The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Kaggath Battlegrounds Final: Republic Resistance vs Imperial Droid Division

Beniboybling

I think one thing we need to end with is that Trench has never faced a Nek calibre opponent before, He either plays large scale defense or brute force offense. Nek works on entirely different levels of strategy, Nek with smaller fleets against vastly larger armadas such as the Vong and Killiks was consistently successful, brute forcing him just isn't sufficient. Trench can't play defensive against a force that increases daily in size so he has to go offensive and win as soon as he can.

Trench has not shown any form of offensive strategies or tactics sufficient enough to break Nek, Nek will out play him continuously with ambushes and traps just like he did against the Vong and the Killiks.

Admiral Daala and the likes tried to defeat him with larger array of firepower and they got completely schooled in the attempt. They are demonstratively better in everywhere than Trench, he is not a bad admiral by any means but I see no reason to place him even on Pallaeon/Daala tier, nevermind Nek/Thrawn tier.

Nek has all the means and advantages by which to defeat Trench, Trench is on the clock and will be pressured by Jerec into defeating Nek early, an offensive against a far better fleet admiral whom will bank on being attacked and thus plan ten steps ahead may be near suicidal.

While I agree that Nek is better, could you point out some of his feats/specific tactics for him to use?

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree that Nek is better, could you point out some of his feats/specific tactics for him to use?

This is exactly why he lost the space battle against my Daala, he didn't have feats that could outdo the tactic I presented. Yes he is better, but specific tactics or feats are the thing someone needs to come up with. I'd love to but it is exam week for me so I don't have the time.

Don't forget, Nek as a way of predicting the moves of his opponents. Combined with Mace Windu's Shatterpoint, that can prove devastating. Mace can identify weakpoints in the enemy, and Nek can exploit them as well as the counters Trench attempts to devise.

Indeed, Nek even has Force sensitive family members which certainly explains his precognitive ability.

Eh, thats speculative and Luke (who made the comment about force-sensitivity) never actually said he was nor did he feel any sensitivity in Nek despite working closely with him numerous times. I doubt there is any force-related stuff, but it is a neat story and gives him an air of mystery and awe... :p

Saba and the likes talk specifically about his precognitive ability, IIRC. He isn't actually strong in the Force by any means but what little he has, has developed into minor precog ability.

They do, I can get a quote tomorrow if necessary.

I am in the process of calling this but one thing occurred to me, considering Lady's strong argument for Windu in space, but the arguably recklessness of attempting to assassinate Trench by boarding his ship, might we infer that Windu will be aboard the Imperious when IG-88 attempts his on assassination attempt. Windu vs IG-88, GO!

I am in the process of calling this but one thing occurred to me, considering Lady's strong argument for Windu in space, but the arguably recklessness of attempting to assassinate Trench by boarding his ship, might we infer that Windu will be aboard the Imperious when IG-88 attempts his on assassination attempt. Windu vs IG-88, GO!

Real question is Windu vs IG-88 & Squad of PII :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

Real question is Windu vs IG-88 & Squad of PII :rolleyes:

If that's the case Jerec would want IG-88 and the PII to capture mace alive so Jerec and the Inquisitorius can attempt to turn him to the dark side and become a inquisitor.Mace Windu is more valuable alive then he is dead.Am sure everyone can agree with that.

A fair fight. Maybe. :p

"Define fair fight"- Master Splinter

"A fight where either side can win" Leonardo

"You do not wish to ensure victory?"- Master Splinter

"Well no, but...." Leonardo.... lands on his *** from Master Splinter

"Was that fair?"- Master Splinter

"No." -Leonardo

"Did I win?" -Master Splinter

"I see your point" -Leonardo

"Seek Victory Leonardo.... not Fairness" -Master Splinter

TMNT 2012.... obviously I couldnt find the clip....

If that's the case Jerec would want IG-88 and the PII to capture mace alive so Jerec and the Inquisitorius can attempt to turn him to the dark side and become a inquisitor.Mace Windu is more valuable alive then he is dead.Am sure everyone can agree with that.

