The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Final: Republic Resistance vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

Beni said the RR is in much better shape than the IDD is, infact he described the Vengeance as 'castrated'. Repairing an immense super star destroyer would take days at the very least and possibly a week or more considering it's description in the scenario, not to mention that it has to limp back to Sullust in the first place. Then take into account the amount of other heavily damaged ships they have to repair as well.

Meanwhile Venators and Acclamators with their respective 1.0 and 0.6 hyperdrives will arrive at Kuat in less than a day, if the RR is in far better shape than the IDD's heavily damaged status then presumably they have been dealt slight/moderate damage. This coincides with the scenario, these ships are the ones that did not take the brunt of enemy fire, those that did were destroyed. The RR at the orbital array can be repaired and resupplied in a day or maybe two, then all they have to do is follow a main trade route to Sullust's region and given their hyperdrive ratings that will take at most two days.

This not only cripples the rest of Trench's fleet but also takes Sullust completely out of the picture, crippling any IDD resupply. Nek knows he has the best chance of taking this right now, he will sieze it.

Concerning RI, as I have said before, Palpatine through Armand Isard controlled what intelligence was and was not allowed to slip out of enemy hands. RI over night became II and immediately began hunting Jedi with great success across the galaxy, this is far before the reforms for II actually took place. Palpatine isn't here to micro-manage what gets found out, instead Armand Isard has full control over RI and will relish it.

The RR does not need to infiltrate, only gain intelligence and information, with the entirety of their organization at disposal this would completely overwhelm the comparatively tiny organisation known as the Inquisitorious. The Inquisitorious does not have the capabilities to outhack or out-intel such a massive organization, if they attack one outpost, that outpost transmits information to HQ and Isard starts the hunt for them, considering how small a portion of galaxy we are working with here this would be academic.

The sheer amount of reinforcements and vehicles would come into play here, they can be attacked directly on Coruscant by a small army, this would doom them with certainty, dozens of Inquisitors, assuming they are all even there would not be a match for hundreds of troops and heavy vehicle support.

Speaking of Coruscant, the local police force can be put on alert for any signs of lightsaber wielders/imperials and given the RI's control here it would only be a matter of time before their massive hunt would find out the Inquisitorious base on Coruscant. As soon as that base is invaded and and taken over, RI takes all information from that HQ and uses it to great effect on the follow-up hunt for inquisitors and of course an attack on Prakith.

Prakith is another story though, but I will save that plan for later.

Edited by LadyKulvax

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerning the ground battle, the RR is absolutely designed for this kind of attrition siege warfare, resupplied and reinforced daily combined with already having a massive numerical advantage is a big immediate advantage.

A huge ranged advantage due to the P1's melee armament should all but paralyze the IDD's main ground force, swinging the numbers even more drastically out of proportion.

PHIIs will be more difficult but Clone heavy weapons fire which the Third Systems Army have in abundance is going to be enough.

PHIIIs is where the Jedi and the RR's own vehicles come into play, a mix of TK and heavy ordnance should definitely do the job here.

Whilst on paper the IDD has a nice set of vehicle support I would ask how effective they would be in the cities of Corelliain they attempt to attack, whereas the tank droid and UT-AT are in prime position to bring their heavy fire down on enemy buildings and fortifications.

Worse still I'm not sure how well the IDD would do defending their HQ from a surprise aerial assault, all it takes is Windu getting to Jerec and it is game over.

Beni said the RR is in much better shape yhan the IDD is, infact he described the Vengeance as 'castrated'. Repairing an immense super star destroyer would take days at the very least and possibly a week or more considering it's description in the scenario, not to mention that it has to limp back to Sullust in the first place. Then take into account the amount of other heavily damaged ships they have to repair as well.

Meanwhile Venators and Acclamators with their respective 1.0 and 0.6 hyperdrives will arrive at Kuat in less than a day, if the RR is in far better shape than the IDD's heavily damaged status then presumably they have been dealt slight/moderate damage. This coincides with the scenario, these ships are the ones that did not take the brunt of enemy fire, those that did were destroyed. The RR at the orbital array can be repaired and resupplied in a day or maybe two, then all they have to do is follow a main trade route to Sullust's region and given their hyperdrive ratings that will take at most two days.

