Raiding Merc Question (Healing)

southfrance

Need an opinion.... I am about to join one of my guilds raid teams on my BG Merc. The team is progression oriented, but not hardcore - just working at their own pace without stressing too much about the speed of their progress. The other healer is also a Merc. Are there any major disadvantages (or advantages) of running a merc/merc team to be aware of?

Thanks

For Ravagers or Temple of Sacrifice on Hard Mode, Mercenary is the most desirable healing class. It has no meaningful weakness.

• Handling high damage to a single ally: Strongest. Sorcerer is close behind. Operative is behind.
  • Handling high damage to multiple allies: Strong. Operative is close. Sorcerer is behind.
  • Resource management: Fine. Both Mercenary and Operative must manage resources, and resources limit their healing. A Sorcerer’s resource management is trivial and doesn’t limit healing.
  • Synergy with co-healer’s class: Strongest. The most desirable pairings are, in no particular order, Mercenary-Sorcerer, Mercenary-Operative, and Mercenary-Mercenary.
  • Mobility: Fine. Mercenary is close. A Sage’s mobility is incredible.
  • Handling mechanics: Strongest. Hydraulic Overrides outshines every personal utility available to Sorcerer or Operative.
  • Passive damage reduction: Strong. Operative is close. Sorcerer is behind, having the lowest Armor and lacking a Utility that increases damage reduction for all area effects by 30%.
  • Dealing damage in the healing Discipline: Fine. Sorcerer is ahead. Operative is behind.

There are 2 notable disadvantage to bring 2 merc though:

• Kolto Shell doesn't stack
  • You miss out on the Internal/Elemental buff.

if you refresh it before the last charge expires, you refresh the shell of your co-healer, keeping his healing bonus on the HoT

I know, but that's not what stacking means. You can't have 2 Kolto Shell (or Static Barrier) on someone like you can have 2 Kolto Probe from different sources.

Edited by cs_zoltan