Cartel Armor

Zeanox

Hi

If i buy armor from the cartel store, will i then have access to it on all of my char or only on one?

And will item mods be an issue with end game gear?

When you first buy an armor set off of the Cartel Market, it will be completely unbound - you can use it on any character or trade / sell it as you wish. Once you actually equip the armor, however, it becomes bound to that individual character.

The Collections Menu (accessible from the Cartel Market Screen or your Inventory screen) allows you to 'reclaim' copies of armor you have bound to one of your characters, allowing that character to get additional copies of the armor at no cost. If you pay a one-time (per armor set) Cartel Coin cost in the Collections Menu, you can 'unlock' the armor on all characters on your account, allowing any / all of your characters to reclaim additional copies of that armor.

Two important limitations on Reclaiming / Unlocking armors through the Collections Menu:

1. You can only unlock / reclaim armor if you have the complete set - so you cannot, for example just reclaim Revan's Mask after getting it, you need to have equipped all the pieces of that set on the same character for it to count. You can "preview" a set in the Collections Menu to see exactly what pieces each set requires.
    -
  2. Some items, mainly those that come with Mods already equipped in them or items that are only available from CM Reputation Vendors, cannot have additional copies reclaimed. It will say so in the item's description of the Collections Menu - something along the lines of "Additional copies may only be obtained from [X]" - if you cannot reclaim additional copies through Collections.

Edited by DarthDymond

Okay so if i get some new endgame armor i can just take out the mods and put it in my gear?

With the collection can i reclaim the item on the char that has the set already and then send it to another char?

Sorry for the Questions, but it's a bit confusing :) it's a lot of cartel coins.

Okay so if i get some new endgame armor i can just take out the mods and put it in my gear?

With the collection can i reclaim the item on the char that has the set already and then send it to another char?

Sorry for the Questions, but it's a bit confusing :) it's a lot of cartel coins.

You can pull the mods out of endgame sets and put them into the Cartel Market Armor, it will be just as effective as if you were using the original end-game armor (shells are just cosmetic until you start giving them Augment slots).

Every Armor you reclaim through the Collections Menu is bound to the character that reclaimed it - so you can't get around the Collections 'unlock' price just by mailing the copies between your characters.