This not only cripples the rest of Trench's fleet but also takes Sullust completely out of the picture, crippling any IDD resupply. Nek knows he has the best chance of taking this right now, he will sieze it.

Concerning RI, as I have said before, Palpatine through Armand Isard controlled what intelligence was and was not allowed to slip out of enemy hands. RI over night became II and immediately began hunting Jedi with great success across the galaxy, this is far before the reforms for II actually took place. Palpatine isn't here to micro-manage what gets found out, instead Armand Isard has full control over RI and will relish it.

The RR does not need to infiltrate, only gain intelligence and information, with the entirety of their organization at disposal this would completely overwhelm the comparatively tiny organisation known as the Inquisitorious. The Inquisitorious does not have the capabilities to outhack or out-intel such a massive organization, if they attack one outpost, that outpost transmits information to HQ and Isard starts the hunt for them, considering how small a portion of galaxy we are working with here this would be academic.

The sheer amount of reinforcements and vehicles would come into play here, they can be attacked directly on Coruscant by a small army, this would doom them with certainty, dozens of Inquisitors, assuming they are all even there would not be a match for hundreds of troops and heavy vehicle support.

Speaking of Coruscant, the local police force can be put on alert for any signs of lightsaber wielders/imperials and given the RI's control here it would only be a matter of time before their massive hunt would find out the Inquisitorious base on Coruscant.

Prakith is another story, but I will save that plan for later.

Venators are damaged as well, while not as damaged some of them likely have damage to their hyperdrives and their backup is a measly 15... so I'd say you're not much better off than Sil is in the speed department.

Let's also note that there is not a direct route to Kuat through the core, meanwhile Sullust is on (as you pointed out) a Trade Route. Meaning the IDD can get home (despite being further away) relatively quickly while the RR has to navigate its way to Kuat.

Not to mention, the RR fleet is not in a position to chase down the IDD fleet and wipe it out without repairs. As has been mentioned, the IDD can effect repairs quite quickly themselves with Sullust's trade route access and when the two sides finally go toe-to-toe, the IDD fleet is superior.

Also, stop making the II and RI comparisons. You don't have II even if the people are the same. You only get the credit/resources/etc... of RI which didn't exist in the New Order world. The change of name means a change of organization and all that was accomplished by II has no bearing on the skill of the RI.

Also, what the hell? How do you have an army with heavy infantry support on Coruscant? You only get a handful of agents remember? As far as the Coruscant Security, why wouldn't they work for the Inquisitorius since the Inquisitorius is far more... frightening? Also, wouldn't Isard's well-documented wariness towards the Jedi and obviously the fact he eventually joined the Empire suggest that a meeting with the Inquisitorius would potentially lead to his joining the IDD against the RR...

Again I refer to Beni stating that the RR is in far better shape than the IDD is, if it's hyperdrives were crippled that would mean they too were heavily damaged.

Luckily after more research Kuat would not even be needed in these repairs however as the Kiris shipyards on the edge of the Corellian system would fulfill the requirements to repair these ships with certainty. Meanwhile KDY supplies ship upgrades and starfighter replenishments. With those repairs done in system the RR can attack within a day or maybe two.

The II had precisely the same capabilities as the RI, you can't downplay my organisation on a technicality, the New Order reforms took place over months and even years, not over night.

Armand Isard was loyal to Palpatine and the New Order movement. He did not trust Vader, Tarkin and certainly not Jerec and the Inquisitorious, he was always suspicious of Vader and the Inquisitors. If this were Palpatine and the Empire it would be a different but this is Jerec and the Inquisitorious... working with CIS forces, this is Republic era Isard and ghat will set off red flags everywhere.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Again I refer to Beni stating that the RR is in far better shape than the IDD is, if it's hyperdrives were crippled that would mean they too were heavily damaged.

Luckily after more research Kuat would not even be needed in these repairs however as the Kiris shipyards on the edge of the Corellian system would fulfill the requirements to repair these ships with certainty. Meanwhile KDY supplies ship upgrades and starfighter replenishments. With those repairs done in system the RR can attack within a day or maybe two.

