Top Posters In This Topic

• Beniboybling

• cs_zoltan

• Aurbere

• tunewalker

Comparison of Exar Kun, Arcann & Kyp Durron

Abilities in Control

Exar Kun

Along with impressive speed Exar Kun possessed incredible strength. With his bare hands he was able to crush a Sith holocron, he could implant his fingers into flesh. As a Jedi he was able to quickly overpower Vodo, breaking his weapon, and in his Sith prime, destroyed Vodo and his staff with a singe attack. He was also able to cut through a wall of Mandalorian iron, one of the strongest materials in the known galaxy, before his prime.

In regards to endurance, despite having yet embraced the dark side and having his connection to the Force stifled he was able to survive having tonnes of rubble dropped on him that broke his bones in hundreds of places, and managed to remain conscious. And considering Nadd was able to heal these injuries in an instant, whom Kun is later stated to surpass, it is likely Kun in his prime could quickly heal such injury as well.

It was also speculated that he could have fought Ulic for hours.

Kun was also talented in the art of Force concealment, hiding his presence from Odan-Urr and Nomi Sunrider despite being in close proximity to them.

Kun was also a master of essence transfer, and after empowering his spirit, liberated from his body, with the strength of thousands of Massassi, he was able to survive a massively potent Wall of Light conjured by the entire Jedi Order - tens of thousands - that in the process caused permanent damage to Yavin 4's ecosystem.

Arcann

Arcann possessed immense physical strength, as a child capable of taking on and defeating Zakuul Knights in melee combat, and in his prime easily overpowered Sith Warriors of the resurgent Sith Empire, and completely dominated the Sith Lord Darth Atroxa - who led the Sith defense of Korriban. He also demonstrated physical superiority over the Outlander, and in a fit of rage overpowered and killed his brother in seconds.

In terms of endurance and pain resistance, Arcann survived being caught in an explosion from an airstrike that caused irreparable damage to his arm and serious burns to his face, enduring the installment of metal prosthetics in the field and while remaining conscious. Later in his prime he survived being crushed by a massive pillar, and falling thousands of feet, without sustaining any visible injury.

Finally Arcann possessed considerable talent in the art of Force concealment, hiding his presence from the Outlander despite being mere meters in front of him, and later catching him off-guard with a surprise attack.

Kyp Durron

At a young age Kyp demonstrated considerable strength and stamina, deflecting laser cannon fire from a freighter for several minutes, and also exceptional endurance and pain resistance, surviving crushing his legs, arms and rib-cage in order to fit into a tiny message cylinder, before being briefly exposed to the vacuum of space. And in his prime, he displayed the Force augmentative abilities to spar evenly with a young Jaina.

Abilities in Sense

Exar Kun

Kun was able to sense others across large distances, and even managed to sense the presence of users of Sith Magic, the Ketos, from across the galaxy.

Arcann

Arcann was able to have fully fledged telepathic conversations with his twin brother, Thexan.

Kyp Durron

Kyp is a piece o **** with no feats in Sense. :)

Abilities in Alter

Exar Kun

Exar Kun possessed powerful telekinetic abilities, capable of killing Odan Urr with Force wound, and hurling Jedi Knights away with powerful Force pushes, and he was capable of Force flight which he could use to slow his fall.

Exar Kun was also a mastery of Sith Sorcery, and in particular favoured use of the Force Blast. A powerful projection of pure dark side energy that could vaporize objects, opponents and even Force sensitives. An ability which Exar Kun used to incapacitate Aleema Keto, and destroy the spirit of Freedon Nadd.

He was also capable of dominating and controlling the minds of non-Force sensitives with a Sith Spell - the strain of which resulted in the death of the victim, and was able to perform a mass hypnosis to paralyse the senate.

Arcann

Arcann possessed immense telekinetic abilities, capable of telekinetically dominating the Outlander - plastering him against a wall, disarming him with a push, ragdolling him repeatedly, before telekinetically pulling him on to his lightsaber. Arcann was also able to Force grip and seemingly dominated the powerful Heskal.

Arcann was also masterful in Force lightning, a blast of which destroyed HK-55 beyond repair and was seemingly life threatening to the Outlander. He was also able to unleash lightning in blasts and lightning strikes.

In terms of Force defenses, he was described as having an almost "unbeatable defense" and demonstrated as such when shrugging off the Outlander's telekinetic attacks, defending himself against the explosion of dark side energy resultant of Valkorion's death, that rendered the Outlander unconscious, and later withstanding for almost a minute a vast Force storm conjured by Valkorion that was large and powerful enough to kill the pilots of passing ships, something that only overwhelmed him via its telekinetic force.

Kyp Durron

Kyp possessed profound telekinetic ability. At a young age incinerating living tissue, reducing a pair of rats to bones with a burst of power. In his prime he was capable of manipulating proton torpedoes and launched a freighter at high speeds in space. He was also capable of manipulating artificial black holes created by dovin basals, that were dense enough to consume almost anything they came into contact with. Kyp was also capable of fine manipulation, animating a shower of nuts and bolts to attack in a swarm at missile like speeds. Kyp was highly capable at breaking telekinetic barriers, easy ragdolling Corran Horn with a flick of his wrist.

In terms of mental manipulation Kyp possessed considerable talent, capable of projecting memories into the minds of non-Force users while erasing others.

Finally he was masterful in Alter Enviroment, calling down a lightning bolt that instantly killed a Sith leviathan.

Edited by Beniboybling

I'm going with Arcann in Control tbh. Kyp and Kun are pretty **** in this category.
Reasons? I would say Kun is the one to beat in Control. I also edited it to include his Essence Transfer abilities.

EDIT: And also Force concealment abilities, should make him more comparable.

