[Bug] Quartermaster Bulo HM Barrel Throw mechanic

Sindariel

There are many speculations and reports in this forum that the "Barrel Throw" Mechanic in the Quartermaster Bulo encounter in the Ravagers operation is currently not working as intended.

Several people in this forum have mentioned that originally, Bulo's Barrel Throw was intended to place an AoE on the ground that does it's damage over time and you could avoid that damage by simply walking out of it.

However, currently Barrel Throw does it's full damage instantly on hit instead of over time.

In 8m HM this is an instant ~30k hit of unavoidable, unpredictable damage and often leads to the players death if he's not at full health or gets hit by Load Lifters at the same time, which makes this encounter a pure russian roulette game.

There are also reports that other damage numbers in this encounter may be off, too. I'm going to quote this from another thread:

After reviewing some video of 8 man HM Bulo that was made before the patch on the 16th of December, we noticed that things, at least for us, hit ALOT harder after the patch.

For example, before the 16th patch

barrel throw ~7k-12k

scatter blaster ~ 8k-12k

load lifters~8k-12k each

circles~10k-15k a tick.

After the 16th patch

barrel throw ~20k-30k

scatter blaster ~ 20k-30k

load lifters~20k-25k each

circles~20k-30k 1 tick

Edited by Sindariel

I remember this quote, but I honestly can't agree with it. He must have watched a PTS video or something. I wiped on that boss first week it came out and we were taking huge amounts of damage from barrel throw/lifters and you would have 2 lifters on one person (which is not the case now). The fight at the moment is simply much much easier than before and you could only die to personal mistakes, such as someone taking ticks of damage from the blue circle, wrong people getting hit by scatter blast, etc.

As for the intended barrel throw damage I have now idea if they wanted it as an AOE dot or not, the graphics would suggest that is the case.

I remember this quote, but I honestly can't agree with it. He must have watched a PTS video or something. I wiped on that boss first week it came out and we were taking huge amounts of damage from barrel throw/lifters and you would have 2 lifters on one person (which is not the case now). The fight at the moment is simply much much easier than before and you could only die to personal mistakes, such as someone taking ticks of damage from the blue circle, wrong people getting hit by scatter blast, etc.

As for the intended barrel throw damage I have now idea if they wanted it as an AOE dot or not, the graphics would suggest that is the case.

That's why i'm bringing this up in the bug forum, in hope to get an official clarification.

Yes and in 16 man SM/HM the damage is also increased making it even more annoying.

The graphic visual to ME seems like it's supposed to be damage over time since it leaves a burning puddle.

The fact is that in the current state it's ONE TIME instant damage that can't be avoided.

Should be a ONE time HIT of 25% of the current damage and then 3 seconds (I think the puddle is 3 sec) for the remaining ticks at 25% each. (IE: Get out of stupid or you lose HP)

People should be rewarded for MOVING out of STUPID. Right now you get hit ... big deal don't move.

I was just in an 8man HM raid where Bulo does his barrel throw and it hits a random player for around 30k instantly. I wonder the same thing....is it suppose to be an instant hit and is it unavoidable? Seems like there should be something you can do about an attack that is basically a one shot....needs to be some way to avoid that damage.....a tank taking scatter blast and possibly damage from the pirates also gets mining carts and on top of that a barrel toss hit for 30k....seems like they have no chance and as a tank I will say that I have gotten all of the above at once during many pulls of Bulo and it's a wipe every time....you cannot possibly survive that. There has to be a way to avoid that damage from the barrel toss. Just looking for input. Thank you