Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Awful stretching / clipping issue with Massassi / Exhumed Trooper PvP chestpieces.

Ransurian

Edit: Applies to Type 4 female bodies (I can't confirm if the issue is similar across all body types). The thread's title is somewhat erroneous. Massassi gear is explicitly PvE-oriented, whereas Exhumed equipment is tailored for PvP. In any case, both sets' chestpieces share the same graphical bug.

I'm not entirely sure how old this issue is, since I just hit level 60. Whenever my female human Trooper equips Massassi Boltblaster / med-tech / demolisher chestpieces, or any aesthetically identical Exhumed chestpiece (from the level 60 Warzone PvP vendor), my shoulders clip and stretch wildly. There's some kind of strange artifact in the shoulders that shouldn't be there, and whenever I move (i.e. while I'm on my mount or running around), it stretches wildly. The armor looks great, but this bug makes it completely unusable.

It's an easy bug to reproduce. Simply equip any Massassi or Exhumed Trooper chestpiece with a female character model and walk around. The clipping issues are immediately apparent.

Edited by Ransurian

• 4 weeks later...

I have bought several sets now, but it was not until I actually went to use it on a toon that I saw this :-(. I equipped it {specifically the Exhumed Supercommando set} on a type 1 female and yeah clip crazy lol. Very disappointing and wish I would have noticed before I bought dye {a great set for dyes imo} and planned to wear it lol.

Par for the course. Maybe they will fix it some day. Just wish I planned on wearing it sooner or {or that they actually thought a female might want to wear it} I may have noticed sooner. Thankfully players can see the issue in the preview {helps to pop out a weapon to see it fully} and in the log-in screen {on the log-in you just see lumps protruding as you do when standing still in-game}.

I does seem to affect females, but none of the males {and male companions} I viewed it on. Not sure what it would look like on a skinny male etc, but seems fine on normal type 2+ males bodies that I saw. I suppose I deserve it for trying to wear the set on a Jedi sage lol...at least with the dye I chose it is slightly minimized visually.

I will keep wearing it after the effort, but hope they fix it soon.

Edited by Urantia

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.