The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cartel Coin

Its been said but really not enough since nothing has changed. The ability to buy Cartel Coins should be easier for those of us who can't just go to a store and buy the cards. There's that stupid wait a week after x number of buys before you can buy anything else...mean while there's other stuff that you may want that you cannot pay for with in game coin. Race change, redesign characters and so on should be in game coin available as an option. Sell Cartel Coin cards to Canadians or other countries other than the US. I've been told by the guys on the phone to have a US friend buy me a card. This is their idea of a solution to the Cartel Coin lock outs?! There HAS to be a change made as this is the ONLY game I'm aware of with such stupid restrictions on in game coin buys. If we want to waste our money on Cartel Coins we should be able to instead of feeling like some parental figure is standing there telling us we can only have so much.

Have you tried buying from Amazon? To the best of my knowledge, Canadians can use all of the codes from US companies without any hoops to jump through.

Out of curiosity, how many in game CC purchases per month does it take to get a lock-out?

I never even knew it was possible to get a lock-out...

I'm Canadian, I've only bought extra coins once or twice, and I just used paypal/credit card, works fine, even if the exchange rate sucks now.

If you are too young to have access to those, talk to your parents or an older friend, I'm sure they can help you out if you got the cash for it.

There's a purchase limit that's in place as an anti-fraud measure but it only applies to coins purchased in-game or on the website and not to Cartel Cards from 3rd party vendors.

Once you hit the limit, buying cards is your only option until the purchase cooldown timer expires.

Also, I believe the timer resets if you get rejected for trying to purchase more coins before it has expired.

About the only way to actually hit the limit is to buy massive amounts of coins for $100 a pop or to make many small transactions when you'd really be better served by saving up the money and buying more coins in one purchase, especially since the per-coin price goes down for the larger purchases.