The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Final: Republic Resistance vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

I don't think there is much argument to say either is bigger than the other to be fair.

Bearing in mind Star that according to the Essential Guide to Warfare the majority of the Clone Wars engagements were fought by planetary militias and such, so while the Clones were only millions strong, they were more soldiers.

That's the point. The same can be said for the Second Galactic Civil War...

It was a Civil War with both sides having official militaries but a lot was on a planet-by-planet basis like what we see with Roche or Hapes.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumored... lol

And 3mil with 1 mil on the way by the beginning. Even if they ramped up production they won't get beyond a few million. And they'd undoubtedly have fewer ships than even that. Unless you have a better source of course.

Meanwhile both the New Republic and Imperial Remnant had been at peace for a while and built up their own fleets while the Vong are introducing a new extra-galactic element. Not to mention the fact that every independent force in the galaxy is siding with someone in this war... I mean even the Clone Wars had a massive number of neutral planets compared to the Vong war.

And the Second Galactic Civil War sees the Corellian shipyards and Kuati shipyards essentially trying to out-produce one another while the Bothans add their considerable might as well as Fondor gets into it as do the Hapans with their fleets.

Sel I have a very firm grasp on the Clone Wars. I understand its size and I'm not saying the Second Galactic Civil War was much bigger, I'm merely pointing out that the Clone Wars wasn't particularly bigger or more impressive than the SGCW.

Except Karen Traviss during the order 66 novel confirms in a narrative that it was rumoured as thus, but even if those numbers are wrong the droid army numbered in the hundreds of Trillions.... So...

And to be honest, that quote has been contradicted hundreds of times. There are many excuses for why that quote is so horrendously inaccurate, too many to list really, but since TCW Contradicts it we don't really need to go through them.

Except Karen Traviss during the order 66 novel confirms in a narrative that it was rumoured as thus, but even if those numbers are wrong the droid army numbered in the hundreds of Trillions.... So...

And to be honest, that quote has been contradicted hundreds of times. There are many excuses for why that quote is so horrendously inaccurate, too many to list really, but since TCW Contradicts it we don't really need to go through them.

Regardless, it really doesn't matter. The Clone Wars could have had Trillions on either side, and it'd still have been roughly equal to the Second Galactic Civil War and much smaller than the Vong War.

The point I'm making is that the Clone Wars wasn't the end-all-be-all of big wars and even if it was, Trench was responsible for a smaller portion of it both relatively and in actual fleet numbers.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Regardless, it really doesn't matter. The Clone Wars could have had Trillions on either side, and it'd still have been roughly equal to the Second Galactic Civil War and much smaller than the Vong War.

The point I'm making is that the Clone Wars wasn't the end-all-be-all of big wars and even if it was, Trench was responsible for a smaller portion of it both relatively and in actual fleet numbers.

But even that in itself isn't the point. Troop sizes don't matter, you yourself spoke of how concentrated that Galactic Civil War was.

The Clone wars stretched across every system in the galaxy, so obviously there would be thousands of commanders, and given the Seperatist generals couldn't have got higher than a fleet commander, Trench's reputation and skills were impressive.

But even that in itself isn't the point. Troop sizes don't matter, you yourself spoke of how concentrated that Galactic Civil War was.

The Clone wars stretched across every system in the galaxy, so obviously there would be thousands of commanders, and given the Seperatist generals couldn't have got higher than a fleet commander, Trench's reputation and skills were impressive.

I'm sorry every system? Toydaria, Mandalore, and the coalition of 1,000 neutral systems would all like a word with you Sel :p

Not to mention the various non-Republic worlds in the Outer Rim that really don't care about the war.

The Second Galactic Civil War was shorter and has less info on it but we know it was a full-scale galactic war and Nek was the Supreme Commander of the GA in that conflict, which is much higher than fleet commander :rolleyes:

Nek isn't on Ackbar's level, actually. Nor is he on Revan's, just because we have more information on him doesn't make him better.

