a very weird pvp flagging bug on pvp server

Sangrar

I am on the west coast pvp server The Bastion. For a while now I have occasionally noticed and error where players did not get flagged for pvp while in open world.

Today, for some reason, when I entered the pvp area of the Gree Event, after teleporting from base to that location I wasn't flagged for pvp. Normally when I have been teleporting there all this week I got flagged. Apparently, from what I have seen, occasionally the system fails to flag a player when transitioning from areas, very occasionally from how little I see it.

Either way, just letting you guys know, I should have been flagged in that area yet for some reason I wasn't, I only discovered so when I saw the nameplates on several Republic players appearing as yellow and not red, and I tried to toggle the flag on from there and it wouldn't let me, I had to quicktravel to a sanctuary and back out for it to flag me again.

I got pictures here

here

and here

when flagged it will usually be green and my character icon on my task bar will indicate so

I went back 10 minutes later and it didn't happen again, so it appears to be an occasional, random bug

just letting you guys know

Edited by Sangrar

I've seen the same thing today as well, and I believe it even happened during 1.7 when the Gree Event was first released. As far as I can tell, it is just a display issue inside the base since it is a sanctuary. Even though it shows you to not be flagged, once you leave the base, you can be flagged again. Also, I've seen screenshots of unflagged players in the PvP area two years ago; this is not a recent bug.

This bug is hard to reproduce and there is very little information on it so I don't know for sure, and I also don't think they should take the time to investigate it. There are way more pressing issues than this.

Edited by Jerba