Sentinel Help! Coming back to the game

MarcoTrowalker

Hey guys, I'm coming back to the game after 7 months off and I have no idea what's going on with the sentinel class. I used to play Watchman but I can't find any guides on it. They all seem to be Combat. If anyone can help me out with the Watchman spec, or if another spec is more viable, please share.

Hit the PTS they're screwing around with sent/mar they decided for some weird reason everything they had up to 3.0 was op so they SUPANERFED them. So now after all our fears come true and the super epic fun time devs are going to try and gimp it back up, but slowly this game can hardly keep up with so many ppl playing it now. Edited by mcpark
sorry darkside is shinning today

Since the poster above literally gave you zero help or advice allow me to.

For Watchman spec check out Oofalong's guide. He's very knowlegeable and reputable within the Sentinel community and will get you on the right path with his guide if you're interested in playing Watchman. Here's the link http://dulfy.net/2015/01/23/swtor-3-0-sentinel-watchman-dps-guide-by-oofalong/

For Combat spec i'd like to direct you over to my own guide. It should set you up with everything you need to get off the ground in Combat. It is a text guide with an optional video guide which works off the text guide. Here is the link http://forcedisciples.enjin.com/forum/m/5914987/viewthread/17942967-guide-combat-sentinel-30

With that said Concentration (I've Heard) is viable now in PvE and definitely in PvP. I'm not well versed with it and there are no guides up for it that i am aware of.

The specs still work the same as before:

Watchman - DoT spec/ Highest sustained single target damage

Combat - Burst spec with raw damage output/great sustained

Concentration - AoE spec with much better single target capability than pre 3.0

Hope that helps brother :D

I advise you to choose any of the other ACs.....Sentinel is in a place were he is not viable in any kind of Endcontent compared to other classes.

I agree with your statement about comparability, that is true, other classes do have it easier. However, I main a Sentinel and play Combat spec for that matter, and have no problem with any HM fights as they are. So, my advice would be play whatever you enjoy and aim to master whatever that is. Unless "Flavor of the Month" type playing is something you enjoy.

I agree with your statement about comparability, that is true, other classes do have it easier. However, I main a Sentinel and play Combat spec for that matter, and have no problem with any HM fights as they are. So, my advice would be play whatever you enjoy and aim to master whatever that is. Unless "Flavor of the Month" type playing is something you enjoy.

Still equal skill and equal gear, Sents will be outperformed by a far far range. Lucky for Sents per Pop we have much more skilled players then any other AC.....but by far the smalles population. If you want to raid in a Progressionguild a Sentinel will not be an option for the next 100 years^^

Still equal skill and equal gear, Sents will be outperformed by a far far range. Lucky for Sents per Pop we have much more skilled players then any other AC.....but by far the smalles population. If you want to raid in a Progressionguild a Sentinel will not be an option for the next 100 years^^

I hate to break it to you but... that's not true... the Marauder in my raid group is nearly equal gear to the entire rest of the team, and he pulls about 300 - 400 more DPS than most of the team. (I know that atleast 1 team member refuses to use the Dulfy Opener [MM Sniper one] and I think 1 or 2 other members dont quite know their rotation properly. While me and the Marauder vie for first place [Me being Concealment Operative him being Carnage Marauder]) And, Me and him are on almost equal skill level. And for the most part, he's the last one to die in a wipe.

So, to the OP, Sentinel/Marauder is still viable, even in PvP if you have really good skill (Currently still gearing my Anni Mara in Reg gear and wiping the floor with Pubs on the Harbinger.) You just have to build that skill up over time.

Since the poster above literally gave you zero help or advice allow me to.

For Watchman spec check out Oofalong's guide. He's very knowlegeable and reputable within the Sentinel community and will get you on the right path with his guide if you're interested in playing Watchman. Here's the link http://dulfy.net/2015/01/23/swtor-3-0-sentinel-watchman-dps-guide-by-oofalong/

For Combat spec i'd like to direct you over to my own guide. It should set you up with everything you need to get off the ground in Combat. It is a text guide with an optional video guide which works off the text guide. Here is the link http://forcedisciples.enjin.com/forum/m/5914987/viewthread/17942967-guide-combat-sentinel-30

With that said Concentration (I've Heard) is viable now in PvE and definitely in PvP. I'm not well versed with it and there are no guides up for it that i am aware of.

The specs still work the same as before:

Watchman - DoT spec/ Highest sustained single target damage

Combat - Burst spec with raw damage output/great sustained

Concentration - AoE spec with much better single target capability than pre 3.0

Hope that helps brother :D

That is a nice and easy to follow guide you put together, I bookmarked it and will use it quite often.

I just came back to the game after a two year absence and loved my Sentinel/Maurader but things changed from what I remember. It's going to take me some time to get used to again I think.

Again, thank you for the guide and I hope you keep it updated.

]

Ok so you want him to get used to how things are not how things are going to be in the very near future.

All I was trying to express was that Sentinels are still very viable. I run my combat Sentinel in a progression group and match server first type guilds in progression regularly if not beat them in downing certain boss fights. I've had people literally tell me that by playing my Sentinel i'm screwing my group and I should re-roll. Why should I? 9/10 times I do more damage than other classes anyway. Not because those other classes are incapable of doing more damage than mine but because i've played my Sentinel since Beta. I've seen it at its best and worst points in this game and I play it because I enjoy it. I consider myself extremely well versed and knowledgeable in its architecture and because of that generally gain the 1st or 2nd DPS spot on parsed fights not only in my own group but with PUGs and others I run with or help out. Every class in this game is viable and playable in endgame. I'm just not the type of player to go run a Sorcerer/Sage or Commando/Mercenary because they're the "Flavor of the Month". It's a game plain and simple, play what you enjoy playing. That was what I was trying to say :D

P.S.

To the Nebukenezzar thanks for the support brother and I will be keeping it up to date as new changes happen :)

Edited by Bahadori