[Possible bug] Cannot use Cover or Exfiltrate in Yavin Combat Arena decoration

Jerba

The newest pack added a new combat arena as a decoration, very likely to allow players to create 1v1 PvP duels inside their strongholds, since it has the right size for it and a lot of possibility to create LoS.

Based on this premise, I believe that the following is not working as intended:

• Smugglers/Imperial Agents cannot take cover, or use their roll (Exfiltrate/Scamper) while standing on the Yavin Combat Arena decoration. When trying to use it, they get the error message "Not usable in air".

This is the same issue as with all other decorations; they do not count as actual ground.

Therefore, this decoration cannot be fully used as a dueling arena. You can very likely not fix this bug since it is an engine limitation, but please keep it in mind when designing future arenas since this bug removes a lot of the functionality of this decoration.

http://i.imgur.com/VUMJigQ.jpg

Edited by Jerba

I feel the same way. I don't have one of these so I can't test it to see if this bug occurs, but based on how other decorations function, I have to assume it does work this way.

If that's the case, this really does need to be fixed. As it stands, there's really no Starship hook which makes sense as a location to place the Yavin Arena in, just for looks. If someone buys this, it's generally for the purposes of dueling. This really should be fixed so players can properly use this decoration to its fullest potential.

I don't think this is an easy fix, but it would be nice if it could be done.

Edited by idnewton

After some more testing, I feel obliged to clarify: It is possible to take cover/roll in the center part of the arena (the small bright part in the middle) but not on the outer part, probably because the center is low enough to count as ground.

But even that won't help too much since the interesting part of the decoration is using the pillars for LoS and not fighting it out in the center.

Other classes are not affected, they can use all their abilities just fine.

Just lower the outer ring and keep the pillars, pretty please? :)

And please add another, slightly smaller Combat Arena as a Centerpiece hook. There really is a lot of demand (aka CM revenue) for a dueling arena, provided you can make it right. :rolleyes:

Edited by Jerba