Sentinal or Guardian

Gothicdeath

Hi There

I have recently started playing and was wondering out of the 2 which is better to go for as you can not change after.

is Sentenel dps better than Guardian?...and also if i do decide to go guardian how badly is a tank needed in most cases or is the game full of them. I pretty much want a bad *** warior that can kill fast survive and get good numbers in pve...and be able to be versitile in some casual pvp

guardian is nice and has the possibility to go tank. it's the best choice if you are new and you may want to try dps and tanking.

-easier life in pvp

-good pve utilities

-tanking without levelling another toon up to 60

the only ''issue'' but can be interesting and enternaining is building two sets of gear or even 4 if you plan doing tank and dps in both pve/pvp.

as first toon definetly guardian

Thank you

Whats the dps like in end game as i would like to play this char for a long time and dont want to fotm reroll just to be concidered in endgame groups for pve. i have rolled a sage to 35 and a sin to 35 but i dont like te playstyle of the sin...sage is fun but i prefer mele over ranged any day .

So do guardians do decent dps or are sentinals alot better or just slightly

I haven't leveled both to 60 but from what I've heard Guardian is the way to go right now because it's arguably the best Tank in the game, and even if you don't plan on Tanking you can still put out decent DPS as Vigilance spec.

One of my mains is a Guardian, and leveling up is slow at first due to your initial low DPS output, but that has probably changed with the move of some key abilities (Plasma Brand, Overhead Slash) to lower levels, and in any case once you get your healing companion Doc you should have no problems with soloing.

I rolled a Sentinel during the 12x experience period to see how it played in comparison, only to be somewhat underwhelmed by the whole thing. The culprit, from what I have heard, is the changes/nerfs it recently recieved, which wiped maybe 10% of the overall DPS from the class.

Unfortunately, I never got to play a high-level Sentinel before its abilities were nerfed, streamlined, or whatever the case may be, which is probably why I decided to just stick with my Guardian. Apparently people had complained that Sentinels/Maurauders were too overpowered, and as a result, they got the short end of the stick with the overhaul of the discipline trees in 3.0. Sentinel still has some really awesome abilities and is a cool class in its own right, just not as good gameplay-wise as I had hoped it would be!

Edited by JFrombaugh

There is no debate. Guardian. Its a no brainer.

It also has a better coolness factor...you get a saber throw earlier, plus force push, plus guardian leap, plus a saber reflect. It is a better jedi play experience. Period. EAWare should be embarrassed and ashamed of their inabilities.