The Kiris Shipyards were secret and no one here knows about them... Even Nek didn't know about them initially. Even then, are we really permitting them? I mean Corellia has shipyards of its own not counting Kiris, yet I don't see those being brought up. Plus this has never happened in any Kaggath prior, though I believe there has never been a Kaggath on a planet with a shipyard before.

I think Beni needs to clarify if you're permitted to repair at Corellia at all. It hasn't been done in any prior Kaggath and I don't see why Corellia would just give you access to the shipyards... Since it is a warzone I'd say it'd be safe to assume the Kiris shipyard was never built and the normal Corellian Shipyards are in shambles due to the war going on over control of it.

Edit: Yes Nek did discover them, but I hold to the idea that even if they existed they'd be unusable.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Concerning the ground battle, the RR is absolutely designed for this kind of attrition siege warfare, resupplied and reinforced daily combined with already having a massive numerical advantage is a big immediate advantage.

A huge ranged advantage due to the P1's melee armament should all but paralyze the IDD's main ground force, swinging the numbers even more drastically out of proportion.

PHIIs will be more difficult but Clone heavy weapons fire which the Third Systems Army have in abundance is going to be enough.

PHIIIs is where the Jedi and the RR's own vehicles come into play, a mix of TK and heavy ordnance should definitely do the job here.

Whilst on paper the IDD has a nice set of vehicle support I would ask how effective they would be in the cities of Corelliain they attempt to attack, whereas the tank droid and UT-AT are in prime position to bring their heavy fire down on enemy buildings and fortifications.

Worse still I'm not sure how well the IDD would do defending their HQ from a surprise aerial assault, all it takes is Windu getting to Jerec and it is game over.

Just took a look around the Corprration Islands and I must say, it is a much better base than I previously thought. Something of note is that the IDD HQ is an entire section of the city, whereas the RR HQ is a singular building. While the singular building is admittedly much better fortified, the Corporation Islands have multiple defensible positions as well as kill zones.

While it wouldn't happen until at least a week into the battle, which I will cover later, there are an unreal amount of sniper positions that can be made use of, as well as use of Dark Trooper jet packs able to prevent much destruction in this battle field. They can strike, take a beating, and escape where they can not be followed.

Now, what I had intended to go into, is that the Corporation Islands have enough room for multiple tanks abreast, and no inherent advantages visible for your own vehicles. AT-UAT has long range, Spider droids have long range, and Enforcers can be fitted with mortars.

As for the numbers advantage, I would not be so confident of it carrying the RR to victory. A single PII could quite easily defeat 5-20 clones by itself, but they would be acting in groups which acts as a multiplier as well as limiting focus fire. A squad of 5 PII's could feasibly take out 50-200 clones all by themselves, and yes I know this sounds insane, but there is reasoning behind it.

- Standard blasters (siege unit or not, it is the most common weapon) are useless against PII and PIII

- Not all of the special units are useful, in fact, some are a down side (flame troopers, chain guns, and such)

- Only special troopers that would have a bonus against Dark Troopers would be EMP or extreme explosive

- Clones constantly underestimated clankers, new droids often slaughtered battalions

- Dark Trooper dwarves any droid they have encountered thus far in lethality and durability

- Damaged Dark Troopers could effortlessly escape due to jetpack and terrain (buildings, elevation, trams, ect)

- If Dark Troopers return to base, could be repaired

That said, does anyone have the ratio of standard to special units of Third Systems Army?

Now, for the aerial assault, quite simply it would be suicidal and hand the IDD the advantage in multiple ways.

- Scattered throughout Incorporation Islands are AA guns and other emplaced defenses

- Depending on where the IDD holds up, they could have shield generator's

- Dark Trooper's ranged weaponry can all fire missiles, which can take down air craft attempting to drop troops

On the matter of the PI's

- As we have seen with Commando Droid's, Clones are terrible at close range

- Many shots missed when combatting Commando Droids with swords

- PI's have shields, and their chasis are constructed of phrik

- Would take multiple shots to take down even a single PI

- Even if cables are blasted, it does not disable the entire droid and their frame houses the main electronics

- PI likely to use the urban landscape to launch ambushes or to use tunnels to circle around

- Clones are not used to small droids taking more than a shot or two, let alone them having shields immune to blasters

Back to vehicles

- Firing arcs do not allow AT-UT to get good angles on targets

- Impossible to get onto roof of buildings in Corporation Islands without being spotted

- If beyond Corporation Islands, would have to fire through multiple buildings... it is a city after all...

