Tracking Kolto Shell/ The Pub One

Noahgolinko

So with 3.0 they introduced buff tracking... sort of. I still have to look at a clunky set of 20+ buffs that stacks all the way to top of my OPS frames from the target bar. Or i get to see the 4 useless buffs that I dont need to see in the ops frames, seemingly random. Is it so hard to give me, a merc healer, the option to turn off buffs I dont need to see? I would be fine with only seeing 4 buffs as long as one of them was always kolto shell (If present). I cant use a timer for this because Kolto Shell works off charges.. not duration. Seriously this is absurd. Does anyone have a work around they have devised?

I just do a regular check on the tanks and use myself as some measurement for the rest of the group. If mine are about to run out, then so are the ones on the group.

If there is regular group damage, then I tend to check while I cast some heal.

I don't know about the pub equivalent, but the Merc icon is fortunately distinctive in colour and shape so it's not too hard to pick out from the crowd of icons. If the Mando icon does not stand out as much then I feel sad for Mando healers. Edited by MiaowZedong

The bad thing is that the ops frames seem to limit to showing only 4 buffs, even if you expand their width fully. I did this tonight.

I delved into trying to setup a UI specifically for MERC/MANDO Healing. The SWTOR interface cannot filter out buffs in the ops frames and only shows a maximum of 4. With this UI the merc can use target next friend hotkey to cycle through the raid.(I use "x" for target next friend and "z" for self). With the large target frame attached to the top of the ops frames and buff highlighting set: (personal buffs--->apply time). Kolto shell will usually be the first buff. Making it vastly easier to track.

Action bar-Center

DPS abilities-Left

Utilities-Right

Focus Target for tank or boss targeting-Top

I also shaved as many extraneous tiles out of the UI as possible.. maybe that will help with terrible raid FPS.

http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com/forums/download/file.php?id=564

http://www.wehavedelusionsofgrandeur.com/forums/download/file.php?id=565