Decided to put an end to the ranked misery

Bobbafatter

Why? There is zero reason one has anything whatsoever to do with the other.

Did you get asked to give up your vanish to survive.. no, you got it buffed... yet you somehow think we should lose a key skill which is almost the only real pvp utility we have, in order to live for more than 5 seconds?

Really?

How about no

It actually does...you guys play ranged, we don't. you guys have a problem with close quarter combat? Simple... build distance...electro net is the ability to do so.... Got a problem with getting globaled? Pop your shield, adrenaline Rush and keep it movin! Idk how many times I've seen good merc/mandos use those pro utilities to evade a 4 second beating where as a sentinel just stands there and looks pretty while getting murdered. And as for our stealth, the reason we get it buffed is because we try to get close we get rooted on the spot...our stealth tries to break roots...BAM!! get rooted again by either awe or a troopers scanner. And third, the only reason I said that you should lose electro net is because if you guys got a "GOD MODE" cd you guys would be a wonderfully OP class.

It actually does...you guys play ranged, we don't. you guys have a problem with close quarter combat? Simple... build distance...electro net is the ability to do so.... Got a problem with getting globaled? Pop your shield, adrenaline Rush and keep it movin! Idk how many times I've seen good merc/mandos use those pro utilities to evade a 4 second beating where as a sentinel just stands there and looks pretty while getting murdered. And as for our stealth, the reason we get it buffed is because we try to get close we get rooted on the spot...our stealth tries to break roots...BAM!! get rooted again by either awe or a troopers scanner. And third, the only reason I said that you should lose electro net is because if you guys got a "GOD MODE" cd you guys would be a wonderfully OP class.

It would be the first time in the history of SWTOR that Mercs would be a "wonderfully OP class" in pvp... I'm ok with it.

ah yes. the "ranged" argument.. you want some cheese with that whine? seriously you chose a melee class.

aside from that every argument you posted is great in theory, but in practice, fails.

do you really think anything you posted hasnt occurred to those of us that actually play the class?

lets see.. net, cleanable... shield.. crap, far less than sorc equivalent, bottom line you sir are guessing.. you dont know the reality of it.. oh and that range is easily close with your leap to so... care to try again or just accept that youre not right on this one

ah yes. the "ranged" argument.. you want some cheese with that whine? seriously you chose a melee class.

aside from that every argument you posted is great in theory, but in practice, fails.

do you really think anything you posted hasnt occurred to those of us that actually play the class?

lets see.. net, cleanable... shield.. crap, far less than sorc equivalent, bottom line you sir are guessing.. you dont know the reality of it.. oh and that range is easily close with your leap to so... care to try again or just accept that youre not right on this one

It seems to me sir that you have a hard time playing your class...CORRECTION! not knowing how to play your class. Might I suggest you do a little more research on merc/mando CDs and rotations to counter everything you just listed as a problem for you. There are numerous guides here on the forums that might be of some good use to you...Oh and for the "our shield is not as equivalent as a sorc's" statement, there is a solution to that as well....Roll a Sorc.

It seems to me sir that you have a hard time playing your class...CORRECTION! not knowing how to play your class. Might I suggest you do a little more research on merc/mando CDs and rotations to counter everything you just listed as a problem for you. There are numerous guides here on the forums that might be of some good use to you...Oh and for the "our shield is not as equivalent as a sorc's" statement, there is a solution to that as well....Roll a Sorc.

lets settle this.. try one, i dare ya.. then come back with this nonsense.. especially in rankeds. then explain to us these magical pearls of wisdom youre pulling out of your arse and how the other 99% of us are wrong.

and no, i wont roll a sorc, i will never play fotm, i leave that to the wimps that need help.. i play what i like... though i might suggest to you since you seem to have ranged envy you might wish to try one.

Edited by Floplag

lets settle this.. try one, i dare ya.. then come back with this nonsense.. especially in rankeds. then explain to us these magical pearls of wisdom youre pulling out of your arse and how the other 99% of us are wrong.

and no, i wont roll a sorc, i will never play fotm, i leave that to the wimps that need help.. i play what i like... though i might suggest to you since you seem to have ranged envy you might wish to try one.

