Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Where is "end all" guide to gearing for PvP/FP/PvE, etc.??

Oteefo

For PVP:

If you are 10-54, wear the highest rated PVE gear that you can get (162 or less).

If you are 55-59, run forged alliances and wear the 162 green stuff in warzones.

If you are 60, wear the 162 green stuff and slowly replace 162 greens with exhumed pieces.

Do not wear 186/192 stuff. Just put on the 162 greens that you inevitably have lying around (hopefully you did not toss them). If you did toss them, you may not feel like putting forth the effort to buy or craft stuff just for pvp (especially if you don't like pvp). However, bear in mind that you will certainly draw somebody's wrath at some point if you don't put in the effort to buy/craft some greens.

I will have to bookmark this. Thanks for the help.

... Just put on the 162 greens that you inevitably have lying around (hopefully you did not toss them). If you did toss them, you may not feel like putting forth the effort to buy or craft stuff just for pvp (especially if you don't like pvp). However, bear in mind that you will certainly draw somebody's wrath at some point if you don't put in the effort to buy/craft some greens.

Where do these come from? Is this refering to buying the "black market mk-1" basic gear and stripping the 162 items out? (they show as purple, not green....so not sure there)

Also don't see them on the GTN......

If you run the SOR prelude (called "Forged Alliances" on the republic side), you will get basically a full set of 162 green / purple modded orange gear. If for whatever reason you have already run the SOR prelude and you don't have this stuff, just go with whatever you can get that is close. I'm not sure off the top of my head what is craftable.

P.S. It is possible to get to 2018 expertise (max) with PVE gear. It requires an odd combination of mods in the mainhand / offhand (I don't recall what that combo is) and everything else 162. However, you should be able to get to about 1900 expertise with the SOR prelude gear, which is good enough. You should be able to get around 2500 main stat with a stim.

Also, something that really helps - use one of the advanced anodyne <insert flavor here> stims as soon as you can (level 56 and up). They are relatively cheap and last eight hours. They give a rather large boost to your stats.

Double Edit: I think that this is really helpful: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=797369

Edited by teclado

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.