I could therefore say the same when comparing the Clone Wars to the Second Galactic Civil. Or do you want to refute yourself here?

I'm sorry every system? Toydaria, Mandalore, and the coalition of 1,000 neutral systems would all like a word with you Sel :p

Not to mention the various non-Republic worlds in the Outer Rim that really don't care about the war.

The Second Galactic Civil War was shorter and has less info on it but we know it was a full-scale galactic war and Nek was the Supreme Commander of the GA in that conflict, which is much higher than fleet commander :rolleyes:

I could therefore say the same when comparing the Clone Wars to the Second Galactic Civil. Or do you want to refute yourself here?

Toydaria and Mandalore were both attacked :confused:

A lot of Non-Republic worlds were conquered for resources. And yes, please tell me how Nek's ability to orchestrate a galactic war will help in a singular fleet battle, please, be my guest, seeing as you spent the entirety of the last Kaggath arguing why that's the reason Revan would lose. :rolleyes:

A lot of Non-Republic worlds were conquered for resources. And yes, please tell me how Nek's ability to orchestrate a galactic war will help in a singular fleet battle, please, be my guest, seeing as you spent the entirety of the last Kaggath arguing why that's the reason Revan would lose. :rolleyes:

We have no reason to believe that didn't happen during the SGCW.

We are dealing with two full-scale galactic wars here, we have no reason to believe notably larger in scope.

And I think the point Star is making is that Nek achieved higher rank.

Edited by Beniboybling

What?

Look Sel, I really don't care about the size of the conflicts, if we compare them at this scale I have thoroughly and repeatedly displayed accounts of Nek's tactical skill to the thread and Beni can attest to this. Trench's accomplishments at the scale of the conflict being described in this thread don't match up to those of Nek honestly.

Edited by StarSquirrel

What?

Look Sel, I really don't care about the size of the conflicts, if we compare them at this scale I have thoroughly and repeatedly displayed accounts of Nek's tactical skill to the thread and Beni can attest to this. Trench's accomplishments at the scale of the conflict being described in this thread don't match up to those of Nek honestly.

I don't believe I've ever said that Trench is better than Nek, I don't think he is. But the idea's put forward were saying that Nek's superior enough that the fact he's fighting a relatively unknown fleet, that's superior to his own, and that his enemy intricately knows the ins and outs of his own ships, wouldn't matter and his tactical brilliance would save him.

This entire debate has just been to stop the ridiculous idea that Nek is some naval god that will not be outsmarted by Trench, because he will inevitably lose certain areas of the battle, and Trench's knowledge of Venators and Acclamators is more than enough to bridge their tactical gap.

I don't believe I've ever said that Trench is better than Nek, I don't think he is. But the idea's put forward were saying that Nek's superior enough that the fact he's fighting a relatively unknown fleet, that's superior to his own, and that his enemy intricately knows the ins and outs of his own ships, wouldn't matter and his tactical brilliance would save him.

This entire debate has just been to stop the ridiculous idea that Nek is some naval god that will not be outsmarted by Trench, because he will inevitably lose certain areas of the battle, and Trench's knowledge of Venators and Acclamators is more than enough to bridge their tactical gap.

Aside from the last paragraph I agree with you, but your way of going about it was flawed.

I wasn't arguing for Nek or against Trench. I was addressing the mistake you made in assuming the Clone Wars was somehow massively larger than the SGCW and the ridiculous suggestion that it was bigger than the Vong War. That was the only issue I cared about.

As for Nek vs. Trench. While I think Trench's knowledge of the RR's ships is useful and a very good point can be made that he can abuse it (like being able to know to hit a Venator while its main hanger is open etc...) I don't think having knowledge of the enemy's ships completely bridges the tactical divide that exists here. I also think that Nek's ability to think on his feet and change tactics is sufficient to allow him to minimize the effect Trench's advantages will provide.

