The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

does form VII show that "gray side" is all but impossible.

Ghisallo

Now note I would say, if this is the case, that it is impossible for most "normal" humanoids. I do not consider Voss "normal" because the study of the force literally changed their evolution. As such they may be an notable exception.

I say this because Windu is apparently the only person to master the form without falling to the Dark Side. If I understand correctly what makes Form VII so powerful is that you take the rage, anger, hate etc of a Dark Sider and essentially let it flow through you...but it is supposed to be a perfect loop...you are supposed to allow these emotions to pass entirely through you. If they don't take up residence inside you then you can't fall.

So I am trying to figure out...is this about remaining balanced (al la gray side) or is it simply about discipline so that you can put one of Frank Herbert's cooler quotes into practice...

"I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"

So its not about gray and rather that Windu just had an insane amount of self discipline.

Edited by Ghisallo

You're referring to Vaapad, which, while similar to Juyo, has a greater weight on the mind.

However, Juyo is not one taught to Jedi often because of the emotional stuff behind it. It requires a great deal of self control and self discipline in order to truly master for Jedi.

You're referring to Vaapad, which, while similar to Juyo, has a greater weight on the mind.

However, Juyo is not one taught to Jedi often because of the emotional stuff behind it. It requires a great deal of self control and self discipline in order to truly master for Jedi.

Why I always considered Master Kavar such a BAMF as he could use Juyo without falling to the darkside. That was some major self control to use that form without falling.

I know, I tend to use the form numbers since I suck at spelling and I usually post from my phone..lol. I did forget however that Vaapad is simply a variant and that Juyo is also VII. Thanks for the look out.

My question is though... Is Vaapad really a form that is compatible with the "light side." As far as I can tell Windu is the only practitioner of the Vaapad variant who did not fall to the dark side. So I am wondering...is he in essence the exception that proves the rule as far as it not really being compatible with the light side?

I know, I tend to use the form numbers since I suck at spelling and I usually post from my phone..lol. I did forget however that Vaapad is simply a variant and that Juyo is also VII. Thanks for the look out.

My question is though... Is Vaapad really a form that is compatible with the "light side." As far as I can tell Windu is the only practitioner of the Vaapad variant who did not fall to the dark side. So I am wondering...is he in essence the exception that proves the rule as far as it not really being compatible with the light side?

It's possible. I think it takes an extreme level of self control. You have to be able to have the ability to look into the penumbra of darkness, no, walk into the penumbra of darkness, and not be corrupted. It might not be compatible with the Light, but one could say it is the greatest weapon created against the Dark.