Having to do side missions, OVER AND OVER

TalonVII

I know this has probably been talked to death but I haven't seen it pop up lately so I'm diving back in head first.

I love the stories of this game. I really do. But why is it everytime I want to do a class for the main story up to chapter 3, why must I do all these side missions OVER AND OVER again?

Why can't it be(and hell I'd happily sub for this ability) I just do the main story missions, and when I finish I just end at a lower level, but I can just DO those missions once I've completed a story mission.

EX: I do say the Jedi Knight story all the way through. Then lets say I just want to do the Inquisitor story. Why can't I just have a subbed ability(or can be bought) to where I can advance along the story missions should I choose to and it will be brought down to my level? Lets say I just plow through the story, but I end up say lvl 30 instead of 50? That would be the trade off ofcourse but least I could enjoy the story that much faster without having to do all the side missions repeatedly?

Or atleast something to that regard. Anybody else just sometimes want to progress the story, even at the expense of getting up in character levels?

That's basically what the 12x xp event that occurred before 3.0 did. You could level 1-50 (even a bit over 50) just by doing the class quest. As Makeb also counted as "class quest," you could hit 55 easily with no side grinding at all.

Numerous suggestions have been made to either hold 12x xp events more regularly or make it unlockable through the Cartel Market. Either is probably far less dev-intensive than downscaling story content.

For what it's worth, it is possible to do this (mostly) when they have double-xp weekends.

You'll need some credits, as it requires unlocking the legacy xp perks, and using the xp boost consumables. But with all this, plus double-xp you can get level with class quests, some mob kill xp, and the occasional something else (flashpoint, warzone, space mission, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more 2x weekends this year.

For what it's worth, it is possible to do this (mostly) when they have double-xp weekends.

You'll need some credits, as it requires unlocking the legacy xp perks, and using the xp boost consumables. But with all this, plus double-xp you can get level with class quests, some mob kill xp, and the occasional something else (flashpoint, warzone, space mission, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more 2x weekends this year.

There will def. be more 2xXP weekends, and they are worth it if you use your strategy to level. I have leveled toons from 1 - 45 in a weekend, lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.