the Tionese etc are completely unobtainable now, and we are frequently given reskins of the same armors now that are very poor in design.

Why did they remove them and will they come back? There such a lack of customization in this game now im surprised its still going. I also wouldnt be suprised if it drops dead in a year or so because the lack of customization now is extremely poor, compared to what it could of been or was at the begining.

i dont get it too. its so unsatisfying to see these skins actually exist on NPCs but have never been obtainable for us.

i do understand its not always possible for the devs to follow requests about armors which have yet to be designed from scratch.

but these skins already exist in so many cool looking ways (hood up, hood down, no shoulders, with shoulders, with glowing shiny effects, without shiny effects and so on) but they are being kept for NPCs only.

this mask on darth kallous is so frikkin awesome and doesnt miss any epic detail: PICTURE

it has also always been so sad they keep removing skins and armors from the game. i dont get it. it somehow even feels like this game is not doing any progress regarding armor-skins but you need to be sure to obtain every single piece of armor you can find because you never know how long it will be possible to obtain.

sure, the cartel market skins are cool and i really like the fact we got so many new skins the past several years but there are so many players who may be fallen in love with only one certain armorthey wish to have but they got removed for more cyborg-alien predator skins lol :o

every other MMO i played during the last years didnt have this problem. you have always been able to purchase or get your favorite skin which fits your character best no matter how old these skins might have been and thats one HUGE part of an MMORPG imho. finding your favorite skins and individualizing your characters.

SWTOR always felt like doing its progress backwards in terms of skins. we have all these "class progression trailers" which are supposed to introduce the game we are eventually going to play and after reaching lvl 50 we realized they either removed half of those skins we fell in love with or even worse they actually exist but are supposed to be worn by NPCs only.

the designers put so much love and effort into these skins. PLS BIOWARE bring back those removed skins and those that are already in the game but not available for us yet. you dont have to redesign anything - just make it availble guys.

thanks

Edited by Phearz

• 2 weeks later...

/bump this thread

@bioware so many players keep asking for the removed armors/skins to be obtainable again since they have been removed about 3 years ago. there has been so many threads concerning this topic and we never got any reponse on any of those threads.

why do you keep them away from us? why did they have been removed in first place anyway? bring those beautiful skins back to the game please. there are so many players who are willing to pay for them. everyone is fine with the idea they come back through the cartel market .

they have already been designed and can still be found on certain NPCs. just make them obtainable for the players again please.