The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Personal Starship Name and Hull Color Dyes?

DeralElfor

I'm not talking about the Guild Flagship, I'm talking about the starship you get after the Prologue (Defender-class, Fury, etc.).

People love customizing & I doubt anyone will stop customizing their character(s) anytime soon. So why not do the same for the starship? For example, what if someone were to put a "Deep Blue and Light Orange" dye on the Defender-class & rather than have it "Jedi's Ship", it can be (Insert Random Name chosen)?

Back in the early days I suggested being able to name your own ship and that, even if in conversation someone might say "the ship" in writing they would put the name of the ship in.

But I am not even sure that that happens more than a handful of times for anyone.

Probably wouldn't be that difficult to do, but it would matter so little that it probably wouldn't seem like something anyone would feel is worth doing.

The coloring thing, though? Yeah, I was on that early and remain there now.

For all they won't allow us to rearrange our ships due to cut scenes (why not just have all cut-scenes occur in a single location on the ship that can't be changed, but let us organize the remainder of the ship to our liking?), I can't think of any reason why we shouldn't be able to change the exterior colors.

Seems like it would be relatively easy to change the colors for those cut-scenes, hangar shots, and space combat.

Put some colors combos in the cartel market and add some more in cartel packs so they can earn some money and help pay their own way.

But I am no programmer. Maybe there is a lot more to it than I think.

Or maybe they just don't think that there is a market for it; That there aren't that many people that play space missions, which is where I think that the biggest audience would be for this. The more time someone spends looking at the ship exterior, the more you would be particular about the colors of the ship.