Multiple accounts/codes/characters

titanmessenger

Can multiple accounts play the same copy of the game? I only have one registration code, but my brother wants to play as well. Can he make his own account and play on my copy of the game, or does he need to fork out the $$ for his own registration code? OR I know you can make multiple characters on an account. Could we both be logged into my account at the same time, playing with different characters?

It is against the EULA to have multiple persons use the same account, and is a banable offense, as it should be.

To get a new playable account, yes you would need to pay for it, like everyone else did....

Yes it is possible, with 2 seperate accounts, to play on the same computer, though not at once.

Why do you say, though not at once? Is there something that physically stops 2 clients from running? I run 2 accounts on the same computer at once on WoW, for example. Do you know for a fact that you cannot with SWTOR? That would be bad.

I think they mean literally at the same time. I imagine it'd be hard for you both to play the game on the same computer at the very same time.

Why do you say, though not at once? Is there something that physically stops 2 clients from running? I run 2 accounts on the same computer at once on WoW, for example. Do you know for a fact that you cannot with SWTOR? That would be bad.

Yoou can run 2 instances of the game on one computer using 2 seperate accounts - if your computer has the guts to handle it. I have a monster machine that does so easily.

Yoou can run 2 instances of the game on one computer using 2 seperate accounts - if your computer has the guts to handle it. I have a monster machine that does so easily.

Could you let me know how you do this? My machine is more than capable of running multiple instances but anytime I try to start a new instance I get a message that SWTOR is already running and the only option I have is to close the old one.

I have been able to use VMWare to run two instances on one box, but it is done by creating a whole new machine and the performance is terrible because VMWare does not use your physical graphics cards but rather spins up a virtual one that crashes every 15 minutes. :(

Could you let me know how you do this? My machine is more than capable of running multiple instances but anytime I try to start a new instance I get a message that SWTOR is already running and the only option I have is to close the old one.

I have been able to use VMWare to run two instances on one box, but it is done by creating a whole new machine and the performance is terrible because VMWare does not use your physical graphics cards but rather spins up a virtual one that crashes every 15 minutes. :(

I think the guy is full of bull. But I'd be very interested in how you got vmware to work. I've tried workstation 8 and only get a black screen.

I have a question regarding this...

Is it possible to for 2 characters to play at the same time on different computers?

For instance, my little brother wants to play on his pc while im playing on mine using the same account, I cant afford to pay for 2 accounts, would that be possilbe?

I'm erring towards, no it cant, but I'm hoping its possible.

Thanks.

I have a question regarding this...

Is it possible to for 2 characters to play at the same time on different computers?

For instance, my little brother wants to play on his pc while im playing on mine using the same account, I cant afford to pay for 2 accounts, would that be possilbe?

I'm erring towards, no it cant, but I'm hoping its possible.

Thanks.

I don't imagine so. Its the same account, regardless of what machine its on or who's using it.

How did you get this to work? Mine tries to close one if I open another. We have two accounts as well and I was going to trade some things while crafting.

Edited by AutumnSno

Try http://www.sandboxie.com

I dont have two accounts on swtor but have successfully used it with free to play mmo's to run buff slaves, etc. It uses much less resources than vmware.

The freeware version will let you run one other instance of an application. For my mmo I have to start the sandboxie version first then the regular version or gameguard will get upset. Also I have to use Vista64 bit / Win7 64bit...XP won't work. Not sure if that's the case with swtor however.

Sandboxie is tiny to download and you just use its menu to launch the app by choosing it from the sandboxie version of your start menu.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.