- Even so, Spider droids can use laser to cut through buildings if need be

- Enforcer has extremely strong frontal armor, and can not be flanked in this environment

- Enforcers love fighting infantry... It gets their treads all excited :D

Jedi vs Dark Troopers

- TK is utterly useless... For PII and PIII they can counter using jets

- TK does no damage to phrik

- Jedi would have to close

- Phrik armor would take multiple strikes to the same region to even weaken it

- DT can retain range indenfitably vs a Jedi

- Would take multiple high ordinance rounds to damage a single DT (since you suggested combining them)

- Unlikely that any DT will be alone, meaning if one is being TK'd, another can focus the Jedi or take out the heavy weapons

Beni's rules permit any space stations, shipyards or other satellites, the numerous shipyards around Corellia would all be useful in this regard. Other instances of this in other Kaggaths are Keyholder station and the Emperor's Space Fortress.

Beni's rules permit any space stations, shipyards or other satellites, the numerous shipyards around Corellia would all be useful in this regard. Other instances of this in other Kaggaths are Keyholder station and the Emperor's Space Fortress.

Ok, as long as Beni is ok with it.

I will say though. With IG-88 and his crew of Novatroopers flying around with IG-2000 and no chance for the RR to get a CGT from Kuat even if they did realize the IDD was using stealth, the RR fleet is in an extremely exposed position as it repairs

Also, I don't see Kiris being the RR's first choice. Remember, you don't have direct control... Nek (should he choose to chase down the IDD) would know that he'd need to do so quickly. To that end, he'd just send the fleet to the nearest shipyards, the normal Correllian shipyards (which are actually bigger than the Kiris ones from my understanding). That is even more exposed to IG-88, not to mention the fact that all the horrible things he could do to KDY he can now do here with far less security in his way.

But assuming Nek's fleet started repairs immediately there is the question of if he'd repair all his ships at once over the course of a few days (leaving the planet un-blockaded) or repair them a few at a time (giving the IDD more time to repair)

I mean, it only takes one shipment of goods from Sullust to the IDD to change a lot about the ground fight...

Having looked over your base I do agree that it is much better than I had previousely thought as well.

On the matter of Dark Troopers however, whilst very durable they are far from invincible, they have been taken down by mass blaster fire before and heavy weapons which the Third Systems Army, a siege breaker force, have in abundance. The difference here is that the RR can afford casualties, the IDD simply cannot in this situation. This does not include Tank Droids whose main weaponry would be more than enough to take down Dark Troopers.

Furthermore I think the RR takes the home field advantage, Corellia supported the Alliance to restore the Republic and detested the Empire, furthermore the CIS caused great damage to Corellia. We have one force here seeking to conquer Corellia by force and one trying to save it from occupation. The RR should definitely have local support here.

Are we forgetting that IG-88 is the reason that the Imperious went down in the first place? Why would Nek not have immediate tracking of forces exiting the vessel and keeping an eye on the wreckage? he's far too smart to suddenly pretend nothing happened to his ship, with RI at his disposal they are going to find out what and who was responsible for the failures on the Imperious and plan ahead for it. Infact I would even suggest Mace Windu should know something was wrong himself, all he needs to do is use the Force to sense out IG-88 and his stealth ship which would follow in the IG-2000's destruction by massed fire from fighters and capital ships.

Having looked over your base I do agree that it is much better than I had previousely thought as well.

On the matter of Dark Troopers however, whilst very durable they are far from invincible, they have been taken down by mass blaster fire before and heavy weapons which the Third Systems Army, a siege breaker force, have in abundance. The difference here is that the RR can afford casualties, the IDD simply cannot in this situation. This does not include Tank Droids whose main weaponry would be more than enough to take down Dark Troopers.

Furthermore I think the RR takes the home field advantage, Corellia supported the Alliance to restore the Republic and detested the Empire, furthermore the CIS caused great damage to Corellia. We have one force here seeking to conquer Corellia by force and one trying to save it from occupation. The RR should definitely have local support here.

