The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Energy Lode and Cell Burst/Tactics PvP questions

HKtheindomitable

Query: Is it just me, or do the Energy Lodes not increase the damage of Cell Burst like they should?

Clarification: My current gear is all Exhumed Combat Tech except for belt, bracer, Focused Retribution relic, and implants which are still Obroan with bracer and relic being the only augmented pieces with +32 aim.

Observation: When you have no stacks of Energy Lodes, Cell Burst indicates that it does 1397-1430 energy damage. With the Bleed, Sundered Armor, and Susceptible debuffs, that comes out to ~3200. However, when at all 4 stacks, the Cell Burst description says that it does 5587-5720. Quite often, I find myself doing only 3k, sometimes less. Even in PvE. I would agree that in PvP, that's due to damage reduction abilities.

Query: However, if the ~1400 becomes ~3200, shouldn't the almost 6k become higher which would also make the crit damage number higher too? Or do the damage reduction abilities make that big of a difference?

Request: I would also appreciate it if someone had a guide that I could view for PvP. I'm getting mowed down and it's getting annoying (specifically by Snipers and Gunslingers). I know my gear has to do with it, but I need something to get the right stats. I looked at Dulfy, but there's only the PvE guide and it has very little in the way of PvP focus.

Informative: If it helps anyone that reads this that is capable of helping my stats are as follows:

Bonus Dmage: Aim 2810, Cunning 164, Power 707, Tech Power 2024.

Tech Accuracy: 104.88%

Critical Chance: 28.57% (493 rating)

Critical Multiplier: 67.68% (Surge Rating 316)

Alacrity: 2.07% (158 rating)

Query: Is it just me, or do the Energy Lodes not increase the damage of Cell Burst like they should?

Clarification: My current gear is all Exhumed Combat Tech except for belt, bracer, Focused Retribution relic, and implants which are still Obroan with bracer and relic being the only augmented pieces with +32 aim.

Observation: When you have no stacks of Energy Lodes, Cell Burst indicates that it does 1397-1430 energy damage. With the Bleed, Sundered Armor, and Susceptible debuffs, that comes out to ~3200. However, when at all 4 stacks, the Cell Burst description says that it does 5587-5720. Quite often, I find myself doing only 3k, sometimes less. Even in PvE. I would agree that in PvP, that's due to damage reduction abilities.

I don't PvE so I can only comment on PvP. Yes, I would suggest that this is probably due to Defense stats (e.g. Armor Rating) and your gear.

Request: I would also appreciate it if someone had a guide that I could view for PvP. I'm getting mowed down and it's getting annoying (specifically by Snipers and Gunslingers). I know my gear has to do with it, but I need something to get the right stats. I looked at Dulfy, but there's only the PvE guide and it has very little in the way of PvP focus.

I recently wrote an AP PT guide for PvP (3.0). I write in depth on staying alive and using CD's appropriately.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=787312

I hope you find it useful.

Informative: If it helps anyone that reads this that is capable of helping my stats are as follows:

Bonus Dmage: Aim 2810, Cunning 164, Power 707, Tech Power 2024.

Tech Accuracy: 104.88%

Critical Chance: 28.57% (493 rating)

Critical Multiplier: 67.68% (Surge Rating 316)

Alacrity: 2.07% (158 rating)

My stats are currently (buffed and with Advanced Anodyne stim):

Aim: 3465, Cunning: 135 (:p), Power: 1119, Tech Power: 2166: Tech Accuracy: 101.00%; Crit Chance: 24.03%, Crit Mult 74.61%, Alacrity: 0%

Some people prefer to swap out Surge for Accuracy. My railshots very occasionally get deflected by Sorcs so I may opt for a bit more accuracy. I'm just messing around with it at the moment. Your Crit Chance is way too high - I'd opt for 21-24%.

Edited by breaktobuild