Oh, the irony... :p :p :p

A fair fight. Maybe. :p

Engage the vacuum! Droid's don't need air, and that squad of droids definitely have enough firepower to make a hole, even a small one, in part of the ship. :p *Though, I do not think WIndu could survive in Vacuum... he might be able to escape before* Or IG-88 could just cover the entire area they are fighting in with gas.

That said... BACK TO OBSCURITY! *vanish*

Side Note: Oh the irony, if they cause a vacuum by blasting a view port that kills Windu (wishful thinking)... I say this, because a view port is merely a window in space. :p His one true weakness! :jawa_evil:

Edited by Silenceo

Windu has shown rather effortless ability to destroy droids with a mix of his shatterpoint/TK. The whole Dark Troopers are resistant to lightsabers deal is kind of irrelevant against one of the most proficient shatterpoint users in the lore. Furthermore his speed would be incredibly difficult to counter, even for IG-88.

Engage the vacuum! Droid's don't need air, and that squad of droids definitely have enough firepower to make a hole, even a small one, in part of the ship. :p *Though, I do not think WIndu could survive in Vacuum... he might be able to escape before* Or IG-88 could just cover the entire area they are fighting in with gas.

That said... BACK TO OBSCURITY! *vanish*

Side Note: Oh the irony, if they cause a vacuum by blasting a view port that kills Windu (wishful thinking)... I say this, because a view port is merely a window in space. :p His one true weakness! :jawa_evil:

Issue is that all the viewports will all be fitted with emergency vents, which will seal the viewports soon after they're broken. So all Windu would really need to do is hold on until then.

And Windu, like most Jedi, is probably a master of Breath Control.

Issue is that all the viewports will all be fitted with emergency vents, which will seal the viewports soon after they're broken. So all Windu would really need to do is hold on until then.

And Windu, like most Jedi, is probably a master of Breath Control.

True about the emergency vent, but that would give the droids all they needed. That, and Vacuum > breath control. :rolleyes: Unless Mace Windu is resistant to decompression?! :eek: *wouldn't put it past him...* (He isn't like Plo Koon who already has a mask capable of keeping him alive, or air filtration system like Clone Troopers)

Besides, how hard can it be to open a hole in the emergency vent moments later? :p Go window! KILL WINDU! *cheers for the space window* :p

Side Note: I swear, Mace Windu ought to be mentally scarred by Windows... and if he dies by a Window again, I shall call it... Darth Fata (translates to Destiny)

Edited by Silenceo

True about the emergency vent, but that would give the droids all they needed. That, and Vacuum > breath control. :rolleyes: Unless Mace Windu is resistant to decompression?! :eek: *wouldn't put it past him...* (He isn't like Plo Koon who already has a mask capable of keeping him alive, or air filtration system like Clone Troopers)

Besides, how hard can it be to open a hole in the emergency vent moments later? :p Go window! KILL WINDU! *cheers for the space window* :p

Side Note: I swear, Mace Windu ought to be mentally scarred by Windows... and if he dies by a Window again, I shall call it... Darth Fata (translates to Destiny)

Well the idea is is the vents close before decompression. :p

Aside from the fact that I doubt Mace will give them a chance, this is assuming Windu is in proximity to any windows. The only viewports I've seen on an SD are those on the bridge, and considering IG-88 will be travelling through the middle of the ship to get to anything of import, it is likely Windu will confront him in a windowless space.

So IG-88 is likely going to require a different strategy to beat Windu/get away with his life.

Edited by Beniboybling

Before I call space folks, I was thinking it might be possible for Republic Intelligence to supply Nek with a dossier on Trench and his tactics prior to the battle. This might make it easier for Nek to predict his opponents moves.

The real crux, is wouldn't the Inquisitorius be able to do the exact same thing?

The real crux, is wouldn't the Inquisitorius be able to do the exact same thing?

They weren't around when Nek was. Pretty sure they weren't, at least. Republic Intelligence was active when Trench was, so they would know.