Sell or Use the Contraband Slot Machine?

dljtanke

I was lucky enough to get one of these from the Acolyte Pack a few days back. I was really excited because now I have a chance to get my Contraband Resale corp rep up, but I've heard that the drop rates are going to be nerfed soon. Now I'm worried that if I use the slot machine the upcoming nerf will give rep items insanely low drop rates.

As I'm typing this, the lowest price for the slot machine on the GTN is 3.8 million credits. Should I take the credits and run, or just use it?

Edited by dljtanke

Either way you'll be good. Getting rep out of the Contraband Slot Machine is far, far cheaper than rep out of Contraband Hypercrates.

The hypercrates with the rep you want run what, anywhere between 12-25 million? And it'll probably take about three or four for max rep, if not more.

Once you have the slot machine, however, well let's just say that spending 100k on a couple stacks o chips got me enough rep to max out the (inflated) weekly cap; I'm just shy of champion after spending those chips and I'm just waiting for the reset next Tuesday. You'll also get scrap materials to trade to the Jawas for mats, and quite probably a couple of certs.

Or you could sell it and take the instant credits, depends how much the contraband rep is worth to you, really.

Personally I had to buy mine--the acolyte's shadow hypercrates haven't even showed up on GTN on my server yet cuz everyone wants to open them, and the packs are going for 600k LOL. The price cutting however was so intense that I was able to get everything I wanted out of that hypercrate for 1.5m combined (naga sadow centerpiece statute 250k LOLOL), and once I found out about the slot machine that set me back 5 mil. Totally worth it though--now the only reason why I have to be on lookout for the hypercrate is to max out my rep from the new packs, and I have the option of going back to the previous packs which are dirt cheap on my server right now. :)

I was lucky enough to get one of these from the Acolyte Pack a few days back. I was really excited because now I have a chance to get my Contraband Resale corp rep up, but I've heard that the drop rates are going to be nerfed soon. Now I'm worried that if I use the slot machine the upcoming nerf will give rep items insanely low drop rates.

As I'm typing this, the lowest price for the slot machine on the GTN is 3.8 million credits. Should I take the credits and run, or just use it?

No nerfing has been confirmed.

No nerfing has been confirmed.

They've only confirmed that current drop rates were intended and that using the slot machine is legit. They've stated they're looking into the drop rates but they haven't come to a decision yet. Hence no nerf has occurred yet but it's possible the drop rates might get changed in the near future.

If the drop rate is nerfed, however, it's likely to be mats (specifically jawa junk) getting the nerf, not reputation tokens.

Well first of all; is there anything you really want to buy from the rep vendors? :p

And more seriously; what Eric Musco said in his post was that they are looking at the drop rate for Jawa junk.

Nothing about the droprate for rep items has been stated.

And even if they did; if you claim it now and spend a couple of stacks of coins you can easily collect enough rep items before Tuesday to carry you to maximum rep.

Edited by wolfyde

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.