Edited by Beniboybling

Reasons? I would say Kun is the one to beat in Control. I also edited it to include his Essence Transfer abilities.

Well the stuffz before your edit:

Speed: What speed?

Strength:

• Holocron = Nexus.
  • Vodo = See Aurbere's argument. His staff was empowered by his power in the force, Kun simply overwhelmed him.
  • Implant fingers in flesh = How is this even a feat at this tier? I could list Kenobi feats ******** on this one.
  • Mando iron = Iirc he was amped by Freedon Nadd.

Endurance: Probably his only impressive feat here...yet he still would've died if not for Nadd. Which is important.

Fighting Ulic for hours: Yeah, the feat that was replicated by pre-TFU Galen and AotC Kenobi. Also iirc by Tol Braga...for days.

Well the stuffz before your edit:

Speed: What speed?

Strength:

• Holocron = Nexus.
  • Vodo = See Aurbere's argument. His staff was empowered by his power in the force, Kun simply overwhelmed him.
  • Implant fingers in flesh = How is this even a feat at this tier? I could list Kenobi feats ******** on this one.
  • Mando iron = Iirc he was amped by Freedon Nadd.

Endurance: Probably his only impressive feat here...yet he still would've died if not for Nadd. Which is important.

Fighting Ulic for hours: Yeah, the feat that was replicated by pre-TFU Galen and AotC Kenobi. Also iirc by Tol Braga...for days.

Yeah there a quite a few things I forgot to add, I'd suggest another read over.

To address some of these points:

1. The presence of a nexus isn't proof he was drawing on it to destroy the holocron.

2. I revised the Vodo feat accordingly, however the it is only more impressive in the respect that Kun was able to overpower Vodo with ease as an apprentice, and as a Sith Lord defeated him with a single strike.

Vodo being surely more powerful than the mooks Arcann dominated on Korriban.

3. Potentially the case with the Beskar, but bear in mind this was when Kun was a Jedi, as a Sith he grew more powerful and more importantly thoroughly surpassed Nadd, and any kind of power he might have given.

4. Again with healing he surpassed Nadd, which is important, because it suggests he can insta-heal such injury. There is no indication however that Arcann possesses anything resembling such profound healing ability.

There is also essence transfer to consider, Exar Kun possesses a level of spiritual mastery Arcann just doesn't have.

Edited by Beniboybling

1. The presence of a nexus isn't proof he was drawing on it to destroy the holocron.

3. Potentially the case with the Beskar, but bear in mind this was when Kun was a Jedi, as a Sith he grew more powerful and more importantly thoroughly surpassed Nadd, and any kind of power he might have given.

1. What kind of argument is that? He was on a nexus, end of.

3. Yeah but was prime Kun more poweful than Nadd and Jedi Kun combined?

Anyhow with the new feats I'm backing Kun (excuse me while I throw up saying that). Now let's move on to Sense. Where Kun sweeps (excuse me while I drink some bleach saying that). GG no re.

Now onto alter.

Edited by cs_zoltan

What kind of argument is that? He was on a nexus, end of.
It's not an argument, it's a request for proof to support your argument, it is possible to logically conclude that Kun would be capable of such a feat with his own power, you need to prove that he drew on the nexus/required it.
Yeah but was prime Kun more poweful than Nadd and Jedi Kun combined?
Well there we are assuming that Nadd gave him all his power, considering Kun is barely aware of Nadd's presence, that seems unlikely, more likely that he gave him a boost. So I think in thoroughly surpassing Nadd (he did one shot him) he achieved the necessary power.

Going from defeating Vodo after a short period to one shotting him demonstrating how much he grew in strength.

Anyhow with the new feats I'm backing Kun (excuse me while I throw up saying that). Now let's move on to Sense. Where Kun sweeps (excuse me while I drink some bleach saying that). GG no re.
Excellent, and perhaps we should wait for more voices to weigh in first. Slow and steady :) Edited by Beniboybling

It's not an argument, it's a request for proof to support your argument, it is possible to logically conclude that Kun would be capable of such a feat with his own power, you need to prove that he drew on the nexus/required it.

How the hell am I suppose to prove that? Rule of thumb: If it was done on a nexus it's amped. Prove that he didn't.

Anyhow if you think it's his sign of superiority then you insinuate that his adversaries can't replicate it, which is all the proof required.

Excellent, and perhaps we should wait for more voices to weigh in first. Slow and steady :)

How the hell am I suppose to prove that? Rule of thumb: If it was done on a nexus it's amped. Prove that he didn't.

Anyhow if you think it's his sign of superiority then you insinuate that his adversaries can't replicate it, which is all the proof required.

**** your rule of thumb. :)

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/legendsofthemultiuniverse/images/f/fc/Palpatine_grin.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20120903014352 Edited by Beniboybling

Excellent, and perhaps we should wait for more voices to weigh in first. Slow and steady :)

Well since I'm the Voice of Aurbere I can say in his stead that he favours Kun. As for Rylth he was pushing for him in #9 so he does now too. So that's all the Council. And we have two advocates (Yeah I worth 2, even beyond as Aurbere's Voice, FU) so we can move on.

Fyyiiine. Alter then, thoughts? I think they are all pretty formidable.

I think it doesn't matter. No one is so far off from the others to overcome Kun's edge in not 1, but 2 category.

Ba dum ts.

Anyhow, Arcann.

Edited by cs_zoltan

Well since I'm the Voice of Aurbere I can say in his stead that he favours Kun. As for Rylth he was pushing for him in #9 so he does now too. So that's all the Council. And we have two advocates (Yeah I worth 2, even beyond as Aurbere's Voice, FU) so we can move on.

Says who?