Who knew a sector of a city could be a decent HQ? :D

I am not saying invincible, but that they have a long TTK that allows them to make use of their mobility to escape destruction should they come too close, and then seek repairs. Which when compared to one hit one kill on the clones and the fact that each PII can fire 20 missiles without reloading, 400 plasma bolts without reloading, and that they will always be in squads. Heck, if the droids wanted to be spiteful (IG-88 and his tinkering...) they could use exclusively their jetpacks with missile fly by's. Without even reloading, the starting force of PII's have enough missiles to shoot every single infantry unit that the RR possesses. Not to mention they no doubt have enough to reload. :rolleyes: Though, when did a Dark Trooper get defeated by only blaster fire?

I will concede that the Turbolaser Tank, despite its downsized nature, is still enough to at the very least disable a PII in a single shot. That said, I wonder at how good they are at tracking flying targets...

Not even going to go into the PIII's plex missile launchers... Which can be fitted with nearly any ordnance...

Except the Corporation islands, due to Kaggath rules, are loyal or at least friendly with the IDD, and there are hard barriers between sectors such as city canyons, walls of buildings, and limited tram traffic.

IG-88 isn't here though, he is in space and a massive tactical advantage exists on the ground, the Third Systems Army had more than just Marshall Commander Cody to lead it and I get any named Clone up to the rank of Commander in this army. The Dark Troopers being used so effectively would require an excellent strategist and ground commander, but Trench is not here, instead they have Jerec and Desann. Edited by LadyKulvax

Are we forgetting that IG-88 is the reason that the Imperious went down in the first place? Why would Nek not have immediate tracking of forces exiting the vessel and keeping an eye on the wreckage? he's far too smart to suddenly pretend nothing happened to his ship, with RI at his disposal they are going to find out what and who was responsible for the failures on the Imperious and plan ahead for it. Infact I would even suggest Mace Windu should know something was wrong himself, all he needs to do is use the Force to sense out IG-88 and his stealth ship which would follow in the IG-2000's destruction by massed fire from fighters and capital ships.

Unless I misread the space scenario, no one in the RR knows exactly what happened on the Imperious, and might just assume it was the work of the Nova's that boarded the vessel. As for keeping an eye on the wreckage... Its a nice scenic view but the IG-2000 has a stealth device installed.

He can look over the data all he wants, nothing leads back to IG-88, nor would the RI be able to find anything on him before he strikes again. If given time, they might be able to find a little about him, but still not much.

Mace Windu though I do not believe will be able to simply sense out IG-2000. Droids are noted in multiple sources to be harder to sense than organics, albeit still sensible, but unless he is constantly exhausting himself scanning he will not find the droid. Ultimately I do not believe Mace can find IG-88 merely by 'willing' it and staring into the void. :p

IG-88 isn't here though, he is in space and a massive tactical advantage exists on the ground, the Third Systems Army had more than just Marshall Commander Cody to lead it and I get any named Clone up to the rank of Commander in this army. The Dark Troopers being used so effectively would require an excellent strategist and ground commander, but Trench is not here, instead they have Jerec and Desann.

Fun fact, Desann has orchestrated battle plans before. Heck, even some of the most inept tacticians could come up with a skirmish strategy such as this if they know the basics of the Dark Troopers.

While not a tactician, Jerec is quite adept at maneuvering pawns into position and exploiting his advantages.

Beyond that, the droids themselves might come up with it seeing how they were designed to be incredibly intelligent and capable of operating without a pilot, nor was any expense spared in their construction. A little iffy on the sourcing, but from the wiki:

"The Phase II dark trooper was intended to be used either as an artificially intelligent droid or exoskeleton—either way, it was extremely effective in battle. A small number of these soldiers destroyed a Rebel base on Talay. "

Tactics such as this are so obvious given their equipment, someone as intelligent as both a tactician, designer, and warrior as General Rom Mohc, would very likely be pre-programmed into their systems.

That said, Trench will indeed be present to further boost its effectiveness before the battle is over.

Side Note: As for what Star said regarding even a single shipment... I want my snipers back. :d_evil:

Edited by Silenceo

Unless I misread the space scenario, no one in the RR knows exactly what happened on the Imperious, and might just assume it was the work of the Nova's that boarded the vessel. As for keeping an eye on the wreckage... Its a nice scenic view but the IG-2000 has a stealth device installed.

