The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bane Series, Get It or Not?

Jormunrek

Title says it all.

Liked Thrawn Trilogy. Like the SWTOR books (Decieved qualifies as really liked).

Really liked Plagueis (first half more than second though). R.A. Salvatore and Jim Butcher fan.

Not sure if that's enough to info to hazard a guess if I will like the series or not but looking for input. =)

Would like to see more books read like the Plagueis book did (again first half more than second). Although I'd really like to see more Old Republic era books.

Thought about picking up the Jeedai (sp?) book but the description just didn't grab me.

Jorm

Bane books are awesome in my opinion, and if you like plaguis you'll probably like the Bane books as well.

The Dawn of the Jedi book is an interesting read, but has a hard time "connecting" to the rest of the star wars universe since it takes place many thousands of years before anything else.

The Darth Bane series of books were excellent in my opinion. Reading book one it felt like I was on Koriban with Bane (in swtor leveling up a Sith toon) while he was searching the tombs in the Dark Valley of the Sith. The Deceived novel was awesome! I couldn't put that book down. Seeing the deceived cinematic trailer and reading the book I felt I was with Darth Malgus attacking the Jedi Temple. Darth Plagueis was another excellent book! I have always been a fan of Episode 1 but after reading this book you really understand how much patience both Sith Lords had.