How much of an effect (if any at all) have Disciplines had on the play style?

JLazarillo

As title. Made my first new character since 3.0 hit today, a Knight, since I wanted to replay the story, but I'm not sure what AC to do this time. I'm not really interested in how the class does in Hardmode Operations, or how they compare to X other class in PvP; for me it's mostly about fun factor (although I realize that's hard to quantify). My biggest problem is that I've always found Sentinels pretty finicky to play, since the rotations tend to be a bit more meticulous, due to have to manage more procs and Centering/Zen, on top of Focus, which is also a trickier-to-manage resource than that of other classes. On paper, it looks like they've been given some handy utilities but it's hard to tell if that's going to make a difference to what matters to me, in terms of ease of access, so to speak.

If you're looking for a fluid, fun, easy AC, you want Guardian/Knight. Marauders/Sentinels are in a bad place right now, and the utility for Guardians/Juggs that resets their leap/throw/enrage cooldowns generally mitigates the need for careful resource management in standard levelling situations, allowing them to jump between groups of enemies with no downtime.

even marauders/sentinels have been given an easy to play discipline now. so if you want a chill time leveling look no further than the middle discipline Combat/Carnage.

as for zen and all that crap you can pretty much ignore it if you feel uncomfortable with it.. or save it for when you need some extra burst.

even marauders/sentinels have been given an easy to play discipline now. so if you want a chill time leveling look no further than the middle discipline Combat/Carnage.

as for zen and all that crap you can pretty much ignore it if you feel uncomfortable with it.. or save it for when you need some extra burst.

Yeah, but that's just it isn't it? Zen is our secondary resource. It SHOULDN'T be IGNORED. It is as much part of Sents as Upper Hand is of Scoundrels. And I don't hear smack talk like "yo, best ignore UH and save it for some extra burst" when it comes to Ops. Really, Bioware crapped all over the Sentinel AC.

Kill Focus? Check.

Kill Watchman? Check.

Kill Combat? Mostly check.

Kill leveling experience(Valour on lvl 50!)? Check.

COME ON!

I'd just suggest you to go with a Guard if it's not a special problem for you. The difference is staggering. If we had Preparation that additionaly filled Zen to full when we exit the combat...IF ONLY!

Edited by Cuiwe