So in sheer tactics (if that was all we discussed) Trench is outclassed even with better knowledge (which, tbh, Nek knows Imperial tech as well considering the GA military has something of a rocky relationship with the Imperial Remnant so he'd keep aware of Imperial ships...). So while definitely not extensive, he knows roughly what he faces on the capital ship front. I'll agree the fighters will utterly surprise him.

But of course their are other factors as well, so my opinion is hardly even a judgement on who I think might win. My money is still on IDD for their assassination abilities, ships, and fighters as well as their use of them.

I don't see where you seem to think I'm some propagator of Nek-godhood and where have I said his tactical ability will carry the RR to victory. If anything I've made more arguments in favor of the IDD...

Aside from the last paragraph I agree with you, but your way of going about it was flawed.

I wasn't arguing for Nek or against Trench. I was addressing the mistake you made in assuming the Clone Wars was somehow massively larger than the SGCW and the ridiculous suggestion that it was bigger than the Vong War. That was the only issue I cared about.

There are a lot of quotes however that agree, that the Clone Wars were larger, there were many more battles etcetera. However other sources disagree, it's a very muddled era. Whichever we each choose to pick is really the only decided about that argument.

I don't see where you seem to think I'm some propagator of Nek-godhood and where have I said his tactical ability will carry the RR to victory. If anything I've made more arguments in favor of the IDD...

My argument was never originally made to you...

Edited by Selenial

There are a lot of quotes however that agree, that the Clone Wars were larger, there were many more battles etcetera. However other sources disagree, it's a very muddled era. Whichever we each choose to pick is really the only decided about that argument.

My argument was never originally made to you...

I won't get into why that first paragraph is wrong, but let's drop it as it obviously is completely unimportant to the discussion at hand.

As for your original argument. As I said above, I was addressing inaccuracies in your argument, and didn't care about the meaning of said argument. Who it was to is irrelevant when it contained incorrect information and that was what I was addressing.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Nek isn't as good as Ackbar? holy crap the lowballing is real, Ackbar isn't even on Vader's level and Vader was nowhere near Thrawn, Nek on the other hand was Thrawn tier and proved that he was better than Pallaeon, Daala, Ysanne Isard and was nearly on Thrawn's tier. How many top tier admirals does he have to school to prove he is one of the best?

Actually I think the better question is, what evidence in the lore do we have supporting the idea Trench is as good as any of them? All we know is that he was much better than Yularen and better than Kenobi/Skywalker. Cool story.

The Clone Wars was as large as the Vong War? In the final battle of Yuuzhan'tar the GA/IR forces lost five million men and three hundred capital ships, The Yuuzhan Vong lost many times more than that. The total casualties for the GA/IR side was 365 trillion, the Vong again lost far more than that. 20 worlds were destroyed in the process.

This event triggered the Dark Nest Crisis, a war nearly as large, followed by the Swarm War which was also nearly as large, then the Second Galactic Civil War happened. All four of these wars completely engulfed the galaxy and Nek played a crucial role in each of them.

Edited by LadyKulvax

The space scenario has arrived, and this time I did a points breakdown too, so enjoy that. :p

“We’re exiting hyperspace, Admiral.”

Nek raised his gaze from his datapad, looking out of the viewport from the bridge of the Star Destroyer. Seconds later mottled blue rapidly reverting to empty black, save for a distant fleet of cruisers. Diamond shaped smears hovering over the temperate world of Corellia.

“What are we looking at, Lieutenant?”

“Sixteen Vindicators, Twenty-four corvettes and a Praetor – Mark II, sir.” The clone responded.

Nek frowned. Trench’s flagship, the Vengeance, a Super Star Destroyer bristling with turbolaser batteries and ion cannons, they were outgunned. He looked down at his datapad, the grim picture of Admiral Trench leering back at him. He had just finished reviewing his military history, Nek was prepared.

