The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVP - VG tank utility points

das_low

I've searched the forums and google but have not found any direction or discussion on how to optimally spend my utility points for PVP tanking.

I currently run 15% speed, 50% slow debuff, time red. tenacity and HtL; HtL time ext., stealth scan stun, AOE taunt reflect, and finally HtL speed boost. I find this works well for playing the objectives in WZ but it is obviously not built for ranked or the prototypical tank role.

It'd be greatly appreciated if someone would point me towards a source or offer their own experience with the new system!

Edited by das_low

If you're going to focus on HtL so much, I would take the 10 second HtL instead of the stealth scan stun. It will help even more with objectives, especially running the huttball.

This is how I build my tank when I don't have a healer pal -

The 50% slow is basically mandatory. I also take the reduced HtL cd, and take the increased range in the first tier.

Taking the reflect on taunt is a no-brainer, and then I take the 10 second HtL for the reason I pointed out above.

Last tier, 45% speed increase and shoulder cannon heal. Helps your survivability a lot.

Running the huttball with this set up is pretty fun.

If you're going to focus on HtL so much, I would take the 10 second HtL instead of the stealth scan stun. It will help even more with objectives, especially running the huttball.

This is how I build my tank when I don't have a healer pal -

The 50% slow is basically mandatory. I also take the reduced HtL cd, and take the increased range in the first tier.

Taking the reflect on taunt is a no-brainer, and then I take the 10 second HtL for the reason I pointed out above.

Last tier, 45% speed increase and shoulder cannon heal. Helps your survivability a lot.

Running the huttball with this set up is pretty fun.

^^^Exactly my build for tanking in regs, works well..Definitely drop the stealth scan for the 10 sec Htl.