Pay players to deal with credit spammers

Soul_of_Flames

Follow me with this:

In the report a player menu, a new choice for "credit spammer" should be made.

Basically, players should be given a "quota." That quota is to meet a certain amount of credit spammers per week (or month w/e). If they meet that quota, they get 50 cartel coins or something.

The way it would work would be like this:

-Player sees spammer and reports him.

-After X amount of reports, that player is auto-muted in chat.

-Moderators review reported players.

-If a moderator finds them to be a spammer, then every player who reported them gets a point towards their quota.

-If a moderator finds them NOT to be a spammer, then every player who reported them would receive some sort of tangable punishment. (Short suspentsion, for example).

Doing this lets players do the hard job for you and make some rewards in the process.

Also, precautions should be made to prevent exploitation. Such as tracking emails given for free accounts as well as IPs and whatever else. That would prevent people from making fake spammer accounts and reporting themselves.

1. Getting rid of credit spammers, -sellers AND -buyers should be the ultimate reward already. If anyone needs cartel coins as reward for reporting those vermin, they are already part of the problem, not part of the solution.

2. Any method, that can automatically block a character can and will be abused.

3. Every dumbo with basic internet knowledge can setup a myriad of acounts, without leaving a trace of either mail or IP to their main char. if you take two people working together, it would be even more easy... heck, even the real credit sellers would report their accounts in circles, in oder to gain cartel coins, which they would turn into credits to sell.

in short: this is not the solution you are looking for.

I'm pretty sure that offering compensation for reporting credit spammers would lead to immediate conflict with minimum wage laws. As a player I report the spammers (when feasible) because I want the scum of the game scraped off, but if I were to get paid for it, it would introduce a whole new set of demands that are better reserved for my RL job.

I do, however, agree that the report spam function can and should be far more efficient.