Combat - More Tank Focus?

Halorinn

DISCLAIMER: I'm pretty new to playing a Sentinel.

The general vibe I'm getting is that Combat has the best burst potential of the 3 specs, but overall DPS struggles to stay on board with the others. It's also been made somewhat simplistic. My question is..

Can we give Combat some abilities that make it into more of a viable tank/off-tank?

I think it'd give some unique reasons to play that spec, and could add versatility in PvP if it had some kind of taunt or more staying power.

DISCLAIMER: I'm pretty new to playing a Sentinel.

The general vibe I'm getting is that Combat has the best burst potential of the 3 specs, but overall DPS struggles to stay on board with the others. It's also been made somewhat simplistic. My question is..

Can we give Combat some abilities that make it into more of a viable tank/off-tank?

I think it'd give some unique reasons to play that spec, and could add versatility in PvP if it had some kind of taunt or more staying power.

If you'd like to really understand Combat spec please check out my 3.0 Combat Sentinel Guide. That will help you really understand the spec and its potential, which in my opinion rivals that of Concentration (and Watchman depending on the fight/mechanics).

Marauder doesn't need DCDs as it is a DPS class. It needs more mobility to be able to dps.

As for carnage, it his a hybrid spec meant for both burst and sustainable damage. Fury is the burst spec and anni is the sustainment spec.

If you'd like to really understand Combat spec please check out my 3.0 Combat Sentinel Guide. That will help you really understand the spec and its potential, which in my opinion rivals that of Concentration (and Watchman depending on the fight/mechanics).

As for your guide I have seen some errors. First you state that gore respects the GCD when in fact it does not. Also, using ravage during gore is a must I completely disagree. It may be the best for PvE (I don't know as I haven't tested it myself) but in the PvP environment using gore DB and VT pouts out more damage.

Edited by Ld-Siris

Hey man thanks for catching that. Not sure how the hell i missed that lol, it was suppose to read "DOES NOT". I went ahead and updated that though. As far as the guide PvE vs PvP its more so implied (and if you read through it completely you can tell) its a PvE based guide and not PvP. In fact you'd be hard pressed to find a written guide for PvP as there is so much negativity surrounding the class right now toward that end. Most guides (to include Dulfy) are written towards PvE, same as mine. Again though, thanks for the Precision catch :D

Yes I have seen most guides are centered around PvE. I did make a carnage video guide that I uploaded to YouTube that is centered around PvP as I did quite a few tests and I noticed a lot of marauders not understanding the changes with 3.0. I would have completely read your guide but I'm not very pub term savvy so some of the things escape me. I should work on that as I do have a sent but my main is a marauder and 99% of the time I am playing on the empire side. Edited by Ld-Siris