Why are some mid-tier missions so difficult to get?

Prototypemind

I log out, I switch instances, I start missions before doing so, and no matter what, tier 1-4 missions remain extremely, extremely difficult to get Bountiful and Rich yields to appear. It's one thing when you're first leveling your character, but once you're maxed and need Bountiful and Rich to get purple mats it becomes a pain having to do this over and over again just to get the needed missions.

Is this really working as intended? I have literally not seen a tier 3 Rich yield UW trading mission in days.

I log out, I switch instances, I start missions before doing so, and no matter what, tier 1-4 missions remain extremely, extremely difficult to get Bountiful and Rich yields to appear. It's one thing when you're first leveling your character, but once you're maxed and need Bountiful and Rich to get purple mats it becomes a pain having to do this over and over again just to get the needed missions.

Is this really working as intended? I have literally not seen a tier 3 Rich yield UW trading mission in days.

If you are looking for grade 1 through 6 purple mats you can run ANY mission in that grade. It was only in grade 9 and 11 where bountiful and rich missions only yield purple mats. And there are certain grades of certain mission skills that will never generate bountiful or rich. i.e. grade 3 diplomacy on the pub side is limited to moderate and abundant only & one of the arch tiers only has one bountiful mission and zero rich.

If you are looking for grade 1 through 6 purple mats you can run ANY mission in that grade. It was only in grade 9 and 11 where bountiful and rich missions only yield purple mats. And there are certain grades of certain mission skills that will never generate bountiful or rich. i.e. grade 3 diplomacy on the pub side is limited to moderate and abundant only & one of the arch tiers only has one bountiful mission and zero rich.

Payout is still better for the Bountiful though, no? Even those take switching around over and over to pop on the low tiers. Just a part of crew skills that is about as annoying as it gets.

Yeah, this was changed a while back. The "flavor text" on the missions in question made it seem like you were supporting one of the factions. Instead of changing the silly flavor text, BioWare just removed the missions for the opposite faction. So if a mission seemed to support the Empire, it was made unavailable for the Republic, and vice versa. Why they thought this was a better idea, I have no idea, but it puts one faction at a disadvantage for farming certain mats.

Send your companions on the "trash missions", then switch instances and cancel all the missions (you get refunded), now the other missions appear. :cool:

edit: I'm not sure if a rich mission exists for every mat for every crewskill for every tier. Some tiers the best may be "bountiful".

Edited by PlanetLove

Send your companions on the "trash missions", then switch instances and cancel all the missions (you get refunded), now the other missions appear. :cool:

edit: I'm not sure if a rich mission exists for every mat for every crewskill for every tier. Some tiers the best may be "bountiful".

There are rich missions for every skill for every tier. But BioWare made some of them unavailable for one faction or the other due to the flavor text.

This also makes me realize how much they threw this together in some ways. Some missions are completely lacking for factions, other tiers have bloat. There are somewhere around 15 different missions on pub side, meaning even after running the first five I had available and clearing out the tray, when I switched instances I had seven new missions waiting, none of which were the Abundant, Bountiful, or Rich missions that I was wanting to run.

Usually I have such an abundance of materials that this isn't a big thing, but I'm trying to keep up with toons on a new server and this system is horribly, horribly frustrating. I'm definitely not paying 10K a metal on the GTN. This is just another headache on top of constant gold spammers and horribly buggy fights. /rant.