Q: Visiting Pilots and Switching Servers

JediMinerBob

I have a really basic question: I have seen references to "visiting pilots" in some threads. Is this some mechanism whereby players on one server, say Shadowlands, can do GSF missions on another server, say Ebon Hawk? Or is this to mean that a player normally games on server A, but to visit another server they build a character on server B so they can participate in GSF missions there?

If you can have a character from one server do GSF missions on another server, how do you do it? I have a number of characters on Shadowlands, but want to try GSF missions on Ebon Hawk, as it seems like that may be where the spacers hang out. Just need to know if I have to start a character there. Did not want to lose all of my legacy if possible.

Thanks in advance.

I start fresh every time I go to a new server, often on both sides. I just start GSF matches at lvl1, as soon as I get in the door. You can't get the daily or weekly missions until you hit lvl10, so I play through the starter planet's class story, and the GSF matches make up the difference for the XP that would have come from non-class quests.

It's a little slow going at first, but since I'm a subscriber, I start with the T1 gunship, and usually play that exclusively at first until I can afford a T2 scout, then alternate building them up until they're mastered.

So far, I have characters on Begeren Colony, Harbinger, Ebon Hawk, Shadowlands, Bastion, Jedi Covenant, Red Eclipse, and most recently, POT5. There are lots of good pilots around all over the place, though the most active servers seem to be Harbinger, Ebon Hawk, and BC from my point of view.

- Despon