He can look over the data all he wants, nothing leads back to IG-88, nor would the RI be able to find anything on him before he strikes again. If given time, they might be able to find a little about him, but still not much.

Mace Windu though I do not believe will be able to simply sense out IG-2000. Droids are noted in multiple sources to be harder to sense than organics, albeit still sensible, but unless he is constantly exhausting himself scanning he will not find the droid. Ultimately I do not believe Mace can find IG-88 merely by 'willing' it and staring into the void. :p

There were survivors from the Imperious, one of them being Nek. The idea that nobody out of hundreds and possibly thousands of crewmen who survived the ship's downfall had no idea what was going on is a pretty massive assumption. The idea that nobody would have used a comm to alert the rest of the crew is also a pretty huge assumption.. cameras, logs, comms, computer information, droids... there is a pretty massive range of ways in which the RR could find out about IG and his ship, which by the way cannot simply remain cloaked in the hangarbay and the idea that absolutely no one would have seen the ship land it the first place is also a massive assumption.

To be honest it's a pretty ridiculous argument to claim that not a single crewman, camera or droid saw IG-88 and his ship invasively dock onto, break into the ship, kill some of said crew, sabotage the vessel and get out again. He is very good but far from infallible.

There were survivors from the Imperious, one of them being Nek. The idea that nobody out of hundreds and possibly thousands of crewmen who survived the ship's downfall had no idea what was going on is a pretty massive assumption. The idea that nobody would have used a comm to alert the rest of the crew is also a pretty huge assumption.. cameras, logs, comms, computer information, droids... there is a pretty massive range of ways in which the RR could find out about IG and his ship, which by the way cannot simply remain cloaked in the hangarbay and the idea that absolutely no one would have seen the ship land it the first place is also a massive assumption.

To be honest it's a pretty ridiculous argument to claim that not a single crewman, camera or droid saw IG-88 and his ship invasively dock onto, break into the ship, kill some of said crew, sabotage the vessel and get out again. He is very good but far from infallible.

All those ways you're mentioning make the massive assumption that someone who wasn't instantly slaughtered by IG-88 was in a rational state of mind enough to transmit said information as the ship was blowing up around them.

And even then, it is yet still more assumption that any of the few people who managed to make it out would have been able to have seen IG-88 and live to tell.

Not to mention he'd have sliced their security systems when he boarded and shorted all cameras etc... so no physical evidence of his presence aside from bodies (something he is quite good at). And droids? Are you serious? He'd have downloaded his droid revolution program to them all and had them attack RI agents on sight.

Also, IG-2000 has a docking ring so no actual landing in a hanger...

And while we're on the topic of IG-88 and IG-2000... can't IG-88 (potentially using the connections the IDD has with the Corporations on the Corporation Islands) download his droid revolution program into every droid on Corellia in a matter of minutes using the powerful array on IG-2000 and essentially mount a droid insurrection against any pro-Republic targets?

Oh, and might the Tank droids be vulnerable to IG-88's hacking :eek:

Edited by StarSquirrel

So IG-88 is an infallible droid god, I see now.

yep, exactly... :rolleyes:

Actually what we're doing here is going over all possible plans. Fact is he can't do everything I and Sil have suggested at the same time. However, when you consider what he can do, we can see how certain situations are less than ideal for the RR.

For instance, if IG-88 stays in space initially. He does his work in dismantling the RR fleet. During this time the ground is free of his interference.

However, when he finishes (or if it is more beneficial for him to go to ground) he has quite a lot of havoc to wreak on Corellia, including sowing a droid revolution and converting Tank Droids (which, lets be honest, fits his MO perfectly)

And starting a droid insurrection is not only within his capabilities, it is actually a vital part of his character. The only thing is, broadcasting a signal as strong as the one I suggested would surely result in the RI finding him if he stays in space. So it'll have to occur after any work he does in space occurs. That, or he uses the signal to simultaneously get the Corellian shipyard droids and the droids on the ground to turn at once. And with those connections on Incorporation Islands I'm sure one of the companies present have a large antenna that IG-88 can use to boost his signal planet-wide.

That said, if IG-88 is chased out of the system for some odd reason or another, he can throw that signal out before leaving and leave Corellia a mess for the RR anyways. The RI has no way to block him. (if there was you'd imagine the very early RI or the II would have developed some defence.)

