The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Bounty Hunter Story

GuyverIII

Hello all,

I just have a quick question in regards to the Bounty Hunter story. In the Prologue and intro of the story, is the character you portray an already established Bounty Hunter? with intention to get into the great hunt? OR is he a simple Gunfighter that is looking to BECOME a bounty hunter and that is why Braden has scouted him out? I would like to know because the choices I intend to make and mindset with which I go through the story depends on this answer.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me some input and guidance, cheers!

Edited by GuyverIII
Grammer

I had always assumed the player character was an established bounty hunter who was breaking into the big times with help from Braden and co., but looking back on what's specifically said in the intro and opening missions it's actually left ambiguous enough that you can play it either way - you are a skilled gunman, and a tough customer, but beyond that nothing definitively says you ever hunted bounties before teaming up with Braden. There's also nothing that indicates you haven't been using those skills as a bounty hunter already.

The only thing that gets close to the matter is that Braden says (or can say, depending on your choices) "you just lack experience" but even that can be interpreted either way - you're a gunslinger who hasn't got any experience as a Bounty Hunter yet, or you're already a bounty hunter but just don't have as much experience as Braden himself.

Looks like it is deliberately ambiguous so you can make your own back-story without contradicting either scenario. I'd say go with whichever background you think is more interesting for the character you want to play.

You were scouted by Braden because of your skills. It is up to you if it is Hunter skills or just skill with your gun in general. I never put any deep thought into it but I always assumed that you were a freelancer bounty hunter before Branden recruited you. On a side note none of this will matter after you get off the starter world. The things you should consider when playing is if you want to be light, dark, or attempt to stay neutral. If you want to be pro empire or just work for them but kinda just do what you want. Finally if you are the type to spill the bean about who hired you or keep it a secret. These are the choices you will make in just about every mission as a bounty hunter. It also helps if you research your advance class now before the option comes to choose because once you say this is the advance class you want, you are stuck.