Republic side pvp is so bad

King_Fenny

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm Saberwing's guild leader. Therefore, the Yavin gear thing can be laid at my feet. We were in a strong conquest fight and needed as many points as we could get. Should some of our people have been using Yavin gear? Nope. Did we? Probably. I can't control everything. Regardless, aim your blame right here. I PvP constantly. It is all I do. I have the gear, but I don't expect all of my guildmates to do so. That said, I understand your frustration and we are taking steps to remedy the problem. Sometimes things happen though, and If by chance some slip through the cracks and show up with less expertise? You'll live. Edited by Kirby

OK.. Kirby is nice to take the bullet, but let's try this for a focus on topic. Folks, this is a game. You are only playing the game as cheaply as you can because folks continue to play the game, and many MANY fewer are playing the game than were a few years ago. I did not play the game at all for like 18 months or more and currently only pay for the game cause I really like space PvP.. which you can only PvP in space. Do I hate it when my team loses cause the bottom 3 or more players do less damage than the third highest player on the board? Sure. Do I lose all the time because of that, nope. The thing is, space really, really requires a lot of skill and twitch experience to start off. Many of you ground pounder types probably don't even play it.

That being said, the ground PvP is very fast moving and not entirely like the PvE story stuff. That stuff is pretty easy actually. Plus you don't need an encyclopedia and a map to do it, as most of it has shiny triangles that tell you where to go as opposed to a load screen that has some cryptic message. So it takes a bit of learning to know what the heck to do in PvP, and it is way worse knowing that you have to do it many hours a day for weeks at a time to get the toys lined up to truly compete. If you even understand the rest of it enough to want to look up the information to know which vendor to go to. If I wanted to go read a ton outside a game to play it I would go back to MineCraft, which costs nothing per month and has more depth to it.

So you have a choice, you can hate the player, and the player will hate the game, and the game will shrink and the owners of the game will see the non-PvP target shrink and spend more time on non-PvP content. Or you can be polite and direct and attempt to be helpful to get people excited about PvP and grown that area of the game. I was in my Pirate gear for the simple reason that I was glad to be in the game at all and did not want to spend time running around clothes shopping when I would rather play. I had not played TOR more than a couple hours since I cleared the 'expansion' in a few days and it was play or cancel. So here is the script for next time:

"Hey.. I noticed that you are PvPing in the new gear from Yavin so I bet you are new? It is so awesome to have new folks in PvP, it is so fun and a great mix with the PvE content. I wanted you to know though that there is an entirely different system for PvP that uses different armor and weapons. It is a bit complicated and sometime stupid, but you will do so much more damage and healing if you can get this extra stat called Expertise. I can help you if you want, but either way, it is nice to see players in and I am here if you want help to understand the system better"

Call me simple, maybe even an optimist, but at least hearing a request like that I could lend support and maybe even get around to wasting more cargo space for yet another row of clothes.. BTW, you do know they do that just to make you spend more money? ;)

So last night after about 5 straight losses on my shadow I said screw this and hopped over to the assassin.

I queued up ...boom pop! It's an arena hey that's cool I like arena's.

Look around at my team. UHM 3 guys I never heard of... 3 guilds I never heard of.. All over 50k health...yeah it ended bad.

Some days it just doesn't pay to be me.

Edited by Octagon

So last night after about 5 straight losses on my shadow I said screw this and hopped over to the assassin.

I queued up ...boom pop! It's an arena hey that's cool I like arena's.

Look around at my team. UHM 3 guys I never heard of... 3 guilds I never heard of.. All over 50k health...yeah it ended bad.

Some days it just doesn't pay to be me.

Last night was strange... I had a match were we won with basically 3 people that had 80% of the damage 90% of the healing and 100% of the objective points.

I've been there too Rok... I've gone nights where it took me 18 matches to finish dailies on 3 characters.

OK after 3 days of warzones Pubs side vs Imps I went 8-24 and Imps side vs pubs I went 20-1. The only thing I can think of is to have a event called best in class where I will host and take part of . First event will be Best in class Sage. Where Sage vs Sage duel for a prize of 2 million Credits in Outlaws Den. Must have a min of 10 people sign up for event and entry fee of 100k per Sage that enters.Time will be 4 pm EST on Saturday the 17th of January.

What kills me about pvers as of late is that they are starting to become as* *****! even when you try to be polite and say green level 56 mods and enhancements will help better with bolster and help your team out they become aggressive. First thing I do now upon entering a wz is a team inspection. I would say whole heartedly that I will know the outcome of the match before it even begins. 90% of the time. Edited by durhame

OK after 3 days of warzones Pubs side vs Imps I went 8-24 and Imps side vs pubs I went 20-1. The only thing I can think of is to have a event called best in class where I will host and take part of . First event will be Best in class Sage. Where Sage vs Sage duel for a prize of 2 million Credits in Outlaws Den. Must have a min of 10 people sign up for event and entry fee of 100k per Sage that enters.Time will be 4 pm EST on Saturday the 17th of January.

You must have the worst luck ever....

I have been hesitant to respond to this thread. I don't feel the essence of it should be directed at republic faction pvpers, nor should it reflect any guild in particular.

In my opinion on all of this, the overall quality of PVP on this server has really hit rock bottom. There are some exceptional pvpers that remain on this server; I can name several that come to mind. But the number of them is becoming fewer and fewer. Since 3.0 dropped, whether it be midbies, 60s, regs, ranked; where brutal WZ experiences could be shrugged off because the next one was a fantastic nailbiters, those fun matches are becoming fewer and farther between. I have never considered myself a good player; average perhaps, but nowadays in 90% of the WZs I am in my damage or heals are either 3x anyone else in the WZ, or my poor PuG team gets face rolled by some premade or double premade, who honestly aren't even very good in most cases, but their gear and coordination is enough to beat a team with 6 of 8 that are just there for conquest points.

Those awesome matches, where you know or recognize the whole group and you win or lose by 1 goal or 10 points do still happen here but they are now exceedingly rare. Conquest events, folks leaving the game and folks leaving the server for better play are all responsible for this phenomenon and it is truly unfortunate.

Yeah I finally gave up and jumped to Harbinger. Was cool to meet some new people but it was starting to be too much.

I couldn't even get my sage to level 56 before I wanted to slit my wrists from trying to play in mids. Looks like everyone just spamming their autoattacks

What really needs to happen is all the top tier pub pvpers should just consolidate into one superguild. I imagine that would bring some much needed excitement back to republic pvp.

And maintain some sort of standard. If you can't do at least 3k hps or 2k dps by now don't bother applying.

Edited by ace_boogie

Isn't that <Republic>?

He said top tier pub PvPers. Tell me how that possibily applies to Republic?

On Topic though: Yes, ever since 3.0 hit Reps have been utterly woeful. For the live of me I don't understand what on earth happened. Yes, you can point to some good PvPers leaving but it's really the pugs that act as if their brain has been stolen after 3.0 hit. I see so many Sages with stats like 160k Damage and 90 Healing, Guardians that don't break 150k damage and Vanguards that don't peform nearly as well as their class is capable of.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Most pvprs have toons on. Both sides. The problem isn't rep side, the problem is that most pvprs are leaving the game. Take your pick... Imbalance, midbies, bolster, lack of new content, list goes on...... What you then find is pvers filling the gaps and trying get conquest stuff done. When I joined the server a year ago the rep side was pretty strong and we won more than we lost consistently. The more dedicated pvprs are starting to migrate and stay imp side. Just last night in queues we faced the same group three times in a row. Guess why that is..... Because the population is thinning out.... Fast.