Suggestion: Artifice Crystal - Audio Augments

ThaadJarvis

This could be done many ways and may have been suggested before in some way but my idea involves an R/E component much like the components of R/Eing everything else and augmenting the crystals themselves (not weapon & no stats) Take the entire Star Wars weapons audio collection BW uses and spread it across all levels of crafted crystals 1 - 60 & so forth (weapons would still have a default audio that was origionally with that weapon). Common "shards" would be awarded for every R/E of a crystal and purple components would have other names from the vocabulary of crystal polishing which I am not familiar with. Most importantly and probably a difficult part of this would be having a sound preview button in your crafting window, or maybe an entire window for everyone's client listing all sounds, categorized by name and rarity color, with a preview button, & greyed out until present somewhere in your inventory and again greyed when absent. When sound shard "augment" is added to any Bound or BoE crystal it (like Armor Augments) becomes ex: Tuned Advanced Hawkeye Black/purple color crystal and >Item BIND< (for all non-Artifice) and BoE crystals remain BoE for Artifice to sell or instead have Artifice create TUNING KITS maybe required as mats in order to assemble this whole process together.

If BW and the community do not find weapon Audio that important then perhaps add a minor tertiary stat increase (absorb/Accuracy/Alacrity/Surge/Shield/etc.) along with the sound to increase value and put the bare +41 crystals into the past. This would make artifice alive again imo and add more customization to our favorite weapons. I'm sure many players can remember a time they sought after a sweet weapon - obtained it - and realized its odd audio makes it very annoying to use. Any ideas or dilemmas I may have missed? And should something like this be prioritized by BW in the road ahead?

They won't do any changes that add any stats to a crystal. They have stated in a number of posts they wished they had never assigned any stats to crystals to begin with, and they were merely an aesthetic choice. By making all the new crystals +41, they have essentially accomplished that by making all crystals equal.

However, having an option to change the sound of a weapon does have merit, I just don't think they would do it if it involved a stat change. So perhaps the option for changing the sound of a lightsabre could be an Artificer's skill? And then guns would fall under Armstechs. I agree that I've also picked weapons to use based upon the sounds they make. The sound of Setele's lightsabre is its main attraction to me, same as the TAC-hud Sniper Rifle.

They won't do any changes that add any stats to a crystal. They have stated in a number of posts they wished they had never assigned any stats to crystals to begin with, and they were merely an aesthetic choice. By making all the new crystals +41, they have essentially accomplished that by making all crystals equal.

However, having an option to change the sound of a weapon does have merit, I just don't think they would do it if it involved a stat change. So perhaps the option for changing the sound of a lightsabre could be an Artificer's skill? And then guns would fall under Armstechs. I agree that I've also picked weapons to use based upon the sounds they make. The sound of Setele's lightsabre is its main attraction to me, same as the TAC-hud Sniper Rifle.

I like the idea of having armstech for guns and artifice for LS. Also I only mentioned a stat because I was unsure if people or devs would care as much about all this just to tweak the sound on something, therefor a stat addition as well could be a sound solution for the players that mostly care only about numbers and ratings and devs may also be interested in a new thought on the 41 crystal dilemma. My current weapon and favorite sound by far is the Corsair's Pistol dropped from Blood Hunt FP. Sky Ridge pistol also has nice new sound but it's not the same as Corsair's.