Behind him, someone stepped on to the command bridge. “I think I’ll defer to you on this one, Admiral.” It was General Windu. “So what’s the plan?”

“You’ve fought him before, General. What would you advise?”

“Trench is careful and cunning, and his formations are formidable. He won’t be easily lured into a trap, and a head-on assault would be playing right into his hands.”

Nek smiled. “My thoughts exactly.” He diverted his attention back to the viewport, considering his adversary for a few final moments, before issuing his orders.

“Move the attack cruisers in range of nearest enemy craft, formation one-three alpha.”

The crew pit became a flurry of activity as Nek’s orders were relayed to the rest of the fleet, the Star Destroyer began to lurch into motion as the Jedi cruisers advanced, the other vessels moving into defensive formations around them.

“Sir, Trench’s fleet is changing formation, their moving towards us.”

Trench had predicted Nek’s intentions – to use the Venators’ long range cannons against him – just as the Bothan had anticipated.

“Continue advance and enter claw formation echo six, have all fighters prepped for launch and hyperdrives ready for a micro-jump exactly five light minutes from the enemy fleet, on my mark.”

Windu raised an eyebrow. “A micro-jump?”

“All will become clear, General.” He replied, as the clones– since learning to trust in the Admiral’s perplexing strategies – relayed the orders without hesitation.

Moments later the viewports became speckled with streaking turbolaser fire as the assault cruisers entered range, acquired targets, and open fired. But the attack was ineffective, nullified by the dagger formation Trench’s fleet had assumed. An impregnable spearhead of tempered durasteel – with the Vengeance at its tip. Placing the weaker vessels in the center, shielded from harm, and the stronger vessels in prime firing positions, and bearing down on Nek’s fleet with the intentions of carving a path straight through into his formation.

An effective strategy against any other commander, but not against Nek.

“Navigator, what’s our status?”

“In position in five.”

“Excellent, man your battle stations everyone, prepare to engage the enemy.”

“Fleet in position sir, all hyperdrives ready to engage.”

Just as Trench’s fleet enters firing range their targets vanish, jumping to light speed and moments later re-exiting at close range. Perfectly predicting Trench’s opening strategy Nek matches him move for move, counteracting his dagger formation with a claw formation of his own before Trench’s fleet was even in position. The jump drops Nek’s forces right on top of the enemy, surging forward to swallow the enemy fleet in his claws before Trench has time to react.

Attacked from all angles the dagger formation’s ability to defend the weaker ships is nullified, and the Praetor at the tip of the spear and now in the centre of Nek’s trap comes under heavy fire. Fighters are launched instantly, launching precise and coordinated strikes against the enemy cruisers before they can retaliate with their own craft. Nek targets the corvettes first, managing to eliminate several in the crossfire and cripple several more cruisers. The Praetor loses much of its firepower as temporary holes are punched through its shields using ion bombs and the vulnerable batteries lain waste. Nek sheds first blood, and the wound digs deep.

“Intensify the forward deflector shields!” Trench snarled, the viewport before him a flurry of enemy turbolaser fire and fighter craft. For reasons he could not explain his adversary had anticipated his moves, and countered his strategy perfectly.

Nek Bwua’tu. Veteran of the Vong War, the Swarm War and the Second Galactic Civil War. Supreme Commander of Galactic Alliance Defence Force. He defeated the Thrawn Simulator before commanding a single fleet. But even so…

“Sir, another Vindicator crippled. All hands lost.”

Trench clacked his mandibles in suppressed anger. “Order all cruisers to divert power to shields, and hail the IG-2000 immediately!”

“Yes, Admiral.”

Seconds later and the grating monotone of IG-88 crackled over the comm system.

“IG-88 reporting. Admiral Trench.”

“I’m placing you in command of our fighters, coordinate an assault to target the weakest points in the enemy formation. Focus on the bridges, eliminate those cruisers!”

