Returning to my Sage

Stryges

'Allo all -

I recently returned to the game after a long (LONG) absence (I guess I was first in the second round of beta invites, I forget). Because I am a glutton and one always loves their first character the most, I leveled my scrapper to 60. Now I am thinking of running my Sage up. However, I haven't played him since 3.0 dropped. Before I happily and lazily ran through content as balance.

Here is my question: what should I spec for my sage (TK or Balance) for leveling up and tooling around on my own. Most of the time I ran with HK as a comp before.

Thanks in advance!

Definitely TK.

Burst is great, and so is AoE with +25% storm dmg utility.

Balance is a little soft for solo because of the dependence on dots, but still viable of course. In the end, play what's fun. I just don't find 3.0+ balance fun.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have started running Tk, and it seems fun, but as always, when starting a spec from a high level after being away for a while, I sometimes feel like I am just hitting procs and things happen without me actually planning much.

I am SLOWLY getting back into him.

I agree, running TK has been easier for me when playing my sage. There's more instant death so to speak when I run around doing dailies with either Nadia or Lt. Iresso. I tried running Balance and I liked it, but if you want things to go quicker, go TK. (I also like the animations of TK far better but that's just me!)