So you will never play FOTM huh?? Now I'm hoping they give you guys a "OH S***!" CD not because it will stop the complaining of you guys being priority targets in ranked or regs, but just to personally see what you will complain about next :D

So you will never play FOTM huh?? Now I'm hoping they give you guys a "OH S***!" CD not because it will stop the complaining of you guys being priority targets in ranked or regs, but just to personally see what you will complain about next :D

Have you ever seen me or 90% of the pother mercs complain about anything else? We saw a ton of Maras complain about their defense and you got buffed.. imagine that... are we bad guys for asking for the same consideration?

This guy. Stop trolling. Worry about your own class in your own forum.

I edited after I reread this;

It actually does...you guys play ranged, we don't. you guys have a problem with close quarter combat? Simple... build distance...electro net is the ability to do so.... Got a problem with getting globaled? Pop your shield, adrenaline Rush and keep it movin! Idk how many times I've seen good merc/mandos use those pro utilities to evade a 4 second beating where as a sentinel just stands there and looks pretty while getting murdered.

You don't know anything about dps merc (Got a problem with getting globaled? Pop your shield, adrenaline Rush and keep it movin! Idk how many times I've seen good merc/mandos use those pro utilities to evade a 4 LOL) and from what I've seen of good mara's --friends and adversaries -- you don't know anything about that class either (see how that works?)

Edited by TracyKirkham

Have you ever seen me or 90% of the pother mercs complain about anything else? We saw a ton of Maras complain about their defense and you got buffed.. imagine that... are we bad guys for asking for the same consideration?

Well your right about that...there are a truckload of QQing going on in the Sents forums. As for me I try to keep away from complaining about my class since I see no real problem with it. To me my dps and my survival in wz's and ranked are not an issue..HOWEVER i do believe some classes need their cd's super nerfed to balance out. For example, the Jugg/guardian DPS disciplines do not need focused defense and 2 healing CD's.

Well your right about that...there are a truckload of QQing going on in the Sents forums. As for me I try to keep away from complaining about my class since I see no real problem with it. To me my dps and my survival in wz's and ranked are not an issue..HOWEVER i do believe some classes need their cd's super nerfed to balance out. For example, the Jugg/guardian DPS disciplines do not need focused defense and 2 healing CD's.

When you do ranked, or even 4 man regs im quite sure if there is a merc on the other teams youve been told to focus it.. did it ever occur to you why that was the case?

the answer is simple, we have no effective tools to counter the focused assault. we have tools, but they are for the most part ineffective doing very little in reality. we do not have an aggro drop.. you do.. and what we do have is largley light beer versions of what others have.

you see a shield and you think its the same things on a merc as it is the sorc.. it isnt. you see of fhealsand thinks its some great things.. got news for you juggs can self heal better than we can most of the time in the same time frame and theirs is passive. You fear the net, perhaps rightfully so its the one thing we bring that people want us for.. but it hardly counters our weaknesses or helps keep us alive

When you do ranked, or even 4 man regs im quite sure if there is a merc on the other teams youve been told to focus it.. did it ever occur to you why that was the case?

the answer is simple, we have no effective tools to counter the focused assault. we have tools, but they are for the most part ineffective doing very little in reality. we do not have an aggro drop.. you do.. and what we do have is largley light beer versions of what others have.

you see a shield and you think its the same things on a merc as it is the sorc.. it isnt. you see of fhealsand thinks its some great things.. got news for you juggs can self heal better than we can most of the time in the same time frame and theirs is passive. You fear the net, perhaps rightfully so its the one thing we bring that people want us for.. but it hardly counters our weaknesses or helps keep us alive

Hence the reason why I asked would you give the net up for a God CD? I feel your pain about getting focused first I really do....but let's be fair, if you have a mando and a sent on the enemy team who is the first priority target? ONLY time a merc gets focused first is when they are healing. To me it's not about what cd's you have, it's how you utilize them...if I get focused first round and I know I'm getting focused, I'll go YOLO and give them a solid 16 seconds of hell,while my team focus either the healer or the one putting out the most dps. I'll pop the right buffs at the right time to prolong the slaughter to make either one of two things happen....either they are gonna peal to the healer or change targets.