“Yes. Admiral.” The comm channel fell silent, IG-88 was away.

With coordinated precision and lethal efficiency IG-88’s droid fighter force outmaneuvers the enemy craft to strike at the cruiser formation. Admiral Nek, unprepared for a hive mind of droid craft, finds his fighter screens insufficient and broken through. Two of his Venators are crippled as a result, generators busted and bridges scrapped, and several Acclamators go down with them. With his formation broken Trench’s cruisers, on the defensive, scatter in all directions in an attempt to break out of the cage. Nek responds quickly however, moving his cruisers to intercept, with all formation broken the battlefield descends into a chaotic free-for-all as capital ships battle in for dominance in close quarters.

The Resistance begins to gain the upper hand however, its powerful Jedi cruisers doing significant damage with their anti-capital ship cannons and SPHA lasers. The neutronium impregnated hulls of the Acclamators dispersing the firepower of Vindicators’ lighter cannons and offloading powerful payloads of concussion missiles and proton torpedoes to return. The Vengeance, its firepower diminished, unable to turn the tides.

Trench pushes for starfighter superiority however, the remained Tartans blazing across the battlefield to cut through swathes of enemy craft, punching holes in fighter screens and routing their offenses and paving a way for boarding craft to board the enemy vessels.

Sirens wailed as clone trooper marines rattled into the hangar bay, the roof studded with pincer shaped boarding craft. As they took up hasty cover behind fighters and cargo crates, the arms retracted, and glossy black machines dropped out.

They landed on the plated floor with crunching thuds. Two metres and two hundred kilograms of durasteel and phrik rising to full height and lumbering towards the clones with oversized rifles raised. Dark troopers. Nova-class. A next-generation stormtrooper battle droid. But they were nothing like the flimsy “clankers” they had faced during the Clone Wars.

Those droids would have been scrapped by now. Torn apart by the torrent of firepower that was bouncing harmlessly off the ever advancing dark troopers. Then they returned fire, their hulking black rifles emitting menacing thuds, like the sound of the bodies now hitting the floor as the blazing projectiles ruptured their armour and flesh.

Though the Resistance’s fighters managed to screen several of their cruisers, many drop ships get through and infiltrate the enemy vessels with dark novatroopers. Against their overwhelming firepower and nigh impregnable armour the clone marines and powerless to stop them, and they quickly overrun and cripple several cruisers. Nek quickly realises their abilities beyond that of any solider, and dispatch Mace Windu to deal with the dark novatroopers running amok across his ship.

However Nek suspects a trap, assuming the droids a diversion for a potential attempt on his life or an act of sabotage. He seals the bridge and dispatches his remaining Jedi protector and several troops to defend the ships vital systems, assuring the Knight that he is capable of defending himself against assassination.

But Nek is not prepared for the abilities of IG-88.

“The Resolute’s shields are failing, Admiral. It’s being overwhelmed.”

“Dispatch fighter groups one and seven to assist, target the batteries.”

“Yes, Admiral.”

“Vindicator-class attempting to strafe.”

“Intensify the bridge deflector shields and tilt to port.”

“Tartan corvettes incoming, starboard side.”

“Trap them with tractor beams.”

To an untrained observer the view for the transparisteel windows might appear as randomised chaos, a mess of ships with every captain himself. But to Nek it was a coordinated interplay of variables and outcomes, one false move, one misstep, would send ripples across the battlefield, and the tide would turn against him.

The droning thrum of fluctuating electrics caught Nek’s attention, as the lighting began to flicker and the terminals went dead.

“Sir… all systems are shutting down!”

“An ion blast? Have we been hit?”

“No, sir. There being powered down manually!”

The lights had gone dead. The bridge illuminated only the faint space glow from the viewports. The Imperious was dead in the water, and on the other side of the glass others were beginning to notice, the ripples beginning to spread.

One false move. One misstep.