And even if we ignored the large-scale implications of IG-88's skills, IG-88 and a few Phase II DT would wipe out a Tank Droid's supporting force, hack the thing, and now the RR not only loses an asset, but it is now a IDD asset. Lets presume he can only do this maybe a dozen times before the RI can start reliably setting traps. That's still over 1/3 of all Tank Droids converted to the IDD.

That would be incredibly painful of a loss, especially considering the trouble the RR will already have taking down Phase II and Phase III DT's. Not to mention the effectiveness of IDD vehicles in this terrain. (note: Homing droids can hang on vertical surfaces... Pursuers have mortars...)

Edited by StarSquirrel

All those ways you're mentioning make the massive assumption that someone who wasn't instantly slaughtered by IG-88 was in a rational state of mind enough to transmit said information as the ship was blowing up around them.

And even then, it is yet still more assumption that any of the few people who managed to make it out would have been able to have seen IG-88 and live to tell.

Not to mention he'd have sliced their security systems when he boarded and shorted all cameras etc... so no physical evidence of his presence aside from bodies (something he is quite good at). And droids? Are you serious? He'd have downloaded his droid revolution program to them all and had them attack RI agents on sight.

Also, IG-2000 has a docking ring so no actual landing in a hanger...

And while we're on the topic of IG-88 and IG-2000... can't IG-88 (potentially using the connections the IDD has with the Corporations on the Corporation Islands) download his droid revolution program into every droid on Corellia in a matter of minutes using the powerful array on IG-2000 and essentially mount a droid insurrection against any pro-Republic targets?

Oh, and might the Tank droids be vulnerable to IG-88's hacking :eek:

So he's wiping out potentially thousands of witnesses, simultaneously hacking all ship systems, hacking all droids, being cautious enough to never get caught by camera droids or on ship cameras, getting past Mace Windu's danger sense, shatterpoint and foresight all at the same time and leaving like he was never there? mkay definitely not OP.

If the IG-2000 docks in any form the ships alarms are going to alert the crew, the Imperious was designed with anti-boarding measures and high security in place, he can't just dock, be it via ring or hangarbay and go completely unnoticed, how much PIS are you assuming here?

So his ship can maintain stealth and send out a massive signal as well? source?

Tank Droids were hybrid machines, not entirely droid.

In regards to job order for IG-88, it all depends on what is left in orbit.

If none, all sent to repair at Kuat:

- Signal sent all across Corellia

- IG-88 then heads towards Kuat

- Subtle sabotage (virus', corrupt droids, 'accidents', ect)

If some in orbit some left:

- Sabotage or destroy ships in orbit

- Go to IDD HQ with an antennae of sufficient strength

- Broad cast across Corellia

- Wait for rest of fleet to return

- Cause havoc in the down time

- When it returns, begin sabotage on vessels to coincide with IDD fleet entrance

If entire fleet still in orbit:

- Go to ground

- Broad cast signal from antennae

- Keep updated on location of IDD fleet timetable

- Continue causing havoc on ground

- When IDD fleet is on its way back, start sabotage of fleet

- IDD fleet jumps in and the RR fleet experiences a wave of malfunctions

- (Fleet would likely jump in after IG-88 was discovered aboard a vessel)

Just a few general series of events that IG-88 could pursue. So far, it sounds like either the first or the second are most likely. If IG-88 sends it from a ground based antennae, would that not keep his ship secret a while longer?

Anyways, not saying any of it would go flawlessly, but of anyone in the Kaggath, he is the most capable of pulling of such maddening maneuvers. Electronic surveillance is useless against him, droids who encounter him join his cause, and most organics who see him during a mission die quite suddenly. If nothing else, the pile of bodies on the vessels might alert them. :p The thing to note however, is that for any of the sabotaging of ships, it is NOT just him, if it was he would be found out quickly and they might find a way to delay him long enough for elite forces to arrive. However, with the Nova's... Well, we have all seen the episode in CW where Ventress uses B2's as a distraction and stealthily moves about a Venator. While IG-88 does not have the force, he would at the very least be equally capable of that level of stealth, which means he could reach the reactor undetected. The Nova's would also last a LOT longer than the B2 distraction, might even frighten the crew due to how many marines are felled by them as blaster bolts bounce off...

