The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Episode VII rumor for Han

Suromir

Apparently the big-bad of Ep VII kills Han, giving Ford his wish from Jedi, allowing the "heroes" to escape, chewie being one of them, aboard the Falcon...

Luke only appears briefly at the end as his lightsaber is returned to him..

Should check out Rumor Control on the "full of sith" podcast (no not mine) if you're interested in ep 7 news.

normally I ignore rumors etc like this but given Ford's age the concerns that he might not survive to see the end of the trilogy has to be there. so a way out after the first movie makes some sense

Not to mention he was injured on the set. We also have concept art of chewie with a cybernetic arm and I can see chewie getting seriously injured while protecting Han. They also stated it's going to be the darkest star wars movie ever made. It wouldn't be that dark without some character deaths. Combine this with Harrison Ford's age? It's a safe bet to assume he's not making it to the end.

normally I ignore rumors etc like this but given Ford's age the concerns that he might not survive to see the end of the trilogy has to be there. so a way out after the first movie makes some sense

well there's that but more so that it's a pretty well known fact that Ford wanted Han killed off in Jedi, and I can very well see that Ford ONLY AGREED to even be in Episode VII with the stipulation Han dies.

Also rumor has it Leia and Han are "estranged" (their relationship didn't work out) and she is in charge of a "3rd Deathstar" and has to make the decision whether or not to use it to destroy another "superweapon housed in a planet"

Well, if memory serves me right, Han was supposed to die by the end of Return of the Jedi. I guess this is the second best thing in his book.

Depending on how they handle it, it may be worth watching the film in the cinema after all. :D

Unrelated, but he's gonna reprise his role as Deckard for the Blade Runner sequel. For that one, I'm really fearful.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, if memory serves me right, Han was supposed to die by the end of Return of the Jedi. I guess this is the second best thing in his book.

Depending on how they handle it, it may be worth watching the film in the cinema after all. :D

Unrelated, but he's gonna reprise his role as Deckard for the Blade Runner sequel. For that one, I'm really fearful.

I thought declared was supposed to be an android? How would they explain the ageing? Also are there makeing sequels and reboots to every franchise and movie from the 80s with any success?

I thought declared was supposed to be an android? How would they explain the ageing? Also are there makeing sequels and reboots to every franchise and movie from the 80s with any success?

There's always been disagreement on that one. ;)

As far as Ridley Scott is concerned, Deckard was a Replicant; for Harrison Ford, he was human.

I believe Hampton Fancher, one of the screenwriters, also says Deckard was human.

Regardless, if one takes into account Scott's Final Cut, I do think Deckard comes across as a Replicant.

That aside, good question. :D

Edited by Darth_Wicked