The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jos Beroya Armor

Grolar

I do realize that we now have two Mandalorian armor sets in the game (Mandalorian Hunter and Shae Vizla). They're both great but personally I just can't play my PT without a jetpack and Shae's armor feels to slick. That's why I'd like to suggest adding Jos Beroya's armor to the game.

Front Side Back

What is different about this to the dozens of sets available in game now?

Every piece of that armor is in the game under various names as level 35+ gear

Similar? Maybe, but it's hardly the same. Apart from obvious differences in textures (lights, "wear and tare", overall better textura quality than +lvl 35 armor) this one has armor on the stomach, just like Mandalorian Hunter set and generic Mandalorian npc armor sets , also the leg piece has what looks like under armor .

http://i.imgur.com/ZO7GqO3.jpg

Also, I'm not entirely sure if the level 35+ sets can be considered Mandalorian, if they were people wouldn't ask for Mandalorian armor since 2012.

Edited by Grolar

Also, I'm not entirely sure if the level 35+ sets can be considered Mandalorian, if they were people wouldn't ask for Mandalorian armor since 2012.

Ok I'll bite.. I'm a HUGE mandalorian fan, the lore, the language, the rp the lot.. and I'm wondering exactly what you class as "Mandalorian" armour? because there isn't any specific look that goes with "mandalorian" aslong as its made from Beskar...its mandalorian.. which in this game some "mandalorian" rp guilds tend to forget and state 'you have to wear the BH gear to be a mandalorian' which is utter bs.. the only thing that is notable regarding the mandalorian look is the helmet T visor...otherwise its various bits of clothes or armour plates made from beskar

Ok I'll bite.. I'm a HUGE mandalorian fan, the lore, the language, the rp the lot.. and I'm wondering exactly what you class as "Mandalorian" armour? because there isn't any specific look that goes with "mandalorian" aslong as its made from Beskar

You're right about Beskar but considering that the game is set closer to the times of mando neo-crusaders than it is to the movies and mandalorians still have a standing army that actively supports the Empire (Vindicated's decision). Most mando npcs wear the Mandalorian Hunter texture type armor so i guess it can be said that it's their contemporary uniform. To me, the Mandalorian Hunter / Jos type armor looks like evolved neo-crusader armor and, since it's being worn by most mando npcs, is the mando armor of the era.

Edited by Grolar

• 3 weeks later...
I do realize that we now have two Mandalorian armor sets in the game (Mandalorian Hunter and Shae Vizla). They're both great but personally I just can't play my PT without a jetpack and Shae's armor feels to slick. That's why I'd like to suggest adding Jos Beroya's armor to the game.

Front Side Back

There's more than just 'two' Mandalorian Armor Sets, you listed only Mandalorian Hunter and Shae Vizla as the 'only two', then what are these ---- Mandalorian Clansman; Mandalore The Indomitable; Mandalore The Ultimate; Mandalore The Preserver; and Cassus Fett's Armor Set.

There's more than just 'two' Mandalorian Armor Sets, you listed only Mandalorian Hunter and Shae Vizla as the 'only two', then what are these ---- Mandalorian Clansman; Mandalore The Indomitable; Mandalore The Ultimate; Mandalore The Preserver; and Cassus Fett's Armor Set.

I should've been more specific, I meant two sets from SWTOR era (although I did forget about the Clansman set). What I'm trying to say is that we're still missing a rank and file Mando look that can be seen on several NPCs.

• 1 month later...

The more armor sets the merrier.

Also while you're at it BW... could you get rid of all the armor requirements, and make all the old sets adaptable... and remove the class requirements on the original legacy sets sold at the capitals. Jos' armor set would be a nice addition :)