Nek turned to one of the clone marines. “Trooper, contact the clones defending the generator. Have them perform a manual reboot immediately.”

“I can’t sir, comms are being jammed.”

Nek opened his mouth to reply when a violent tremor shook the ship, beyond viewports a flurry of turbolaser fire was tearing up the Imperious’ unprotected hull and the Vengeance was moving in for the kill.

“Sir! Orders?”

Nek paused, another tremor shook the vessel, great chunks of metal breaking off into space, and a sense of panic began to spread across the darkened bridge.

“Abandon ship.”

“Sir?”

“All hands, abandon ship!”

It's systems sliced into by IG-88, the Imperious is neutralised. Admiral Nek barely making it off the bridge alive before a bombing run reduces it to space dust. Without their commander the Resistance fleet falls into disarray. But with almost half a dozen cruisers destroyed, scores of corvettes decimated, the Vengeance castrated, and what remains heavily damaged, Trench is in no position to push for victory. Realising the outcome would be mutual annihilation, Trench seizes the opportunity to pull his forces back, and retreats.

The Republic Resistance is victorious.

Imperial Droid Division: 107

Republic Resistance: 110

I've broken the points down into four seperate categories, each category involving anything that would have impacted the area in which it it focused i.e. ship-to-ship involves anything that impacted that category.

Ship-to-Ship

Imperial Droid Division: 24

Republic Resistance: 34

Starfighters

Imperial Droid Division: 50

Republic Resistance: 36

Boarding Parties

Imperial Droid Division: 24

Republic Resistance: 17

Tacticians

Imperial Droid Division: 9

Republic Resistance: 23

A breakdown of the survivors/damage sustained:

Republic Resistance

Light Capital Ship: Acclamator I-class assault ship [6]

Heavy Capital Ship: Venator-class star destroyer [3]

Imperial Droid Division

Light Capital Ship: Tartan-class corvette [6]

Heavy Capital Ship: Vindicator-class heavy cruiser [6]

Flagship: Praetor Mark II-class battlecruiser [Vengeance]

The Imperial Droid Division has sustained extensive damage, and Resistance are in better shape.

Any for my closing thoughts on the outcome:

As the tally demonstrates, the Resistance's victory is largely attributed to Nek's skills as a tactician. Without him, the Resistance would likely have been defeated, but as the scenario showed his ingenuity allowed the Resistance to circumvent and nullify many of the Droid Division's advantages.

Edited by Beniboybling

Indeed, else I wouldn't be permitting them, since they are not part of your ground force.

Short on time, writing a research paper, but a few general plans to kick off the ground war, think of it as an opener, albeit a small one.

Opening Moves:

- Eliminate Republic Intelligence

- Sabotage/disable Kuat Drive Yards

- IG-88 executes RR fleet

Eliminating Republic Intelligence

- Inquisitorious has 2 main bases, 1 on Prakith and 1 on Coruscant

- Inquisitorious knows all about RI due to timeline (such as HQ and defenses)

- RI lacks counters to Inquisitors

- Unlikely that the RI knows that the Inquisitorious is coming

-- Backup: if Coruscant Inquisitorious HQ somehow is nullified, Prakith sends a force instead

-- More travel time, but still an early strike that RI can not counter

-- As Imperial operatives, they are quite capable of bypassing the planetary shield

+ Result: RI eliminated or damaged beyond recovery

Crippling Kuat Drive Yards

- Their main defense is venting sections of shipyard with hostiles

- Droids do not need air

- Commerce guild has already shown the ability to provide stealth tech

- Dark Troopers (nova or PII) assault station

- Immune to vacuum

- Maximize destruction

-- Backup: If unable to get stealth on transports, IG-88 could deal with Kuat before executing RR fleet

-- He would hack into the system and vent ALL sections

-- Take all projects currently in progress

-- Kill Kuat of Kuat

-- Cripple all manufacturing plants and locations

+ Result: Kuat can no longer provide reinforcements or repairs.

