Screenshot folder?

BasketCased

Before you guys flip out on me and say, "SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!" I did and the posts I read through said the folder was supposed to be created in C:\Users\<name>\Documents. I looked in there but no SWTOR was created. I tried searching but it wasn't coming up. Do I need to manually create it? I'm running Windows 7.

I run Windows 7 and mine auto-created a folder called Star Wars: The Old Republic in Libraries > Documents. In that folder is another folder for Screenshots.

More than half the time, Print Screen doesn't work in cutscenes, though. I suggest getting FRAPS (and if you do, that's usually stored at C: FRAPS, though you can change that during installation.)

Edited by halcyon_havoc

I checked there, too. Still don't see a folder for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

I did do a custom install to a folder I keep my games in, but that should just be for the game software, right? I searched that for a screenshots folder and didn't find it there, either.

Why don't you just search for files with the .jpg ending ? This way you'd fing them regardless.

However, sometimes the in-game screenshot function just doesn't seem to work. You can find this out by looking at everything that moves : Things that move freeze for a fraction of a second when / while you take a screenshot.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Why don't you just search for files with the .jpg ending ? This way you'd fing them regardless.

However, sometimes the in-game screenshot function just doesn't seem to work. You can find this out by looking at everything that moves : Things that move freeze for a fraction of a second when / while you take a screenshot.

MOST of the time the in game screenshot function doesn't work, unless you're outside of a cutscene. That's why I suggested getting Fraps. Maybe that could be the issue, you simply don't have any because of the game's print screen epic failure.

Just to verify, I just checked and my screenshots folder is under "Star Wars - The Old Republic" in "My Documents". (Windows 7)

Incidentally, I have my OS and SWTOR on an SSD and my libraries are re-directed to the D: (HDD) drive. When I open up Windows Explorer, there is a list of "Libraries" on the left, and in there is "Documents". I have to click on the little arrow head next to "Documents" to show "My Documents" and "Public Documents" and the SW folder is under "My Documents". So, be sure you are looking in "My Documents" not just "Documents"

Or, similarity to what someone said earlier, but much more specifically, just search your computer for "Star Wars" or "screenshots" and the folder should appear on the list. (Much faster than searching for ".jpg" which could return a ton of results).

P.s. I've never had problems taking a screenshot - but then again, I haven't taken a whole lot either. :rolleyes:

Edited by JediQuaker

MOST of the time the in game screenshot function doesn't work, unless you're outside of a cutscene. That's why I suggested getting Fraps. Maybe that could be the issue, you simply don't have any because of the game's print screen epic failure.

I already use Fraps because of this. :D

Edited by AlrikFassbauer