Of course, I can think of a way or two for the RR to maybe counter IG-88 and his Nova's, but why would I reveal them?

Edited by Silenceo

So he's wiping out potentially thousands of witnesses, simultaneously hacking all ship systems, hacking all droids, being cautious enough to never get caught by camera droids or on ship cameras, getting past Mace Windu's danger sense, shatterpoint and foresight all at the same time and leaving like he was never there? mkay definitely not OP.

If the IG-2000 docks in any form the ships alarms are going to alert the crew, the Imperious was designed with anti-boarding measures and high security in place, he can't just dock, be it via ring or hangarbay and go completely unnoticed, how much PIS are you assuming here?

He would not encounter thousands of witnesses, unless he is feeling unusually blood thirsty. Almost this EXACT thing has been done by others such as Ventress before, and IG-88 can directly control the ships surveillance if he so wishes... As for camera droids, he would force his sentience program on them on sight, likely faster than anyone would notice.

Mace Windu was on the ground last I checked...

If it was only foresight and such that was needed to catch assassins, Jedi/Sith would have less trouble with them. Heck, if that is the case, then why wouldn't Jerec 'danger sense' the RR coming to blow open his roof? :rolleyes: Windu's shatterpoint and such are impressive, but it is not a omniscient power. Nor would his force senses tell him everything that is happening, else there would be no need for Nek, or at least he would be in a coma during the CW due to all sorts of danger sense... Obviously he was not. :D The point I am getting at, is that Mace Windu is needed on the ground and it is unlikely he is in space, which means he would not sense the danger to the fleet though he might suspect it.

Star actually said that if he sent out the signal while trying to maintain stealth, he would be found anyways... Hence trying to use a ground based antennae or such to hide himself.

Actually, the XR-85 Tank Droid is fully droid, it is no where mentioned on the wiki at least of it ever using an organic to pilot it. The only similar reference, is that it was used in the Remnant time precisely because it didn't need a crew.

Edited by Silenceo

Thousands? I'm sorry IG-88 is not casually strolling down crowded corridors... You're not giving IG-88 enough credit here, or rather dramatically underestimating him in favor of your own version of events that best benefits you, not what actually would have happened.

As far as the droids and security systems. He can easily time blackouts in the system to cut feeds to specific sections at specific times... not a difficult thing to do with his hacking skill. Also, what good will cameras on droids do when they've been blown to space dust? They're not going to be constantly transmitting internal ship's data out for everyone to see... That'd be stupid. Plus, as per the whole space battle, we obviously know IG-88 can hack the Imperious.

And as far as Mace goes. When Mace senses the ship will blow up I don't imagine he's going to stick around to chase the source of the danger when he has to try and save the crew he is able to, himself, and presumably Nek as well.

And even if he sees IG-88 in a vision, he won't know anything about him and there isn't anything RI can find out about him either. Not even II knew what he really was and he was aboard the Executor right next to Vader...

Also, uh... explain how someone will notice a single alarm among the numerous impact alarms from debris of other ships, missile impacts, torpedo impacts, drop pod impacts etc... IG-2000 (a cloaked ship) docking and cutting a hole will not even register a blip during a busy battle. I can't imagine the number of times it's occurred in a book when everyone is distracted in a battle and no one notices the little ship stick to their hull. I mean, if the Millennium Falcon can attach to an Imperial-I undetected, then the IG-2000 would have an infinitely easier time of it.

And as for that last little quip, I specifically stated that any signal he sends would not take long to be picked up by the RI and so he'd get found quite quickly. So if he was going to do anything stealthily he'd have to do it prior to sending any signal.

As far as the Tank Droids. Let me quote the wiki

the XR-85 tank droid was a treaded, automated tank

and under crew it lists: Integrated sentient droid brain

So yeah, IG-88 will have a ball with those things.

'Your own version of events' Who out of the two of us is stating it is nearly impossible to detect or capture IG-88? I am sorry for attempting to make arguments against him soloing entire pieces of my faction. I see now the irony pointed out by Beni in people complaining about strong Force Users when characters like IG-88, whom according to you can basically defeat anything, are allowed.