Exectute RR Fleet

- Similar to what was done to you last round, Beni

- IG-88 and a squad of Dark Troopers land on the Venator's

- The IG-2000's stealth tech would allow them to do so with impunity

- RR crews can not defeat them unless Jedi are present

- Jedi are most likely all on the ground

- Set the Venator's on collision courses with nearby Acclamator's and set core to overload

- Rinse and repeat

- With all 3 Venator's gone, IG-88 could either do the same to the remaining 3 Acclamator's, or call in the fleet

-- Backup: IG-88 disables key systems

-- IDD fleet returns

-- Disabled systems allow the damaged IDD fleet to win

-- Due to the amount of time available, IG-88 has all the time in the world

+ Result: RR blockade broken, fleet defeated.

Collective end result: RR is cut off, no reinforcements, no intel, and out gunned. End is inevitable.

Edited by Silenceo

Republic Intelligence is in trouble compared to the Inquisitorius. In a larger-scale war, the RI would have the benefit of being a large organization, difficult to root out, and with a lot of agents and resources.

However, in a match this size, with such a small area of interest the RI is completely outclassed by the skill of the Inquisitors who will undoubtedly dismantle their organization ruthlessly and efficiently. Not only that, but the Inquisitorius only need a few Inquisitors on Sullust in order to stop RI's ability to sabotage the Commerce Guild.

The RI might help on the ground in Corellia (in the way they did on Yavin) but the Inquisitorius definitely takes the top spot for intelligence agencies.

Now, this isn't to say RI agents are weak, or impotent, and many are quite exceptional. However, as an organization their showings and techniques are far outclassed for the kind of work this battle entails compared to what the Inquisitorius can bring to the table.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Republic Intelligence is in trouble compared to the Inquisitorius. In a larger-scale war, the RI would have the benefit of being a large organization, difficult to root out, and with a lot of agents and resources.

However, in a match this size, with such a small area of interest the RI is completely outclassed by the skill of the Inquisitors who will undoubtedly dismantle their organization ruthlessly and efficiently. Not only that, but the Inquisitorius only need a few Inquisitors on Sullust in order to stop RI's ability to sabotage the Commerce Guild.

The RI might help on the ground in Corellia (in the way they did on Yavin) but the Inquisitorius definitely takes the top spot for intelligence agencies.

Now, this isn't to say RI agents are weak, or impotent, and many are quite exceptional. However, as an organization their showings and techniques are far outclassed for the kind of work this battle entails compared to what the Inquisitorius can bring to the table.

Essentially what I was thinking, albeit put a bit nicer. :D

That said, the two Inquisitors on Sullust have been there for what, three matches now if we include this one? Talk about a easy posting...

Though, I guess the main point that should be discussed is Coruscant and what the destruction of RI HQ might have on their effectiveness since that would eliminate additional agents, access to any database, and sudden lack of resources. (For example, in SI they had agents, but at HQ they had analysts, watchers, fixers, seeker, and ect)

Edited by Silenceo

I'd make a comment about the tacticians but I'm too busy trying to figure out how the IDD won fighters :D

The Ship-To-Ship category continues to baffle me however, y'all must have different definitions to me.

I'd make a comment about the tacticians but I'm too busy trying to figure out how the IDD won fighters :D

The Ship-To-Ship category continues to baffle me however, y'all must have different definitions to me.

As I said its whatever impacts the category, so for fighters the IDD's superiority was largely down to the effectiveness of the Tartans and the point-defense of the larger cruisers, which in turn would have thinned the Resistance's numbers and given the IDD fighters a bigger punch, which I tried to reflect in the scenario.

For Ship-to-Ship the Resistance just had stronger warships with more powerful firepower. Excluding flagships and the Resistance has a major advantage, the Praetor was therefore picking up the slack, but its only one warship.