Hence the reason why I asked would you give the net up for a God CD? I feel your pain about getting focused first I really do....but let's be fair, if you have a mando and a sent on the enemy team who is the first priority target? ONLY time a merc gets focused first is when they are healing. To me it's not about what cd's you have, it's how you utilize them...if I get focused first round and I know I'm getting focused, I'll go YOLO and give them a solid 16 seconds of hell,while my team focus either the healer or the one putting out the most dps. I'll pop the right buffs at the right time to prolong the slaughter to make either one of two things happen....either they are gonna peal to the healer or change targets.

im sorry but no.. a dps merc gets focused more than a healer will as we die significantly faster making the fight a 4-3. But since were on cooldowns.. lets talk about that.. you have the ace in the hole to vanish and stop all aggro... therefore if you die before using that its a you problem

now, lets talk about mercs.. what do i have to limit the focus on me.. please.. tell me what knowledge you have to suggest any ability to even suggest an attacker consider hitting someone else... go ahead.. ill wait. actually no i wont.. the answer is nothing. you said it yourself... you pop the right things at the right time and someone will think about a peel or target swap.. heck you can force it... i cant.. i have nothing at all to even make the idea enter their mind. once engaged, i die. you can extend for 16 seconds... im lucky to live half that time. its a little thing called time to kill or TTK.. mercs have by far the shortest in the game, period.

im sorry but no.. a dps merc gets focused more than a healer will as we die significantly faster making the fight a 4-3. But since were on cooldowns.. lets talk about that.. you have the ace in the hole to vanish and stop all aggro... therefore if you die before using that its a you problem

now, lets talk about mercs.. what do i have to limit the focus on me.. please.. tell me what knowledge you have to suggest any ability to even suggest an attacker consider hitting someone else... go ahead.. ill wait. actually no i wont.. the answer is nothing. you said it yourself... you pop the right things at the right time and someone will think about a peel or target swap.. heck you can force it... i cant.. i have nothing at all to even make the idea enter their mind. once engaged, i die. you can extend for 16 seconds... im lucky to live half that time. its a little thing called time to kill or TTK.. mercs have by far the shortest in the game, period.

lol we can continue to go back and fourth till our fingers bleed on who has more survivability...this has been by far the most entertaining toilet read ever, but now it's time for me to wipe my a** with this forum thread and carry on. You say mercs have less survivability then Sents but the Leaderboards say otherwise. Apparently there are some good mercs in the top 100 who might have some good survival techniques that they can teach you about how to adapt to getting focused, were as sentinels....yep you guessed it....can't even spell top 100 let alone be in it this season....oh and for the record Electro net trumps force camo EVERY TIME!! It all just comes down to, as you quoted me "timing your CD's". Still stumped? here's a scenario...,

Cryo grenade->pushback--> electro net.... GG!

*flush*

My God, you truly have absolutely --

No.

Bloody.

Idea.

--what the f you're talking about, do you.

None.

Please: You're trolling, right? Right??!

Nicely done if so. 8/10.

Only a BioWare dev could be this clueless, so that's the only other alternative that makes sense.

Edited by midianlord

lol we can continue to go back and fourth till our fingers bleed on who has more survivability...this has been by far the most entertaining toilet read ever, but now it's time for me to wipe my a** with this forum thread and carry on. You say mercs have less survivability then Sents but the Leaderboards say otherwise. Apparently there are some good mercs in the top 100 who might have some good survival techniques that they can teach you about how to adapt to getting focused, were as sentinels....yep you guessed it....can't even spell top 100 let alone be in it this season....oh and for the record Electro net trumps force camo EVERY TIME!! It all just comes down to, as you quoted me "timing your CD's". Still stumped? here's a scenario...,

Cryo grenade->pushback--> electro net.... GG!

*flush*

yeah at this point im thinking you are just trolling.. its either that or you truly have no clue.

the mercs on the leaderboard are by and large healers.. different animal, different discussion, though they still suffer from the lack of DCDs but have significantly better heals to at least help a little.

Im sorry that you can get out of the one freaking thing we have to counter you... but you know as well as i do that the minute you are on me im in deep doodoo so.

i think the reality here is that you need to learn to do more than force leap and pew pew and perhaps the issues here is that instead of us needing to learn our class, you perhaps need to learn to better use your own .