The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

8 Man Ranked - PTS Kickball this Saturday (21/03/15)

snave

Oh so you used to like 8 man ranked? Or maybe you never got to enjoy the phenomenon that was 8 man ranked huttball. Well all that can change if you want it!

This Saturday - 21/03/2015 - at around 7pm GMT - we will be attempting to host a 8 man kick ball ranked night on the PTS!

Players from ALL servers are encouraged to take part but we all know the EU > NA for any objective PvP.

I know what you're thinking "but Snave, this is madness" - You're wrong, you're gosh darn wrong and I'll tell you why.

We get 16 players (minimum of 8 per faction) and we make 4 man groups on the PTS. We queue for regular warzones at the same time and what happens? Mother fudging 8 man ranked is what happens. Ideally we'd like to have equal teams on equal factions but the worst case scenario is that we have a little bit of randomness with the other premade we're placed with and that only happens if we have more than 2 full groups queueing on each faction at the same time.

How do you take part in this? It's easy.

1. Download the PTS

2. Transfer your character over (if your character has non min/max gear you can copy over multiple times and then transfer comms to your "main" one in order to buy it)

3. Turn up on Saturday

We have a 300+ person TS server which is open for all to use (tofn.eu) so this shouldn't be that hard to coordinate. Feel free to create your own team of 4 before the night, this is only intended to be a kickball night but I know how much you lot love to tryhard. Yes, there will be latency issues for EU players, yes there's a chance you may be teamed up with someone who isn't as pro as you, this is the price we have to pay to get this off the ground. In the future when the concept is more established it will be easily to coordinate actual games vs pre set teams but for now let's just get the ball rolling!

Please remember that this is intended as a fun exercise primarily with the very likely chance of starting some really decent fights between good players.

If you have been complaining about 8 man being removed, if you have said you want 8 man back in the game, this is your chance to show that you actually want it. Turn up, if it's a success I'll plan these for every PTS that goes up so lets make this happen, let's show bioware that they may not be able to coordinate a speed run but the community can organise an event for stuff THAT ISN'T EVEN IN THE GAME ANYMORE.

Get lively.

If you have any questions please respond on this thread or speak to me in game / when I'm streaming (http://www.hitbox.tv/snave) and I'll do my best to answer.