The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Force in balance and Dot Spreading

Retro_Chrome

Sages, commandos, shadows and probably Smugglers have a DoT Spread mechanic, i wonder what the reasoning is behind Plasmatechs not getting one.

the only thing i can think of is that Plasmatize "auto spreads" but only if a current target dies and another target is close enough for it to travel to. i just wonder why our DoT spec lacks this mechanic since that is what it seems the developers were going for with DoT specs.

Well my best guess is that DoT spread was made for AoE purpose (they are at the same place where burst specs get the AoE crit and surge talent) not for target switching. And in that case Plasmatech already has Pulse Generator and Explosive Surge DoTing.

i can almost see your point...except that pulse cannon barely hits harder than a DoT right now as it is ...and we all know that explosive surge spreading Plasma cell DoT(if it even works) is barely the same as spreading Mind Crush or whatever sages get as the new one and weaken mind to all targets... and its not like sages dont have earthquake or anything lol.

maybe you are right..it jsut feels like if they gave us a DoT spread with sticky grenade like the commandos or something it would be more QoL then anything...i mean for pvp im already tab dotting a group before i focus a target anyhow so i doubt it would make that much of a difference there.

meh its just curious is all i am saying.

for sure you are right...but that doesnt mean its actually good... i look at it as a burst DoT that the target can be knocked out of or can just run out of it by themselves...the difference between say mind crush or similar DoTs is that with DoT spread they can be applied to many targets and regardless of the situation stay on those targets. if i have to stop channel due to boss mechanics or get stunned in PvP, that completely breaks my pulse cannon.

we can argue the skill required to use PC appropriately or the difference in damage between the abilities but really thats not what i posted for...

i would rather spread my dots with sticky grenade ala commandos and remove the auto migrate from plasmatize and i think would make a much better experience for most people playing plasmatech. it would also bring our DoT spec in line with others, as far as mechanics.